[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do games like Fallout 4 look so mediocre but use so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: images-1.jpg (7 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
7 KB, 216x233
Are game developers becoming insanely lazy and inefficient, choosing not to optimize their games at all in favor of just forcing consumers to buy more expensive graphics cards even though their games look like something from five years ago?
>>
Did you know there is a board dedicated to discuss everything vidya, including hardware and drivers, in 4chan?
Yeah!
>>>/v/
>>
>>51867667
Because it's a massive game running on an updated version of a 10 year old game engine .
>>
The optimization was shit

And it was rushed af
>>
>>51867705

GPU utilization and its associated coding belongs in /g/. Fuck off grandpa, I know you don't understand these newfangled video games but this is a /g/ thread.
>>
Game is well optimized? Intel/Nvidia are pissed off at you because they can't sell their latest space heater. Game runs like shit? Gamers are pissed off at you because they have to buy said space heater. Can't win.
>>
>>51867786
Hardware makers dont gimp performance just to sell units. The consumers would complain that their year old middle range hardware doesn't work. (Haswell i5 + gtx 970 builds are common right now)

saging because this thread should be pruned.
>>
It's a large world game and it's horribly optimized.

>>>/v/
>>
File: dyKbt8E.jpg (42 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
dyKbt8E.jpg
42 KB, 835x773
>Are game developers becoming insanely lazy and inefficient?

I dont think they are lazy. Its probably more likely that the jews in charge only allow for X amount of hours to be spent on a game and that means if they are running out of hours, optimisation gets cut back.
>>
>>51867667
Wrong board, frogposter. You and your maymay garbage belong in /b/. Kill yourself.
>>
Nvidia makes libraries like Gameworks and Physx that game developers can freely use. They don't get the source code, only a pre-compiled DLL. Because Nvidia is not charity, the purpose of those libraries is to make games run worse unless you have the newest high end Nvidia GPU. AMD, older Nvidias and mid range poorfag cards, all gimped so people would buy more 980 Ti's. For the same reason, Intel has their own C++ compiler. Can't have programs run well on AMD CPUs, can we? Hell no, better buy those i7 extreme editions, goyim.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.