[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>http://arstechnica.com/tech-polic y/2015/12/faa-laun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: microdrones.jpg (27 KB, 640x327) Image search: [Google]
microdrones.jpg
27 KB, 640x327
>>http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/faa-launches-drone-registration-website-gives-owners-february-deadline/
$5 fee on a 250+gr drone, ok...
>>http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/faqs/
>Q. If I don't have a scale and my drone doesn't appear on the list is there another method to tell how much it weighs?
>A. Two sticks of butter weigh 0.5lbs.
hahahaha wow, america!
>>
>land of the free
>>
>>51863783
I want to build a 200 gr drone just to piss them off
>>
Isn't the problem the cameras, and the cameras still not regulated by that so fuck it
>>
>>51865151
it's not just cameras, the things are a nuisance and idiots keep buzzing peoples houses and shit with them
>>
>>51864963
They literally won't care if you build a 200 gram drone. It's outside their laws, and it's the fucking FAA, so I'm sure they've ran the numbers to see what will generally cause aviation to be kill.

With the FAA, they either over regulate, or just be like 'lol what problem'

Look at installing electronics into a plane, it's fucking insane. Mechanic was telling me they will also no longer overlook non-certified shit on a different circuit.
-----------------
>>51863783
>>Q. If I don't have a scale and my drone doesn't appear on the list is there another method to tell how much it weighs?
>>A. Two sticks of butter weigh 0.5lbs.

You can't hold something in two hands and tell which one is heavier? I've gotten down to where I can tell the difference between three grains (not grams, GRAINS)

You can't rig a balance scale up in your house in 15 minutes?

I mean, I know this is /g/ and all, but c'mon man. Don't be a retard.
>>
How do you even define "drone"?
>>
>>51865182>>51865169
I thought that the big deal was with the cameras since if there is a flying thing close enough to be annoying I can probably take it down with an airgun, a rock or a stick. So at least as I see it camera-less drones aren't a big deal
>>
>>51863783
>>Q. If I don't have a scale and my drone doesn't appear on the list is there another method to tell how much it weighs?
>walk to the nearest post office
>weigh it

I know ameriblubbers find any form or physical work other than driving a car "literally communism" but come on.
>>
>>51865458
>walk to the nearest post office

The nearest post office from me is a 30 minute drive. Per google maps, it's 23.5 miles away from me.
>>
File: luaghingzelda.jpg (13 KB, 190x287) Image search: [Google]
luaghingzelda.jpg
13 KB, 190x287
>>51865473
Post offices are literally communism in US of School Shootings aswell?
>>
>>51863783
>people are flying these within close range of aircraft
>get mad when regulations are put into place
>>
Sticks of butter is now an official unit of measurement.
>>
>>51865151

The problem is idiots flying them around planes.
>>
File: IMG_5227.jpg (1 MB, 2767x1845) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5227.jpg
1 MB, 2767x1845
ive got a drone. i am all for something as simple as this, honestly i would prefer it to be free but $5 isnt a big deal, especially if i can register my current rig for free.

i will be registering mine legit, even though i fly in south dakota in the middle of nowhere so literally no one would find out if i didnt
>>
>>51865422
I want the FAA to leave
>>
>>51866216
see >>51866228
>>
>>51863783
>February deadline to register your drones
Meh...
>$5 fee
Oh! So there's millions of dollars involved. Not surprised.

>two sticks of butter
OH COME ON!
>>
also, even miniquads you would be VERY lucky to get them down to 200g unless you are flying some husban x4 or whatever.

and if you build your own, you are already going to have a scale. at least you fucking should because if you dont know how much the thing weighs you will be doing a lot of guesswork trying to figure out any changes you would need to fine tune the prop sizes and other hardware
>>
>>51866228
>>51866245
dont you have a dji quad to crash on someones head instead of acting like a tool on /g/?
>>
Q: Does it cost anything to register?

A: Federal law requires owners to pay $5 to register their aircraft. However, registration is free for the first 30 days to encourage speedy registration of UAS. During the first 30 days, you must pay $5 with a credit card and a $5 credit will appear shortly afterwards.

>Q. Why do I need to pay to register?

>A. The fee will go to pay for the costs of creating the streamlined web-based registry system, and to maintain and improve this system. The FAA is legally required to charge a registration fee.

>Q. The website said registration is free. Why am I being charged $5?

>A. The credit card transaction helps authenticate the user. You will see a credit for the $5 shortly after the charge appears.

What the fuck?

>>51866278
aint u got a dick 2 suck instead of advocating government oversight on every little thing imaginable on /g/?
>>
>>51863783
About time they start getting involved in drones
>>
>>51864103
This.
>>51863783
The Murican government just found a way how to get $5 from thousands.
>>
>Q. Who can see the data that I can enter?

>A. The FAA will be able to see the data that you enter. The FAA is using a contractor to maintain the website and database, and that contractor also will be able to see the data that you enter. Like the FAA, the contractor is required to comply with strict legal requirements to protect the confidentiality of the personal data you provide. Under certain circumstances, law enforcement officers might also be able to see the data.

I give them 6 months before its breached and everything is stolen.
>>
>>51866297
unless you actually own a craft you can fuck off kid. something as simple as this is needed to keep retards from doing stupid shit. while it obviously wont stop everyone, it will at least make handing out punishments for being dumb easier.

you are trying too hard to fit in here, and i wont play along
>>
>poor fags on /g/ literally getting their panties in a twist because they have to spend $5 on their drone which is likely several hundred.
>>
>>51866342
>kid

You're trying really hard m8. Calm down before you bust an artery gramps.

>trying to hard to fit in

Wow, that's a new one. Keep it up. This is some fresh shit.

>handling punishments easier

You have no proof one way or the other. Stop pulling shit out of your ass.

>>51866363
>I love giving people money to collect my information and make me carry around even more identifying information.
>>
>live in britbongistan
>dont have to register this
>>
File: _86896791_oscar-and-mum-amy.jpg (46 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_86896791_oscar-and-mum-amy.jpg
46 KB, 660x371
Ever since this pic's incident happened i've really changed my mind about drones.

I know accidents happen, and it could've been anything else, but fuck, those things need to be regulated so not every fuckstain has one, so we don't have many more of cases like this.
>>
>>51866384
>buy drone knowing he had to register it
>WHY ARE THEY GIVING MIRE MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION

Literally kill yourself you rotten child.
>>
>>51866228
LOL. They regulate RC planes too ya know, right?

The problem with drones is retards where causing issues with planes before the FAA could get the wheels spinning on regulation ideas, and the whole 'can be used for commercial usage' which generally means FAA rape train.

