[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get this >comes today >marks all over it >bottom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 713W5Zw9mzL._SL1500_.jpg (89 KB, 1500x1182) Image search: [Google]
713W5Zw9mzL._SL1500_.jpg
89 KB, 1500x1182
>get this
>comes today
>marks all over it
>bottom is all scratched and has a ding
>looks used
>plug it in
>it's the old 2012 revision that can't have it's firmware patched so it's stuck with the infamous skipping cursor issue

I love my luck with mice... I think I give up forever i'll just return this and keep using my damn 7 dollar kingston mouse in a box until they finally make a good mouse
>>
>not complaining to the seller
What the fuck are you doing nigger? Great mouse btw, ive had mine for 2 years now and no issues except obvious wear on the cover.
>>
>>51873000
I just emailed amazon and got an instant refund.
>>
File: Untitled.png (492 KB, 996x731) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
492 KB, 996x731
Still my favorite mouse. Have had it since 2013, still runs just fine.
It's also the first mouse I've owned that's lasted for over a year. Generally the scroll wheel gives out on most mice, but I barely use it due to my keybindings.

I love the Corsair Scimitar's build quality, but hate the yellow body color, and won't give up the third mouse button that the G600 has.
>>
File: Capture.png (124 KB, 725x700) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
124 KB, 725x700
>>51873158
It's really wide though so far it makes my hand feel tired.

check in your settings and see if you have the new revision that can be flashed or the old one like me.

Not sure if I should try my luck and find a new one again or get a steelseries sensei raw instead
>>
>>51873214
I remember taking about a week to get used to the mouse. Both the width, and pressing the macro buttons without accidentally pushing the mouse around.

I've got the same older model, but I've never actually had issues with the skipping cursor thing, though I've heard about it for a few years now.
>>
>>51873158
>I love the Corsair Scimitar's build quality, but hate the yellow body color, and won't give up the third mouse button that the G600 has.
Yup, that color is literally the only reason I won't but it. It doesn't even make any sense to just make a yellow version when all their other products have a black version too. I don't get why they think yellow only is a good idea.
>>
>>51873391
They're pushing yellow as their brand color, I guess.
Kinda like Logitech is blue, and Razer is green.
Just don't get why they force it as part of the body's actual color, when the whole point of RGB is that it'll match with anything.
>>
>>51872954
Don't give up. It's a great mouse that extra top button op as fuck. I literally don't use the 12 side buttons but dat ring finger button bound to m3.
>>
>>51873158
Does it work for you when assigning Home and End shortcuts?
>>
>>51874011
Should work for any key on a standard keyboard, but just tested it to double check for you, and it worked fine.
>>
>>51874052
Yeah its the only keys that dont work, maybe it has something to do with me having remapped those keys on the keyboard through SharpKeys, they work like they should with the keyboard though. Thanks for testing.
>>
Is the sensor on this mouse good enough to play FPS/CS:GO with?
>>
>>51874612
Yes but beware of old batches/defective units, those tend to develop double click and other issues over time, like what happened to OP. Also have in mind its a bit on the big side so avoid if you have manlet hands.
>>
Is this mouse usable for FPS's?
>>
>>51875276
Yes, it's a great all-around mouse, including shooters, or whatever PC games.
Though if you're competitive in twitch shooters or something, there's better options.
>>
Is the Corsair Scimitar any good?
>>
I upgraded my logitech mx518 to a Mionix Naos 7000 its killer desu senpai
>>
>>51875609
Own a G600, but I got to play around with it a bit at PAX.
Definitely a higher build quality as I mentioned >>51873158, but I personally prefer the G600 still.
I think the Scimitar would be a better mouse for things like shooters, but I still personally like the G600 for the layout, aesthetics, and for being $30-40 cheaper.
>>
>>51875794
How much bigger is the G600? I'm used to having the back of my hand resting on the mousepad and using my fingertips to flick the mouse around.
>>
File: 20131004214356.png (121 KB, 534x476) Image search: [Google]
20131004214356.png
121 KB, 534x476
>>51875826
You mean a fingertip grip? It's how I hold mine.
It's a little wider - it's definitely noticeable. For me a big difference was that I could no longer use my ring finger to brace / hold the right side of the mouse, since that was now used for the 3rd button.
After I adjusted to holding the mouse with my pinkie, it felt fine.

