[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a 6v 600mA ac adapter for my air hockey table. Can I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
I need a 6v 600mA ac adapter for my air hockey table. Can I use a 6v 1200mA adapter instead?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Z31G3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_3h3BwbCXDCCEA
>>
Yep that's fine. You don't want a higher voltage but higher amperage is fine. It will only draw the current that it needs.
You might want to get a UL listed adapter so you don't burn your house down.
>>
Thanks man. Do you have a recommended brand I should look into? Lot of cheap Chinese brands eager to burn my house down.
>>
>>51869611
You meant "current".

Btw op, that is a voltage source. For voltage souces, the current (amps or miliamps) showed is just the maximum it can serve, so as the anon said, it's allright.
>>
>>51869690
can you buy an off the shelf current source?
>>
>>51869690
OP here and yeah, was starting to read that the milliamps didn't matter when I posted the question. This looks like it would work:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015SGY876/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_CU3BwbTP7SCNT
>>
>>51869824
>Automatic Thermal cut-off; Short circuit and Over Voltage protection
>UL listed
looks good to me
>>
>>51869730
You can buy an adjustable power supply, limit the current and take the voltage all the way up. It will work as a current source as long as the load is capable of drawing that much current at the supply's max voltage.
You can also make a current source with a transistor and some resistors.
I'm not aware of commercial products, as this kind of source is usually found inside other products, not as their main supply.
>>
>>51869849

Ordered, thanks again
>>
File: 1398.jpg (21 KB, 347x447) Image search: [Google]
1398.jpg
21 KB, 347x447
>>51869928
>>
>>51869954
Finally , a quality thread con /g/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.