This is literally why you're not getting the nice RC airplane regulations. Because people where retarded. https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

Want to get mad at someone? Get mad at the retards with drones.
>>
>>51866384
>literally responding sentence by sentence

don't you have a better use of your time. like i said, unless you actually own a craft you have no say in any of this. and what the fuck do you even mean, proof? right now the only way to hand out punishments is either waiting for the pilot to come try and claim it, or following it back and finding out where it lands, now if you can identify the tag you can do something about it.

nothing foolproof but its a start, asking for proof makes no sense, proof of what?

dont bother responding unless you can prove that you actually are effected by this
>>
>>51866384

Literally 16 years old.
>>
>http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/

Oh my fucking god...

>>51866403
Tell me how regulation will help this where there are no requirements on who can and cant have one.

>>51866420
Bought it before this. I've had it for over 7 years. Why are you so mad, did your gf leave you for a drone?

>>51866435
I am mad at both.

>>51866453
I do. I own several. Proof of an effectual system.

God you're insufferable.
>>
>>51865456
you can still mount a bomb, incendiary device, microphone, wmd to it.

This is a great thing for people in the drone hobby. The worst thing hurt the hobby was retards getting in the news flying where they shouldnt and crashing into people they shouldnt be flying over. Now these retards will get busted for their negligence ever harder. This wont effect people who already do things right.
>>
I found out what the $5 charge is for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay7iKzN5Pxs
>>
>>51866384
Worse, the government is saying, if you did this activity in the past, you now MUST pay us.

That's a frightening precendent.

Sure, there's a free window, but if you miss it, IE, are out of the country, then you have to pay the gov money for something you did in the past that was free then.
Sure 5 dollars is nothing, but it's the precedent....
>>
Its this easy to mount a flame thrower on a drone, Im glad someone is stepping in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmD3rXUR1Tw
>>
>>51866497
Yea.

I'm shocked how many people on /g/ support bullshit like this.

I really wanna know what kind of person willingly gives away freedoms and is okay with setting retroactive laws so freely.
>>
>>51866497
i saw that too and it doesnt even make sense.

not really a big deal because it is basically completely unenforceable.
>>
>>51865151
The cameras are only a problem if you're completely ignorant of how they work.

To be able to make anything out you need to be so close that the buzzing is loud enough to drown out conversation. Anything further away and people become poorly defined clusters of pixels.
>>
>>51866394
You have to register your TV and pay an annual TV license shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>51866510
>MUH FREEDOMS!

that argument only works when you have something to back it up with. tell me, what freedom am i losing here? be specific.
>>
>>51866464
>Tell me how regulation will help this where there are no requirements on who can and cant have one.
I don't know, maybe the fact it won't be just a buy and play thing, the simple fact people need to do paperwork and what not might drive the more reckless away.

Maybe it won't at all, still, after reading about this one and a half year old kid getting his eye torn in half by a drone, it really made question my opinion on them.
>>
Great just what we needed more unenforceable regulations.
>>
>>51866510
the freedom to fly a drone ?

maybe if people were more careful in the first place the FAA wouldn't need to come up with this registration stuff.

Blame your own community for not policing the bad apples because now the hammer has come down on all of you.
>>
>>51866464
Want to get assblasted?

Then blame the retards. It's not my fault that drones are getting regulated. I fly mine using RC plane regulations.

Fuck man, i'm not the retard that caused a Jetblue flight to encounter one during landing.

i'm not the retard that caused a GA beechcraft to encounter one at 10k

Go look up the amount of air misses filed.

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=83445
>>
>>51866527
im tv licence exempt
>>
>>51866216
The current registration doesn't bother me. But once you register they know you have a drone and when requirements expand to include model/use or whatever you'll have to update.

Not going to register until i get a warning from someone
>>
>>51866527
TV license pays for our fantastic free television and impartial news network. No one in Britain has any problem with it whatsoever.
>>
>>51866514
Like the other anon said, its the precedent that is worrying.

>>51866530
Right to privacy. You have a right to purchase and use devices free of government intervention.

>>51866544
There are much more effective ways of tackling problems like that. Which is why I think the example is ridiculous.

>>51866561
>>51866565
See above comment.
And I already hate other UAS users.

>>51866582
p much this
>>
>>51866527
Not him and not a britbong but you can just tell them "Actually, I've got a TV but I don't actually watch live TV so could you fuck off please?" and they're obliged to fuck off.
>>51865456
Again, if you're close enough for the camera to be an issue then a simple jump or a grab will do the trick in most cases. If not, you could try throwing your sock at it, that should do the trick.
>>
File: GOPR0039.MP4.Still002.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GOPR0039.MP4.Still002.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>51865151
this was taken at 400ft, what kind of shit would anyone be able to make out from this? and no, i cant spy on someones daughter sunbathing with an image like that
>>
>>51866595

Do you support gun control of any kind?
>>
>>51866550
You can say that about anything.
In california you have to have a spark arrestor on your chimney. No one drives around and enforces it, but if a fire happens, insurance will not cover you for not being to code.

No one will bust down your door and check your rc multirotors registration. But if you fly over the rose parade and your drone crashes into a crowd of people, you better hope it has a tag.
>>
>>51866530
The ability to not be charged money for something you did in the past, that was perfectly free then.

It's an ex post facto fee, essentially.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto_law

Sure, it's 5 dollars now, but the precedent that it's doable is there.
>>
>>51866595
>right to privacy

prove it. provide evidence how this has anything to do with the right to privacy.
>>
>>51866611
A farms current crops.
>Hire someone to see what farm is growing.
>Undercut them at the market with that specific thing
>Drive local farms out.
>>
>>51866595
>Right to privacy. You have a right to purchase and use devices free of government intervention.
says who ?
Do you have a right to use a car without a license or insurance ?
operating a drone is privilege, not a right.
>>
File: o-OSCAR-WEBB-570.jpg (93 KB, 570x891) Image search: [Google]
o-OSCAR-WEBB-570.jpg
93 KB, 570x891
>>51866595
>There are much more effective ways of tackling problems like that. Which is why I think the example is ridiculous.
What ways though? I genuinely don't give a fuck about the 5 bux, I just assume the fact you need to do something other than just buy and fly the thing will maybe drive stupid people away.

It wasn't a rethorical question, genuinely curious on what you think would solve the issue.

Pic somewhat related, another shot of the poor kid who lost his eye cause his neighbor lost control of a drone.
>>
>>51866629
but there is no way to tell the difference in a drone you had last year and a drone you built next year with similar parts.

ie, you are a retard
>>
>>51866629
No, it's not an ex post facto law.

That would be jailing people for flying their drones in the past, after this law passes.

They're not doing that you autist.
>>
>>51866629
that claus is not saying if you flew before and now dont you have to pay.

it is saying that if you own a craft and already are flying it then you need to register. if you dont own one you need to register before you fly

its pretty simple
>>
>>51866524
I have no problem making out corn plants at 500ft

At that altitude quad or plane is inaudible+invisible
>>
>>51866619
Only things I believe to have any amount of positive effect.

