[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/. This post is not a joke, I'm actually that autistic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 2627281007_fcbc8fb3fb_o.jpg (390 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2627281007_fcbc8fb3fb_o.jpg
390 KB, 1600x1200
Hi /g/.

This post is not a joke, I'm actually that autistic. I need to know something for personal reasons:

Do non-tech normies know what Firefox is? As in, does it at least sound familiar to them? I would guess it does since it's so huge but normies never cease to surprise me. I'm talking about full blown "why are you so quiet?"-kind of normies, the ones that dont give a damn about technology at all.
>>
thats a red panda not a fox, i want my money back
>>
>>51857942
some do, some don't. i'm guessing the average normie at least wouldn't think you're crazy like if you mention gentoo.
>>
>>51857965

that's what I would guess, that it sounds like a big thing to them and not nerdy like gentoo, arch linux, and shit like that

however, the other day my sister told me that "google doesn't work" and it meant that google chrome didnt start kek
>>
>>51857942
>the ones that dont give a damn about technology at all
you answered your own question anon
>>
Interesting question for multiple reasons. It assumes that universal imagination implies educated risk, in that the likelihood of knowledge decreases through challenged embellishment. Of course, that challenged the central tenants of knowledge guilt theory, which state casual relationships between normies and foxes exist beyond central paradox events. Fire, on the other hand, emerges from Neanderthalic desire, thus concluding that normies typically Wordpress on Safari, perhaps not Firefox
>>
>>51858000

nice trips m8, and not necessarily. normies still know what Macintosh (Mac) is, even Windows, they also know Google, Gmail, and a lot more shit. firefox is big so i always assumed they would know it, it has like a 30% usage share and used to be a lot bigger
>>
i guess everyone above 20 something at least knows firefox since it played a major role back 10-7 years ago in saving us from the hell of IE6/7

many nontechie in my circles use chrome nowadays, but i know no friend or acquaintance that uses IE for anything other then downloading another browser on a new laptop

yet somehow statics still show that on PCs IE is still disputes 1st place with chrome or even leading with advantage

>>51857982
hum, my sister is a big tech illiterate, she can barely save documents on text processors as other formats except the default, but even she knows firefox/chrome

my brother is a tech savvy graphical designer and, but keeps asking me why i dont use chrome, even though he cant explaing to me why he started using it. go figurew
>>
>>51858026
...Summer Glau?
>>
>>51858126
i guess you are right m8
>>
>>51857942
Yes they know. Everyone uses it. Nobody I know uses IE. Even people without computers use firefox on tablets
>>
>>51857942
Firefox has been downloaded something like 100 million times on Android alone so I'd say so. My mom has been using Firefox since I switched her over from IE6 back on XP and she still likes it.
>>
Normies either use IE, because it comes with the computer, or Chrome because a pop-up on the Google homepage says it's a 'faster way to browse the web'.
>>
>>51858956
Fuck. Mozilla should do something about this shit. I mean they are a fucking non-profit, normies dig that shit.
>>
>>51858978
Firefox has a frontend to google without those "install chrome" ads.
>>
>>51858978
>>51859020
Talking about about:home btw.
>>
>>51857942
They now about it but unlike autistic fags they don't hoard ram and they want a fast browser.
inb4
>muh privacy
no one cares about what anime you watch.
>>
>>51857942
In my personal experience every non-tech normie I've come across who even has Firefox installed never really uses it, and has like 3 different browsers installed all at once.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.