[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Building Failures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1410490011504.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>First computer build.
>Spend weeks researching what components you want, scavenging for every deal you can find.
>Order pieces as they come on sale to save every dollar.
>Build is finally ready and shipped.
>feels-good.jpg
>Check the pre-built section to see how you did.
>The same fucking thing you just spent weeks researching and buying can be customized for not only cheaper than what you spent but it comes with a better and better case.
>>
Guys please tell me your stories, I need to feel better about myself.
>>
Sweet blog post. Return your shit. Get a better job so 2k isn't a big deal.
>>
>>51861989

2.5 years ago

>buy hp g6 laptop for 600€
>one week later my mom shows me a shopping prospect: "hp g7 for 500€"

didnt want to give mine back because i already made it full with pirated gayms
>>
>>51861989
Prebuilts use garbage parts, and if a prebuilt came with a better case than what you bought, you bought one seriously shit case.
>>
>>51862469
>garbage parts
bruh all components are manufactured in the same few factories in taiwan. there's no such thing as a garbage part, you're just being a brand whore for individual components instead of the whole unit
>>
>>51861989
wtf, how?
>>
>>51862416
>buy hp g6 laptop for 600€
You already made the mistake of getting HP in the first place.
>>51861989
What are your specs?
>>
>>51862535
Not the other guy, but prebuilts more often than not come with cheap as hell PSUs not rated for the output they say they are.
But everything else inside the things are just as the same quality as any other computer component however.
Just beware of the shitty PSUs so you don't blow it out when upgrading due to that cheap 500W not being able to take 350W before exploding.
>>
>>51862755
>Just beware of the shitty PSUs so you don't blow it out when upgrading due to that cheap 500W not being able to take 350W before exploding.
This, had my third build go to hell by a PSU that would fry it all. Took it to a computer store and it killed 3 multimeters
>>
>>51862535
Most prebuilt companies use refurb parts for EVERYTHING.

It's just not a good idea. I'd much rather buy the parts and pay a local guy to put it together for me.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.