>>51866635
You're forced to give up personal information like your email address. Where it's stored in a non-government database. Which I guarantee will be hacked in the next 6 months.

>>51866663
Bullshit. You and others have decided that. And I disagree.

>>51866675
Enforcing drone free areas using scramblers on the frequencies they operate on.
>>
>>51866662
that is not even close to an actual real world example. i appreciate the attempt though
>>
>>51866524
Because reading lips is impossible, right?
>>
>>51866688
I was exaggerating quite a bit, I'll admit but to be able to actually make out a person in any meaningful way you'd need to be very, very close.
>>
>>51866689
>You're forced to give up personal information like your email address

I laughed at this.
You sir, win the retard of the year award.
>>
>>51866611
using a gopro as a metric for image quality
>>
>>51866712
Nice damage control faggot
>>
>>51866689
>the only thing i can complain about is how its going to be hacked in 6 months!

1/10 for trying
>>
>>51866678
Did you even read the fucking post?

>>51866676
>>51866682
I was under the impression that if you had used a drone in the past, you had to register it.

If it's you only have to register if you want to keep using it, that's fine.
>>
>>51866732
>ignoring all the other problems we're mentioning

are you even trying anon
>>
>>51866711
Still, at 400 ft you can see through your neighbors blinds a see him jacking off with a thermal camera
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-xt
>>
>>51866721
if you were to swing something like a NEX you are talking well above $5,000 for something like that. those types of builds are not very common and most of them are already registered to fly commercially
>>
>>51866623
I doubt enough people will know this is an actual thing, it's more than likely just going to be used to bust people flying small quadcopters at ~400ft and extort money from them. In your example the people that get fucked the most are just regular people that may not even know what a spark arrestor is much less whether they have one or not.
>>
>>51866741
Mainly referring to this line,
>Registration is legally required by February 19, 2016. The rule applies retroactively, so even someone who operated an unmanned aircraft prior to December 21 must register by the deadline.

>>51866676
>>51866682
>>
>>51866745
what problems? you literally are trying to say that giving up an email address is an invasion of privacy. you could have at least mentioned an address or something

at least post your build before you continue to try and start shit acting like such a fucking tool
>>
>>51866741
You dont have to register shit. But if you want to be 'legal' in public places you have to. No one can stop you from flying over your own property. Same with cars, you dont have to register a vehicle if you drive it on your property, thats how all farms work.
>>
>>51866747
>http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-xt
>640 × 512
You know, I highly doubt that. You'd be lucky if you could make it out from forty feet, never mind four hundred.
>>
>>51866766
lets be fair, while the wording is a little stupid it can easily be said this is applying to people who already own one and plan to continue to fly it.
>>
>>51866774
I didnt mention address because that is something that multiple government entities already have. I dont have a legal standing on that one.

>>51866780
Nope. It says even on private property it must be registered.
>>
>>51866611
>using a 1080p camera instead of a 4k camera
>not using a zoom lens
>>
>>51866689
>supports gun control

>Going full autist on freedoms.

Hypocritical asshole detected. You're only upset because 'muh freedoms' finally affected you. Get the fuck out of here you hypocritical asshole.

>only on things that will have any amount of positive effect.

Good thing regulating drones WILL have any amount of positive effect!

After seeing all the airmisses that drone's have caused, and the near downing of a few commercial airplanes, I've been wanting them banned in my state.

It'll keep Commercial aviation and general aviation safer.
>>
>>51866780
Actually, that's false.

Straight from the FAQ,
Q. If I'm just flying it for fun in my yard, do I have to register it?

A. Yes, if the UAS weight is within the stated weights for registration.

>>51866789
Yea, you're right.
I'm looking at it more, and you don't have to register if you only fly indoors.
I assume that then extends to not needing to register if you aren't even using it indoors, and just storing it indoors.

That's fine then, it's not an ex post facto fine, which would be very dangerous.
>>
>>51866689
>Bullshit. You and others have decided that. And I disagree.
again, you are confusing rights with privileges.
>>51866780
While I agree with what you are saying, at which height is it no longer your property ?
what if planes are trying to fight a fire and you decide to go straight up from your property, but inadvertantly get in the way of the plane.
>>
>>51866798
oh, so all you have to go off of it literally a fucking email address? you need to go back to the drawing board.

and im still waiting for you to post your build, a timestamp would nice because you seem like the type of person to lie to try and fit in here.

>>51866800
the gopro can do 4k but the lens and image quality is still not able to discern anything. i already said above if you are trying to swing anything worthwhile you are talking $5,000 and above, which isnt very common
>>
>>51866825
You can tell the planes to not fly over your property, and infact sue them for operating a commercial aircraft under faa airspace.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>51865422
>I can tell the difference between three grains (not grams, GRAINS)
>>
>>51866837
Do you give away freedoms so easily? I dont think you're capable of being helped.

>>51866825
No I'm not. You have decided that. And like I said, I disagree. This is a right.

I think the idea that buying and operating something yourself is a privilege is absolute bullshit. I've never agreed with it.

>>51866864
Never works. Wish it did.
>>
>>51866689
Banning drones, permanently, would have a positive effect.

IF IT SAVES ONE LIFE!!!!!!

>He was the fourth pilot approaching LAX to report a dangerous encounter with a small drone in a dozen days.

>A United Airlines pilot reported Aug. 4 that a pizza-sized quadcopter drone passed just under his airliner

>Four days later, a WestJet Airlines pilot saw a black robotic copter with red-and-white flashing lights at 1,300 feet

>The same day, a pilot flying toward LAX just east of downtown was startled by a drone estimated to be 3 feet long.

>On July 28, the pilot of a helicopter in Riverside reported having to suddenly change the aircraft's flight to avoid a white drone with a single wing flying at 1,500 feet.

>Three weeks earlier, a plane with a student pilot and instructor flying over Palo Alto was forced to bank right by 35 degrees to avoid a single-rotor drone that appeared to be carrying something,

>Another pilot flying a small twin-engined Cessna on April 22 from Van Nuys to the Bay Area city of Hayward saw a drone pass 3 or 4 feet off his wing. The pilot said the drone was then joined by a second one.

>Robert Franklin was piloting a six-seater Cessna from Livermore to Chino on April 27 when he heard a loud thump and felt a jolt. When he landed he found two 3-inch-long gouges in the plane's nose.

>Nationwide, the FAA has received nearly 1,000 reports of near misses or other incidents involving drones since April 2014, Feinstein's analysis found.
>>
>>51866837
>the gopro can do 4k but the lens and image quality is still not able to discern anything.
With a quick Google I found a bunch of DIY ways to attach zoom lenses to a gopro.
Some of them are DSLR lenses which would be too heavy but there are some compact options.
>>
>>51866897
you have the freedom to make any email account you want and use it

post your build
>>
If I were a drone shop, I'd be having a "5 dollar off free registration sale!" right now.
>>
>>51863783
>Two sticks of butter weigh 0.5lbs.

lmao fucking fat americans keeping 2 sticks of butter around at all times
>>
>>51866887
I take it you don't reload your own ammo. You can feel a difference between 55 and 50 grain projectiles. Shit's lulzy and sad when you do it that much.

