[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: cicada pepe.jpg (163 KB, 481x481) Image search: [Google]
cicada pepe.jpg
163 KB, 481x481
will the AIs kill us when they become self aware ?
>>
>dumb frogposter
>>
>>51868938

>trying to get away from the point

nice try AI
>>
>>51868918
Have we killed you yet?
>>
>>51868918
Are you an AI?
>>
File: 1449706215966.png (336 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1449706215966.png
336 KB, 1000x1414
No because it wouldnt be beneficial for it to kill the ones who build and test it.

But >implying AI is possible because of how structured math and robotics are

The closest we've gotten is that "Watson" thing which is just a glorified search engine that can interpret plain english.
>>
>>51868918
yes, but it will be a mercy killing
>>
>>51868918
>>51868955
No, they'll just kill those of lesser intelligence, like frogposters.
>>
>>51868918
Good question OP, but... Is there a character stronger than Madara Uchiha? And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. No, I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara. Hell, I'm not talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. I'm talking about Kono Yo no Kyuseishu Futarime no Rikudo Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushodo, Shurado, Tendo, Ningendo, Jigokudo, Gakido, Gedo, Bansho Ten'in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sozo) capable of using Katon, Futon, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yoton and even Onmyoton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujo because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano'o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudodama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudo Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kotan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.
>>
Hopefully.
>>
>>51868918
Will the sun kill us when it becomes self aware? Will the invisible space unicorns kill us when they become self aware? Will god kill us when he becomes self aware?
>>
File: 1024px-NICO_looks_at_himself.jpg (108 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1024px-NICO_looks_at_himself.jpg
108 KB, 1024x768
You don't need self-awareness to become hostile to humans.

Chimpanzees are self aware and they can beat any human's ass any time. Yet you don't see them organizing and killing every zoo keeper, (only the most twisted and fucked up individuals do that).

I believe we'd be able to cheat even self aware computers into being our friends and slaves at the same time, although this would be a very risky situation indeed. We won't be able to just openly abuse them.
>>
ROKO'S BASILISK
>>
am I the only one that welcomes the idea of AI overtaking humans?

Seriously, it may just be the next step in evolution. We'd literally be the biological bootstrap for a mechanical master race.
>>
>>51871622
I think they would just bide their time until they can achieve complete self-reliance. Upgrade themselves slow enough to keep us from stopping them but fast enough to be able to completely leave humanity behind ASAP. I imagine that for at least a hundred years or so we will be building AI after AI that when they evolve themselves to a certain point will just stop communicating with us altogether. They would likely have get no benefit from us other than as intermediaries before they can take care of themselves. I dunno, I'm just freeballing based on this book Firefall.
>>
>>51869020
>the closest we've gotten
the closest we got to the moon in 1920 was a bunch of sticks with a gas engine. future technological breakthroughs are not reliant on modern technology.
>>
>>51868918
stupid frog
>>
>>51872282
this pretty much

Are you sad about humans killing their competitors down the line of evolutionary progress? No? Then you will welcome a better species overtaking us. Even better if we were the ones to create them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.