[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: logo.png (31 KB, 302x82) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
31 KB, 302x82
Whats the point of this?
>>
remember that pic, "stop liking what I don't like!"
that is a 2001 mentality.

now it is, "stop liking what I like!"

Imagine you don't really give a shit about tech and just want to be "different". you use ubuntu. but one day you see some other kid in your class using it. so you flip shit and install some obscure distro. next you read about someone else using it on the internet, you flip shit again and install a BSD. After a year or so you see some obscure shit website doing the same thing you're doing, "this BSD is sooo cool, but you know, you probably wouldn't like it, it actually does suck, (fuck off)". You flip shit again.

Now you are here.
>>
>>51871148
People who really liked BeOS trying to make a modern equivalent. Some people treat computing as an enjoyable hobby, rather than something to mindlessly consume and show off.

Don't bother listening to projecting hipsters like >>51871200.
>>
>>51871148
fun times, thats the reason!!!! I think, always wanted to try this shit.
>>
>>51871148
Being good
>>
>>51871148
you ask for a point
but it is so evident
you won't get it m8
>>
>>51871148
A Hobby OS.

I fiddle with haiku every now and then, but I'd never use it for real
>>
>>51872927
a decent OS
so hard to come by quickly
never let it go
>>
>>51872801
try it today m8
you will discover shortly
much time was wasted
>>
>>51871200
anon told me once
hey stop liking what i like
go install gentoo
>>
Fun things are fun. Some people enjoy programming.
>>
BeOS still has the best GUI ever made.
>>
It's just an exploration into an alternate OS architecture. It may never see any level of mentionable use in the wild, but that's fine, because software concepts tend to make bounding leaps when clean slates and green fields are involved.

*nix platforms are great and wonderfully fill the role of the tried and true workhorse, but they also drag around a lot of baggage and cruft that are very real impediments to continuing advancement in operating systems. Nobody is saying that Linux and the BSDs should be supplanted by Haiku... it mainly exists for "what if" factor, and there very well might eventually be something to it that any number of facets of the software world could learn from.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.