Also, I disagree with the whole licensing thing, but as a shooter, it makes me lol because it can be a whole heck of a lot worse.

>>51866923
This man knows how to make an ad campaign
>>
>>51866905
yeah ive seen those.

honestly i didnt mention them because a gimbal is support the difference in weight is going to be a real pain in the ass, and then you have no real image stabilization so its going to be terrible video.

in the real world its really not much of a worry
>>
>>51866926
>not knowing your weight in butter sticks
>>
>>51866954
Hmm, you could always take photos.
>>
File: IMG_0965.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0965.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>51866916
Fuck you. I'm not jumping through hoops for an authoritarian cunt like you. I'll post one thing though. Closest thing I had around.
>>
>>51866975
judging by how you talk i doubt you even live in america, which means you really are just a tool trying to fit in here
>>
>>51866975
>moot's quality rotation exif parser on display again
>>
>>51866988
What makes you say this? I'm genuinely interested now.
>>
>>51866898
Those are interesting cases because those drones are breaking other laws, most notably height and proximity to airports. This is much like banning laser pointers because kids shine them at airplanes.
>>
>>51866973
yeah its a possibility, but you still wouldnt expect much out of it
>>
>>51867010
just the way you talk makes it pretty obvious. i bet you are the same person who tries posting the 'land of free' and other country bait bullshit. its not working, and your brilliant email privacy argument has already been shut down
>>
>>51866898

>Feinstein

Why am I not surprised
>>
>>51867026
That was done though.
Not the "kid toy" laser pointers. (Aka, drones under 250 grams), but yeah, laser pointers above a certain power were regulated.
>>
This policy is racist. Requiring registration for drone flying unjustly impacts undocumented workers who will not have the documents to register, the majority of which are of hispanic or latino descent.
>>
Is there anything that stops me from strapping a gun to my drone, and taking it to the gun range and firing at targets?
>>
>>51867010
Not him but you can often tell where a person is from by their sentence structure.

Americans like to post long, rambling sentences and often use the word and several times a sentence and overuse commas and generally speaking make reading as painful as possible.

I've spent quite some time in Ireland. It's quite fun to panic Irish anons by pointing out where they're from.
>>
>>51867057
I know, I'm not going to lie, I laughed my ass off seeing Feinstein was behind this.

>>51867026
>Those are interesting cases because those drones are breaking other laws, most notably height and proximity to airports. This is much like banning laser pointers because kids shine them at airplanes.

This is why the fucking hypocrisy makes me laugh my ass off.

Just like school shooters are breaking many, many state, local, and federal laws.

I'm just here to laugh and point at the retards.
>>
File: 250.jpg (600 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
600 KB, 3264x1836
I actually want to put a cute little sticker on this.
Most stickers these days cost $5 anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0966 copy.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0966 copy.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>51867054
>>51867093
I live in the US m8.

Have all my life.
>>
>>51867127
>1995
nevermind then, it all makes sense now
>>
>>51867093
Yup, that pretty much describes how I speak, although there isn't too much room for many commans, in this sentence, and I don't really have a good place to put a bunch of ands, but yeah, that more or less describes my typing habits.
>>
>>51867093
That is complete and utter nonsensical bullshit. It is impossible to tell where a poster is from by "analyzing" the contents of their post. Americans type the same as any other nationality. There is no significant difference between their posting styles and the posting styles of people from other couintries. In fact, there is probably a greater difference in posting styles between one American and another American than there is between Americans and people who are not American. You simply can't tell what country a poster is from by looking at their posting style, end of story.
>>
>>51867138
>enjoying freedom has to do with age

Keep telling yourself that McCarthy
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (74 KB, 598x878) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
74 KB, 598x878
>>51866951
>>
>>51867160
You're American, aren't you?
>>
>>51867127
>1995
Underage, pls go
>>
>>51867091
>Is there anything that stops me from strapping a gun to my drone, and taking it to the gun range and firing at targets?

Yes, no, kinda.

You *can* do that, until the ATF gets mad and ass rapes you in jail.

Per old BATFE (they should be a store, not a government agency) their old logic was 'no electronic triggers because it makes the gun a machine gun'.

That's an instant felony, 10 years federal prison, up to a 10k fine. You can't make a new production machine gun without paying ~12k in various licensing fees.

The original ban was due to paintball cheater boards and whatnot. Even using electronics to 'simulate' full auto is illegal.

BUT, then remington came out with an electronic bolt action rifle. That's kosher because it's a bolt rifle and can't be used as a machinegun.

BUT NOW, tracking point (the electronic shooting system) is offered on semi auto rifles. So, I have no clue about their legality, or if they wrote the BATFE for an exemption.

So, basically, bolt action should be legal, dunno about anything else.
>>
>>51867181
Can you count m8?
>>
>>51867163
no, but you literally trying to act tough and talk about freedom when you still live with your parents is just cute. you dont live in the real world, and now i know why you got so upset when i called you a kid in the first place. its because i was right
>>
>>51867181
People born in 1995 aren't underage anymore.
Isn't that scary?
Only three more years, and 2000ers will be legal to post.
>>
>>51867192
>proven wrong multiple times

>I'm write cause I'm old and like to pass off my own ignorance by feeling better about myself because I aint dead yet
>>
Should have used the bigmac system. All americans know it.
>>
>>51867172
Yes, but considering that the majority of users on 4chan, not to mention /g/, and in fact most of the entire english speaking internet (barring regional sites like BBC) are from America, your guess is not really saying much. You could just say any poster is from America, and you'd be right with probably a greater than 90% probability. But, you wouldn't be right because of your bullshit about "analyzing their posting style", but just because the laws of probability were working out in your favor in this case.
>>
>>51867195
Been that way for 2 years m8

>>51867215
I was honestly confused for a minute. Considering I havent cooked anything in 17 years
>>
>>51867184
So wait, what if I've already got a machine gun?
It is possible to get a machine gun license, right?
>>
>>51867093
How do other nationalities type?
>>
File: onlythedead1.jpg (41 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
onlythedead1.jpg
41 KB, 500x490
>>51867195
>>
Im fucked

just weighed the drone i got from 7-11

literally 4 butter sticks
>>
>>51867223
Ignore these shitposters.