Closest thing to reference I got is that it's exactly the same width as the numpad on the Corsair K70 keyboard.
>>
Should I get one of these or try to find a g400/g400s instead somewhere?
>>
>>51872954
This is what you get for buying refurbished mouses
>>
On Wed this mouse for almost 2 years. Had a double left click issue. But I've owned many mice and they all get double left click issues.

Is my finger moving at light speed or am I left clicking too hard? I suppose when I slam my mice on the table when I get mad could be the issue
>>
>>51872954
If your only problem is the bug the fix is you have to not use the internal memory
>>
That sucks!
I bought the refurbished version on Amazon and mine is perfect. I absolutely love it. I hope you can get your hands on a proper one.
>>
>>51876644
I bought it new, faggot.
>>
>>51876732
>If your only problem is the bug the fix is you have to not use the internal memory

Then why do they have a firmware flash that doesn't work on all the mouses?
>>
File: head.jpg (60 KB, 411x309) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
60 KB, 411x309
Fingertip grip + G9 = master race
>>
>>51877079
too small
>>
>>51877103
perfect for fingertip grip mate.
>>
>>51877108
299.99$ on amazon

ehhhhhhhhh
>>
>>51873706
>They're pushing yellow as their brand color, I guess.
Like I said though, the other products that have yellow versions, their headsets for example, have yellow and black versions. It's just confusing why they would only have one version of a RGB mouse.
>>
>>51872954
I had a mouse with extra buttons like that once, my thumb kept pressing them. Shit design is shit.
>>
>>51878784
I have no issue with that. you must physically retarded or something
>>
>>51878862
What the fuck did you just fucking say about you piece of shit. I'll have you know I've clocked guitar hero metallica on expert. I always come first in COD4 online matches and my experience with computers vastly outshines yours.
>>
Fantastic mouse. Has a 3 year warranty too. In Australia.
>>
White or Black version?
>>
>>51874011
>Does it work for you when assigning Home and End shortcuts?

>>51874052
>Should work for any key on a standard keyboard

it can go a bit beyond that.
I have most of my extra buttons mapped to shit like F13-F24 that Windows doesn't even usually recognize, and I use AutoHotKey to do complicated per-app macros based on chords based from those.

> e.g., m4+g9/g12 = home/end. m4+wheelup/down = pgup/dn, m2+wup/dn = prev/next tab, ...

LGS is pretty powerful, but when you start wanting more than ~20 macros per app (particularly in browsers) you're screwed, since it really only supports chording with m4.
Also, you can't assign wheel left/right to horizontal scrolling for some stupid reason on the g600, but you can fake that by HW mapping the tilt buttons to f13+ and SW mapping those keys in AHK to scrolling.
>>
>>51873158
I've been looking at this mouse for the last 4 months. So it's good? What's up with the frame skipping stuff?
>>
I have the G600 and the steelseries rival. My rival sometimes has this problem where the cursor flicks to a portion on my screen. Other than that I like it but should I use my g600 or rival? What do you guys think.
>>
>>51872954

I like my Roccat Kova +

Doesn't have as many buttons if you're an MMO player, but it's nice all the same.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-15-12-58-17.png (816 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-15-12-58-17.png
816 KB, 1440x2560
My mouse and keyboard.
Might be cheap but it's great!
>>
>>51880267
This is a great combo for the price
>>
File: Image_10S.jpg (154 KB, 1888x1168) Image search: [Google]
Image_10S.jpg
154 KB, 1888x1168
After my g500s died after 2y ill buy a g502
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.