[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which font does /g/ use in Linux? Reading the font in Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1449879424279.gif (2 MB, 540x501) Image search: [Google]
1449879424279.gif
2 MB, 540x501
Which font does /g/ use in Linux?

Reading the font in Linux hurts and strains the shit out of my eyes.
>>
9x16 / lat9w
>>
File: CL02LQaWUAIG3Rn.jpg (26 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
CL02LQaWUAIG3Rn.jpg
26 KB, 495x495
>>51870686
>using anything else but georgia
>>
Windows does it for me
>>
>>51870686
Post a screenshot of a random wikipedia article so we can tell you what you are doing wrong.
>>
My terminal is like 10/11pt Ubuntu Mono. But I use Infinality so that's a big improvement, it changes Linux font rendering from meh to better than OS X or Windows.
>>
File: 1.png (310 KB, 1885x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.png
310 KB, 1885x1080
>>51871237
>>
>>51873685
I just installed the ubuntu font packages thing from aur and windows font and Chromium seems to use them by default
Also, for UI I'd recommend the adobe source code fonts
>>
>>51870686
Linus is a kernel, it doesn't a font.
Unless you're referring to the built-in terminal fonts, in which case you should be running X/Wayland instead.
>>
>>51870686
I use 'Noto'.
>>
>>51870686
I use OS X because I'm not autistic.
>>
>>51873740
Disgusting.
>>
>>51874203
There are in kernel fonts as well, but those are console only (before x is up), and even then it can use a font from the video card instead.

I've had so few font/rendering issues with Linux since the early 2000s, I honestly thought OP was referring to console. Note I'm not sure of that were so stupid as to not realize they needed to install fonts, or just baiting.
>>
>>51870686
Windows sucks desu
>legacy bullshit
>shitty driver situation
>extremly long boot/shutdown time even on SSDs

If GPU passthrough was hasslefree I would confine Windows into a VM.
>>
>>51876921
Ducking autocorrect.

>>51875418
Noto is a pretty good set. All of the http://google.com/fonts are. I'd go for those, SourceCodePro and Symbola, then be done.

>>51875428
Up until Yosemite they had hands down the most accurate font rendering system. Tim Cook ruins everything.
>>
>>51876970
>If GPU passthrough was hassle free.

Posting from Arch with windows on the other monitor. It's not a terrible pain to set up, but yeah, not hassle free. Would anyone appreciate a /g/ wiki guide to tie up the outdated forum posts and blogs people usually use as reference for this?
>>
>>51870686
DejaVu Sans Mono
>>
Monaco/source code pro
>>
>>51876921
>There are in kernel fonts as well, but those are console only (before x is up), and even then it can use a font from the video card instead.
That's what i fucking said you stupid nigger learn to read.
>>
I use droid sans. By now I am used to the elongated look and I find it really easy to read on my small 12,5" laptop screen. Also it doesn't look retarded.
>>
Is there a difference between pcf and ttf fonts?

been just using ttf, but apparently X also uses pcf, and some sites have that for the linux option.
>>
>>51877054
yes
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.