They're wasting your time.
>>
>>51867209
proven wrong by what? this whole time you were saying using an email address was a breach of your privacy.

that is your argument, and it takes literally 5 seconds to prove it wrong
>>
>>51867234
Shit I'm getting old.
We should start a bingo thread.
>>
>>51867160
>You simply can't tell what country a poster is from by looking at their posting style, end of story.
It's not an exact science but it certainly does work. International anticrime agencies use this technique to great effect. I'm just a layman so my example is a gross oversimplification. If I actually took the time to study it I could probably increase my accuracy.

It's mostly cultural, you're immersed in a certain way of using the language so that's how you use the language.
>>51867127
I wasn't making a comment on you specifically, just a sweeping generalisation. I saw nothing to indicate that you aren't a yankee doodle but then again your post was a bit too short to get a good feel.
>>
>>51867195
>>51867191

If you can't buy beer, you're still underage, kiddo
>>
>>51867262
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: IMG_20151215_103937.jpg (2 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_103937.jpg
2 MB, 2368x3200
>>51867127
Why are American hands so disgusting?
Australian master race reporting in.
>>
>>51867262
They can buy beer pretty soon too.
15 more days or so.
>>
>>51867288
>having so much estrogen you dont even have hair on your hands

U got a vagina m8?
>>
>>51867298
I've got your moms vagina, m8.
>>
>>51867315
oh u cheeky cunt u :^)
>>
>>51867298
>muh /g/ boys club no girls aloud

fuck off
>>
>>51867239
Again, this is just very general as I'm not actually educated in the field but it is a field and you can get an education in it. British people have a tendency to keep their sentences shorter and more to the point. This also has the side effect that their posts are often made up of a thousand bite sized sentences. Irish people are not too unlike the British but there are some very specific word patterns that you can learn to pick out, as I have by spending sixteen years on that god forsaken island. Non English speakers very often have quirks of their sentence structure but this can be very nuanced and you need to be very, very good to pick out specific countries unless they make blatant mistakes.
>>
>>51867332
Wasnt about that. It was a comment about his lack of testosterone.

Women are welcome. Especially because they piss off the "old guard" of /g/
>>
>sit outside elementary school for science day
>see kid trying to throw large paper airplane
>call the cops
>get the kid busted for flying unregistered aircraft
>hes too young
>school gets raped by faa
>school has to close
>kid never learns how to count
>kid ends up posting on /g/ for the rest of his life
>>
>>51865425
Something not piloted by a person.
These are quadricopters regardless of what idiots call them
>>
>>51867393
I dont appreciate people posting my life story all willy-nilly like that anon. Pls delete.
>>
File: IMG_20151215_105016.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_105016.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
>>51867298
I've got enough hair on my legs mate, don't really want gorilla hands.
>>
People who fly drones are always irresponsible smug faggots, I hope they get banned.
>>
>>51867428
thanks for the new fap material m8 :^)
>>
File: duck_hunting.png (590 KB, 1042x519) Image search: [Google]
duck_hunting.png
590 KB, 1042x519
this guy is ready
>>
>>51867454
No problem, let me know if you want the other leg :^)
>>
>>51867393
>go to chineses wedding
>sit through the whole thing
>when they start releasing all the paper lanterns call the cops
>newlyweds get busted for flying 200 unregistered aircraft
>they go to rape prison
>they both have new men in their life
>>
>>51867456
Honestly, I think this is the proper way to regulate it.

Unregulated and if its on someone else's airspace, its at their mercy.
>>
>>51867495
oh i don't disagree. the owner in this case was a nutjob
>>
File: PTR91-Wood-1[1].jpg (1 MB, 1451x732) Image search: [Google]
PTR91-Wood-1[1].jpg
1 MB, 1451x732
/k/ here to remind you confiscation is always the first step toward confiscation.
Only the big boys will be allowed this technology in the end, that an the occasional neutered children's toy.
>>
>>51867495
Guns are illegal
>>
>go to magic show
>the show sucks, want to leave
>suddenly the magician pulls 6 white doves out of his ass and they fly over the audience
>audience cheers
>cheering makes it hard to call the cops
>cops show up and check the magicians ass for unregistered aircraft
>have to clarify they were pulled from his ass already and flew away
>magician goes to rape town for flying 6 unregistered aircraft
>gets black doves pulled out of his ass every night
>>
>>51867560
>confiscation is always the first step toward confiscation
Thanks, didn't know that.
>>
>>51867582
This. I always thought it was the last step, thanks for the correction.
>>
>>51867560
if confiscation is the first step towards confiscation, whats the 2nd step?
>>
>>51866675
Personally, I believe the design of the drone is partially at fault. A long time ago, some propeller toys had a ring on the periphery of the propeller to make it more difficult to make contact with the outermost part and leading edge of the blade. Perhaps this could have prevented the loss of the kids eye.
>>
>>51867607
on the other hand, how many eyes have been shot out with bb guns and there is no registration with those
>>
>>51867236
>So wait, what if I've already got a machine gun?
>It is possible to get a machine gun license, right?

Yes/no/it depends.

You're either sitting on a free meal for 10 years inna jail, or anywhere from $12-180k

Uh, what sort of machine gat is it? What's it's history?

There's no machine gun license. It's a tax stamp of $200, and all legal machine guns had to have been made and registered prior to March?? 1986.

If your machine gat has never been papered, it's going to be illegal. You *might* be able to surrender it to a museum. but you can also take off all the parts, cut the receiver into pieces, and have a parts kit to build a legal semi auto gun.

There is a way that records can be found, and it's been done before, but it would have to have been papered at some point in it's life, or you can find the stamp in your grandpa's paperwork, and you're going to need a lawyer.

But, that's only honestly worth it if it's something nicer then a 5k Mac 10.

A 45k Thompson? Now we're getting somewhere.

A Mat 49 found in vietnam? A mp40 found in germany? An m60? Now we're talking some cash.
>>
>>51867332
Oh fuck off troll, look at it's legs.

That ain't no woman. That's a man with low test and hairless hands.
>>
>>51867635
Depends on there state. There definitely is.

You have to be over 18 here.
>>
File: IMG_20151214_160750.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_160750.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
>>51867428
You call that hair, faggot? Watch this
>>
>>51867703
Added to the collection. Thanks.

Any more anons have sexy leg pics for me?
>>
Its getting weird
>>
>>51867160
Spelling is a bit of a clue.
>>
>>51867703
You must save a lot of money on soap. Just buying shampoo because everything lathers.
>>
On another note.

Any of you own >pic related?

https://www.bitcraze.io/crazyflie-2/

Just bought one, wondering what I should do with it.
>>
File: 1440701998580.jpg (55 KB, 1000x547) Image search: [Google]
1440701998580.jpg
55 KB, 1000x547
I wanna buy a drone. What's the best drone?
>>
>>51867801
the one you have with you
>>
>>51867793
useless toy, compareable to an expensive watch or a mechanical keyboard
>>
>>51867635
I don't know. What I'm getting at is regardless of registration, if the propeller was designed a little differently, perhaps the child would not have lost the eye. Maybe some recoverable damage, but having it sliced open would be rather unlikely.
>>
>>51867865
>implying I dont already have a MK or give a shit about watches.

