[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So recently I decided to rearrange my room and as a result my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 745x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 745x504
So recently I decided to rearrange my room and as a result my bed is now under an unoccupied blank ceiling. Originally I wanted to paint a mural on it, but my friend suggested "what if you got a projector?" So I took the measurements and I have a little over 77in (196cm) of ceiling width and from the floor to the ceiling is a little over 70in (177cm) do I have enough space to use a projector on my ceiling? If yes, should I go about positioning the projector? Incoming pics related, the bed space and ceiling.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
This won't work.
>>
>>51867342
K, why?
>>
File: image.jpg (754 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
754 KB, 1536x2048
>>51867338
>>
>>51867338
Why don't you have a proper bed?
Why are your windows not covered?
Why are you using Lubriderm?
What's with the piss-jug?
Why do you have a sign on your wall?
Pick up the lamp.

Report back after some basic maintenance
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1280x960
>>51867382
>>
>>51867338
that has to be more than 70" from floor to ceiling. Theres now way your ceiling is under 6 feet from the floor
>>
>>51867322
Why the fuck is that kid watching the game upside down? Who fucking does that shit?
>>
>>51867384
All these things aren't reasons why a projector wouldn't be plausible. At most they're just quality things that are for the most part irrelevant to my question.

But if you must know, I took the frame out from under my bed to keep my cats from letting under it

I don't have blinds obviously

Because I don't medicate my exema

I see a water gallon just and cider vinegar, also still cleaning the room and washing the sheets btw.

Why do you NOT have a sign on your wall?

And the lamp is busted, I just threw it away.
>>
>>51867414
Oops, yeah you're right, miss measurement in my
Part. It's actually more close to 84in.
>>
>>51867322
Correction, from floor to ceiling it's closer to 84in (213cm).
>>
>>51867426
Omg you're right >___>"
>>
>>51867426
chinks, duh
>>
>>51867338
your best bet would probably be to mount the projector on the wall behind your computer. it would be a bitch to get the right angle and not all projectors will be able to skew the image properly

you might be able to mount it on a tripod or something but you would need a projector capable of a very short throw distance

seems unlikely OP, good luck
>>
>>51867338
Dude, nice fucking Panty and Stocking wall scroll.
An ex-friend of mine had that same one.
>>
>>51869675
This is exactly it.

You'll want a short throw projector. It's the only way you'll be able to ensure the proper skew.

Epson makes some decent ones that aren't too expensive.
>>
>>51867338
I can't be the only one who sees OP naked in the windows
>>
>>51870233
>>
>>51870233
Wew
>>
>>51867322
The ceiling will be much too close to your face for projector use. Your place doesn't look like quite the high-ceiling'd palace in that regard. If you truly had to try this, you might end up with a bedside laptop table overhanging your bed closely, way too much equipment in an area that's far from the wall, and projector noise (which is also shitty).
>>
>>51870709
>>51870098
>>51869675
Womp womp. I'll look into it a bit more and see if I can find a nice priced projector for the amount of space I have, but I think you guys nailed it, this might be a lost cause D:
>>
>>51870288
>>51870339
2spooky4me
>>
>>51870098
If she can deal with the quality loss, she could probably use a mirror to adjust the throw. It might get warm quickly, though.
>>
>>51867322

you could try one of those tiny pico ones. If it doesnb't work, then you have a tiny projector for ad hoc use.
>>
>>51867384
Holy fuck autismo the wonder child wtf
>>
this is a bunch of hooey.

you will certainly be able to get focus at 80" from any half ass PJ. The amount of ceiling covered, will depend on the lens. The location of the picture well depend on the level of keystone available on the PJ.

For best effect youd mount at foot of bed, while also laying with you head at foot of bed.
>>
>>51867322
>guy is watching upside down
>>
>>51871833
right
>>
>>51867338
put some fucking clothes on and buy some god damn sheets for your cum-stained bed
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.