[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it real that these hoverboard set on fire? I'm about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (281 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
281 KB, 3000x1688
Is it real that these hoverboard set on fire? I'm about buying one for xmas
>>
>>51857437
Yes
>>
>>51857437
>these hoverboard set on fire

Of course
>>
>hoverboard
>doesn't hover

REEEEEEEE
>>
only thing those do well is indicate chads, so that you see the douchebag from far away
>>
get one with red LEDs, those will set you on water at worst
>>
>>51857437
how is this allowed to be "hoverboard"?
>>
>hoverboard

T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>51857760
>>51857755
>>51857561
Theyre actually called drifting boards.
>>
>>51857437
The red ones do
>>
>>51857755
>ed LEDs, those will set you on wate
Do you see his feet touching the fucking ground dipshit? No? Then he is fucking hovering
>>
>>51857437
They come installed with retard-detection circuits that overload the battery. Being over the weight capacity of the device also died this.
>>
>>51857789
This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen.
>>
>>51857789
Turns out hoverbikes were available to the masses for decades now!
>>
>>51857811
Not to mention hovercars and hoverplanes.
>>
>>>51857789
>Do you see his feet touching the fucking ground dipshit? No? Then he is fucking hovering

>cars are hoverboards
>bikes are hoverboards
>jumping is hoverboards

you fucking idiot.
>>
If you're serious about this, look for the ones with Samsung batteries. The only reason some are exploding is because they used cheap batteries to cash in on the trend.

For actual mobility or utility, these are pretty hopeless. The one wheel solutions are more promising but it's still a developing tech.
>>
>>51857811
>>51857855

Are bikes and cars shaped like a BOARD? No, so they're not fucking hoverboards. The retardedness of /g is beyond belief
>>
>>51858006
Maybe call it a fucking wheelboard
>>
>>51858006
Have you been hit by a semi?
>>
>>51858006
so you're saying a segway is also a hoverboard?
are roller skates considered hover shoes in your tiny little mind?
>>
>>51858006
Neither is this pile of Chinese shit.
>>
I think falling and cracking your skull is a bigger risk than the thing catching fire desu senpai
>>
>>51858006
Shit, you telling me that skateboards hover?
>>
In Finnish they're called balance scooters which I think is miles better than "hoverboard"
>>
>>51858103
No idiot they're fucking 'skate' boards... because roller skate wheels. jesus!
>>
these are all the virgin of segways without any of the fun

fucking triggered
>>
>>51857561

The board is hovering with the help of wheels
>>
>>51857437
Hover boards are Nvidia manufactured anyway
>>
>>51857766
No they aint
>>
>>51857766
>>51861179
Actually, they're called: iScooter hover board Electric self balancing Scooter Smart wheel hoverboard unicycle Standing Skateboard drift scooter airboard.
>>
The batteries are cheap as shit and aren't regulated. They do catch on fire. Hold off until more reputable standards are set and maintained.
>>
They look like a fucking gimmick to me...
>>
would you trust a company called 'swagway' to make a device with a large capacity battery and an electric motor crammed inside a tiny casing with little to no ventilation?
>>
File: at ice king pleased.png (137 KB, 886x901) Image search: [Google]
at ice king pleased.png
137 KB, 886x901
>>51861783
>'swagway
That name is fucking awesome though.
>>
>>51861618
kek

why do people pay this much for a hands-free segway?

Is it just because rappers use these?
>>
>>51861783
nty I'm fine with a skateboard.
>>
>>51857789
This post is bad and you should feel bad
>>
people who shit on these things have obviously never ridden one

they're fun as fuck. they're toys, and they're expensive, but they're fun. coming from a bunch of fucking nerds who spend their money on figurines and RAM m8 i am LAFFIN
>>
>>51857437
no, batteries never catch fire when used in shitty knockoff things. never.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.