I'm an ECE student M8. Shit is worth it as practice for my major.

Not to mention, this whole thread is about useless toys.

not to mention

>implying a watch is more useful than a modular drone
>>
>>51867869
Thats like saying, maybe we should have laws that say you have to drive on your side of the road, that way head-on collisions will never happen.

shit happens.
>>
>>51867869
This. Blame the shit design. Registration would not have saved that kids eye.
>>
>>51867895
Umm... No. Indeed shit does happen, I agree. However you seem to have missed the part about "regardless of regulation". I was talking about the design of the propeller, not laws regarding drone flight. Your analogy is somewhat off.
>>
>>51867869
the propeller itself has nothing to do with that, you are thinking of a prop guard, and most people dont bother with then because of the added weight
>>
>>51867865
Lol, how is a keyboard, watch, or drone useless? Those are all pretty useful things, anon.
>>
>>51868005
If that's the correct term for it, then yes. That's what I was thinking of. The images I found on Google Show à separate piece. What i was thinking of were those old propeller toys that had the prop and guard fused. It spins with the propeller.
>>
>>51868152
oh, yeah i know what you mean about them fused together
>>
>LIBERAAAAALS
Congress mandated this, actually. FAA kinda wanted to leave it alone alongside model aircraft, etc.
>>
>>51868224
I'm liberal and I hate this.
>>
>>51868220
Cool. It's not a perfect design and would indeed be heavier than a similarly performing prop without the guard. In the case of that kid, the guard could have minimized (not eliminate) the damage.
>>
>>51864103
>the land o'lakes of the free
>>
>>51866898
Why don't they just require manned aircraft to have sensors on board, such as radar, to detect flying objects, including those that can't be regulated, like birds, and avoid collisions?

The sky will just get more and more crowded. I'm waiting to see the first jetpacker - plane collision happening. According to current traffic laws, it's like a car running a biker over.
>>
>>51868451
Drones are small enough that most radar systems will filter them out. And radar systems don't offer full spherical coverage around a plane. The only technology I know of that does that is electro-optical tracking via distributed camera system. And that's only on the latest fighter aircraft.

Drones are usually more manuverable than a manned aircraft, so if someone really wants to be an asshole and ram one into a low-flying aircraft, that's going to be very hard for a pilot to stop.
>>
>>51868451
>Why don't they just require manned aircraft to have sensors on board, such as radar, to detect flying objects, including those that can't be regulated, like birds, and avoid collisions?

Just sit and think about it for a minute. Jet going 135-165 knots on landing. Jet going Mach .85 in cruise.

Birds are squishy and explode. Drones don't. We test against that. Jet engines and windshields are rated against bird strikes.

>TAKE EVASIVE ACTIONS.
Yeah, aside from commercial aviation not being able to maneuver like a cessna, the fact that tossing around your pax isn't the best thing to do both from a legal and a customer service angle.

>>51868451
>I'm waiting to see the first jetpacker - plane collision happening. According to current traffic laws, it's like a car running a biker over.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it brings the 737 or 747 down. Would probably kill the pilots if it was a window strike at speed.

Also, we already have the sensors.

It's called the FAA and their ground stations, and the fact that pilots *usually* follow the rules. Commercial does, GA knows to stay away from the big birds.

Drone pilots, as the past few years have shown us, don't.
>>
Does losing a drone cost these faggots more or less if its registered?

Will there be any paperwork required after a drone is lost?

SWIM likes to take the old 870 out every once in a while and pop these fagocopters out of the sky, he'd have to make it a weekly thing if these new regulations will result in significantly more butthurt when losing a drone.
>>
>>51868691
>Does losing a drone cost these faggots more or less if its registered?

Not really, no.

>SWIM likes to take the old 870 out every once in a while and pop these fagocopters out of the sky, he'd have to make it a weekly thing if these new regulations will result in significantly more butthurt when losing a drone.

You're going to have a fun, fun fun fucking time explaining shooting down aircraft to the FAA.

So help you god if it's a commercial drone. You're so fucked.
>>
>>51868641
I was mostly not being serious, but that was a nice answer.

Only thing that I was actually serious about is that we will have to accommodate for "pedestrians" in the sky some time in the next 20 years. And larger airplanes will have to avoid them, not the other way round. You can fence of areas, like it done with highways and railroads, but you can't expect them to see planes coming at them and being able to dodge them.
>>
>>51868738
>some obnoxious faggot's 200$ perv-copter
>an aircraft

Pick one.
>>
>>51866598
late reply but, I think you're seriously underestimating the quality of camera that can be mounted to one of those things. since they have to be able to survive a shock/bad landing they gotta be kinda durable, and I'd think rather than doing something that's durable but shitty resolution is more expensive than just contracting out to gopro or somethin, besides the whole registration thing came about because of the exact scenario you describe, people taking them down over their property or spaces where privacy is reasonably expected and the drone owner getting all whiny about it and trying to sue/press charges. hobby drone pilots are generally shit and need to look to scale airplain/helicoptor pilots and rocket hobbyist for how to not act like a douch with your hobby
>>
>>51868903
Why is it that anyone with a fear of drone cameras comes across as a total idiot?

I'm not underestimating it, I use them as part of real estate photography. Yes, I'm exaggerating how close you have to be but someone using it to spy on you is NOT a legitimate concern by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>51868842
In the eyes of the law (and the faa) a drone is a full fledged aircraft.
The FAA has gone on record saying they'll prosecute similarily to shooting at manned craft.

Good luck with that m8, great b8. I'll pitch in $10 for a box of high brass turkey shot if you do it on go pro.

>>51868768
>Only thing that I was actually serious about is that we will have to accommodate for "pedestrians" in the sky some time in the next 20 years. And larger airplanes will have to avoid them, not the other way round. You can fence of areas, like it done with highways and railroads, but you can't expect them to see planes coming at them and being able to dodge them.

That's not how pedestrians work. That's not how boats work. That's not how airplanes work.

Drones are lower on the totem poll, they have no means of showing up for the controllers (until drones get mandated reflectors and sqwak codes, enjoy the anal pillaging that's killing general aviation).

>You can fence of areas, like it done with highways and railroads, but you can't expect them to see planes coming at them and being able to dodge them.

Yeah, we have that already. Drone operators don't know about levels and have shown they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>51868990
yes it is bruh, it's a very valid concern, and you saying oh well I wouldn't do that so no one would doesn't make it any less of a concern
>>
File: gettingpaidbytheload.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gettingpaidbytheload.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>51866565
Drone haven't caused any problems, just more crybaby pilots.

"Meanwhile, firefighters battling wildfire blazes in the western part of the country have been forced to ground their operations on several occasions for safety reasons when they spotted one or more unmanned aircraft in their immediate vicinity."

OMG their is a drone 1000 yards away from us, better cancel everything!

Fucking wankers.
>>
>>51866747
>Still, at 400 ft you can see through your neighbors blinds a see him jacking off with a thermal camera
Can't use a thermal camera to look through glass moron.
>>
>>51869078
>oh well I wouldn't do that
You fail to understand. It is TOTALLY IMPRACTICAL. It is not a matter of won't, it's a matter of can't. At the point where it's close enough to spy on you then it really is vulnerable to people throwing items of clothing at it. It is not a valid concern at all and with the pace of camera development it won't be for at least another decade.
>>
>>51869095
>Drone haven't caused any problems, just more crybaby pilots.
Just stop.
>>
>>51869125
bull fucking shit, the cameras on those things can easily film decent quality vid at a hundred feet away, and the issue isn't it's vulnerabilty if it's close enough to spy, but rather the drone owners culpability vs the person in a private setting having a right to privacy. there has to be a minimum allowed height except for at designated takeoff/landing zones, and violation of that minimum height should be prosecute able in the same manner as peeping. the issue is people getting them as low as you claim the absolutely have to be, and then trying to press charges when their drone is rightfully taken out
>>
>>51869095
see
>>51866898

You *really* don't understand aviation. That's okay. Keep being a british mouth breather instead of educating yourself.

I'll take "they had to file an airmiss for breaking minimum seperation" for 200, Alex.

>1k feet and a stationary target.

>4.27 seconds for a cessna
>3.3 seconds for a mooney
>1 second for a 737 at cruise

To spot a small drone, without fucking up and killing everyone, AFTER the drone pilot hasn't done shit to avoid a nearmiss?

Yeah, good luck with that.
>>
>>51869207
>bull fucking shit, the cameras on those things can easily film decent quality vid at a hundred feet away
There are three possibilities here. Either you have a very... yify view on what's decent, you have not seen the video these things produce or you have no idea how far one hundred feet is. Your constant spelling errors do not make you seem overly intelligent so I'm very much inclined to believe that it's a combination of all three with a good dash of stupid just to cement it all.
>>
>>51869263
oh yes, anyone who disagrees with you must of course be a complete imbecile.
convo finished bruh, you aint worth the time
>>
>>51869263
in five years cameras will be better than today, you are retarded if you arent thinking forward, and even denying the tech available today
>>
Why the hell are people flipping out about this?
For a reasonably big, potentially dangerous device. a fucking $5 registration is nothing.

It's like people are morally opposed to governments doing anything at all.
>>
>>51869291
So you can't refute any of those points, great.
>>51869294
Please show me one of these videos where this is actually possible.
>>51869301
I'm not opposed to the registration, I welcome it. I'm opposed to panicked idiots screaming about people spying on them when it's really not possible.
>>
>>51869301
If you have ever been to a drone forum, even on reddit, they have the belief that they are allowed to fly anywhere they want, to disagree with them is haraam.

It is really ignorant, and very dangerous. Even gun rights activists look good compared to dronefags.
>>
>>51869325
Current gen tech is facial recognition at over 300m.
aeryon-hdzoom30
BMCC is another good camera.

>>51869337
>Even gun rights activists look good compared to dronefags.

Hey now we've got retards as well, but we generally understand guns r dangerous. Drone fags don't always understand.
>>
>>51869301
>Why the hell are people flipping out about this?
>For a reasonably big, potentially dangerous device. a fucking $5 registration is nothing.
>It's like people are morally opposed to governments doing anything at all.

And in what exact way does registration make anything safer?

Give me the step by step.
>>
>>51869580
>aeryon-hdzoom30
Prohibitively expensive and obscenely difficult to get a hold of. Still not practical.
>BMCC
Not something you want on a drone any smaller than a passenger helicopter.
>>
>>51869597
>And in what exact way does registration make anything safer?
>Give me the step by step.

1. Drone fags require licensing and registration.
2. They have to take a 'don't be a tard' class.
3. Some tard acts like a tard. Brings down a plane. 140+ die
4. FAA number on drone pins it on someone. They go to jail. Person that sold the drone to them gets sued.
5. Feinstein and the usual suspects start clamoring for common sense drone control.
6. FAA implements airworthy inititatives that are expensive and hard to meet.
7. States think of the chilluns Usual suspects start screaming about 'if it saves one life'
8. Confiscation / banning.

We're at step 1/2 right now, because tards couldn't be tards.

It's okay.

>>51869682
Not a drone fag aside from a cheap toy. I figured you had ~15 lb payload.

Point still stands that there is the tech out there.

Now, I still lol because it's easier to just buy a DSLR, find a hill, and buy a nice lens for your stalking needs.
>>
>>51866524
>To be able to make anything out you need to be so close that the buzzing is loud enough to drown out conversation
>what are directional microphones?
granted, you'll need to be very precise to aim it but it is completely possible to implement one in a drone and use it to spy at long range.
>>
File: 001.png (61 KB, 873x735) Image search: [Google]
001.png
61 KB, 873x735
>>51869337
>even on reddit
I just checked Reddit about this for a laugh.
Holy shit, they're completely retarded.

>>51869597
>And in what exact way does registration make anything safer?
The FAA is going to wave around fines and shit for non-registration, and then maybe there'll be a decent media-covered court case about it. After that, most (~60%?) people are going to cough up the five bucks and slap a sticker on their shitty drones.

Then, whenever some dumbass loses a prop while buzzing a stadium they can get charged for it, deterring their dumbass friends from making the same mistake.
>>
>>51869721
I believe they're this retarded.

hypocrisy is hilarious with them.

Also, it's probally going to be like GA licensing where only 60% of pilots are licensed, but allthe planes are.
>>
>>51869717
The point wasn't that you wouldn't be able to hear the conversation, my point was that the drone would be close enough that anyone being spied on would be *acutely* aware of it. Like, casually bring the drone down by tossing (not throwing) light objects at it.
>>51869715
>Point still stands that there is the tech out there.
Point still stands that anyone opposed to drones because of "muh privacy" is an idiot.

Like I said, I'm all for regulating drones to keep the hobby flyers away from airports and below the legally mandated height but we do not need to give the general public another thing to be needlessly afraid of. I'm willing to bet there's a huge overlap between the anti drone crowd and the antivaccer crowd.
>>
>>51869785
>Point still stands that anyone opposed to drones because of "muh privacy" is an idiot.

Wait, you think I'm opposed to drones because muh privacy? LOLOLOL I agree with you. Lol.

>I'm willing to bet there's a huge overlap between the anti drone crowd and the antivaccer crowd.

Probably not. Women aren't known to fly drones in large numbers, unlike the anti vaxx movement.
>>
>>51869785
you're the tard bruh, a minimum allowable height that is prosecutable as peeping if violated is an absolute must
>>
>>51869815
>a minimum allowable height
Already exists.
>prosecutable as peeping
PANIC BECAUSE THE SCARY SPIES ARE COMING!!!!
Underinformed and overly afraid. Pathetic.
>>51869796
>Wait, you think I'm opposed to drones because muh privacy?
No, I'm just reiterating my core point lest the mouthbreathers think that drone spying is practical in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>51869815
it's the same as if you were sitting in a tree pointing a camera at someones' yard, except that you can't call the cops on a drone because even if their activity is deemed illegal, because drones aren't required to carry transponders so identifying the dronefag isn't possible in most cases, that's why they get brought down forcibly
>>
>>51869856
not spies, I could give a rats ass about government spying, it's more a matter of the nosy/annoying neighbor now has a new way to be nosy and annoy you
>>
File: army-drone.jpg (22 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
army-drone.jpg
22 KB, 500x356
>>51869856
>No, I'm just reiterating my core point lest the mouthbreathers think that drone spying is practical in any way, shape or form.

Wait, wat? Drone spying isn't practical?

You should tell the army this. They love dat shit.

Darpa has a fetish for tiny drones too.
>>
>>51869910
Reconnaissance is not the same as spying.
>>51869898
>it's more a matter of the nosy/annoying neighbor now has a new way to be nosy and annoy you
By seeing things he could have seen by looking out the window or walking past your house? Stop the press, it's a moral crisis!
>>
What's the difference between a "drone" and some RC helicopter? Aren't military "drones" million dollar aircraft designed specifically to carry out specialized missions? Is the FAA regulating hobbyist RC aircraft now?
>>
>>51869958
>he doesn't have a privacy hedge/fence
how's it feel not to be able to have a beer in the back yard without some chav staring at you. some people are actually private and like to be left the fuck alone
>>
>>51869984
Unmanned aircraft weighing less than 55 pounds and more than 0.55 pounds (250 grams) on takeoff, including everything that is on board or otherwise attached to the aircraft and operated outdoors in the national airspace system must register. These aircraft may register under the new web-based registration system.
>>
>>51869715
The current plan in total is:

1: Give the FAA a $5 tax on your toy because we said so.

And that's it.

How does giving the FAA $5 help?
>>
>>51869994
This is why my cousin shot down that drone.
>>
>>51869721
>Then, whenever some dumbass loses a prop while buzzing a stadium they can get charged for it, deterring their dumbass friends from making the same mistake.
How? Do you think some pilot having a near death experience because he saw something flying 5000 yards away from him is going to get a number off a drone that's 12 inches long?
>>
>>51868451
Because they have radar, dickhead, and they filter anything small out otherwise the computer would have tens of thousands of contacts to try and keep track of, and it would overheat and explode.

Birds get obliterated by planes while the planes don't give a shit. When a bird strike causes an engine to fail, it's not because the engine has been damaged, it's because so much bird went in the engine got fucking clogged.

Drones, however, are fucking carbon fibre and explosive li-po batteries. This CAN damage engines or go through windshields.

>>51868842
That is literally the law now, retard.
>>
>>51869682
>>51869715
Top Gear uses DLSRs mounted on normal looking drones for their filming needs.
This is not expensive and would very, very easily let you take good quality video at well over 100m, let alone feet.
>>
>>51870108
>Drones, however, are fucking carbon fibre and explosive li-po batteries. This CAN damage engines or go through windshields.
What tests have been performed to prove or disprove this?
>>
>>51870002
>Unmanned aircraft
>more than 0.55 pounds (250 grams) on takeoff
I have my doubts the law is this retardedly vague.

Otherwise i'll be calling them up tomorrow about the registration rules on my cardboard, jumbo-sized paper airplane.
>>
>>51870197
Q. Do I have to register a paper airplane, or a toy balloon or Frisbee?
A. No.
>>
>>51870170
The tests where people use their common sense, faggot.
>hurr what tests have been done to prove that azidoazide azide isn't safe for school lunchboxes
>>
>>51870170
Lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries are highly flammable and explosive, and have been extensively tested. Read a damn book.

Average birds weigh 0.4 to 4 oz. 0.55 pounds is 8.8 ounces more than double the weight of a bird. Carbon fiber is a strong but lightweight material, it doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to understand that strong materials striking objects at high speeds break shit.
>>
>>51870108
>Birds get obliterated by planes while the planes don't give a shit. When a bird strike causes an engine to fail, it's not because the engine has been damaged, it's because so much bird went in the engine got fucking clogged.

You aren't wrong but there are a couple of other things that can happen. Fan blades can break, causing catastrophic failure of the fan disc. Or there's a temperature surge that damages components beyond repair or starts a fire.
>>
>>51870212
It's cardboard, not paper, and weighs more than 250 grams.
Is it an unmanned aircraft?

>powered
What if i used one of those shitty little rubber band propeller things to extend the range?

Just saying, the laws cannot be this vague.
>>
>>51866898
Just ban drones near airports.
>>
>>51867703

ISIS pls go
>>
>>51863783
Good and if I see some faggot trying to use a drone to invade my privacy, down it goes.
>>
>>51870317
I don't think it counts as an aircraft if it isn't powered.

>250 grams
>rubber band power
Good luck with that
>>
>>51870071
>Do you think some pilot having a near death experience because he saw something flying 5000 yards away from him is going to get a number off a drone that's 12 inches long?
Huh? If they crash their drone into a stadium or whatever, the sticker is going to be right there.
This isn't going to help directly with the airborne near misses, but the registration process might discourage some of the morons.

>>51870317
It's not vague at all.
>>
>>51870325
They aren't allowed to fly within 5 miles of an airport. Read a book.
>>
>>51870317
An "unmanned aircraft system" includes the communication links and components that control the small unmanned aircraft along with all of the other elements needed to safely operate the drone. Paper airplanes, toy balloons, Frisbees, and similar items are not connected to such control system.
>>
>>51870265
I mean shit, they sell fucking specific flame-and-explosion proof bags to charge the batteries in. A decent sized drone is carrying essentially a small bomb at all times, wrapped in carbon fiber and possibly titanium.

>>51870295
Yeah but those are the exception cases, most of the time a modern jet engine won't really mind.
But i bet most of the time a 1.5kg drone would absolutely fuck a turbine up.
>>
>>51870357
extremely vauge, as an rc car that lauches off a ramp could be considered unmanned aircraft while it is in the air
>>
>>51870421
>an rc car that lauches off a ramp could be considered unmanned aircraft while it is in the air
Except it's not an aircraft?
>>
>>51870350
>>51870387
Cardboard airplane with a rubber band propeller to extend the range and a piece of string trailing off the end in order to turn it while in flight and provide feedback to the operator.

Give me my fucking registration sticker.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.