[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people still say C/C++ They're different languages,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1435374472139.png (643 KB, 678x653) Image search: [Google]
1435374472139.png
643 KB, 678x653
Why do people still say C/C++
They're different languages, show some goddamn respect
>>
>>51854904
The people who have done one assume they know the other. And with a little effort, they will. Also fuck off weeb.
>>
well simply because C++ "is" C, hence the "++", means increment, it's basically C with more added shit.
>>
>>51855270
Fuck you
>>
>>51854904
actually what you've been referring to as C/C++ would be correctly called GNU\C/C++ because the compiler has the final say in which language features are or are not supported: btw
>install ganu linoocs
>>
>>51855093
A lot of job offerings ask for C/C++ without distinguishing between both. I put them separated in my resume tbqh.
>>
>>51854904
I loved that movie, so feelsy ;_;
>>
>>51855093
>on /g/
>not a weeb
Kek
>>
>>51856017
What movie is it?
>>
>>51856872
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Don't watch it if you haven't watched the series tho, they won't be doing any exposition.
>>
>>51854904
It depends who's saying it.
C programmers say C/C++ because they probably write C with classes.
C++ programmers say C/C++ because they think their skills can carry over to pure C, despite never having written in C before.
>>
>>51854904
Ask them if they also know Java/Javascript.
>>
>>51857033
>C with classes

You say that like classes add anything of value to the language.

The only useful things C++ adds is constructors and destructors and that's only because they allow you to do something when something falls out of scope.

Needing to use private for anything it retarded, compiler generated vtables suck ass and templates are the cancer of C++. The implementation is shit and if the language had proper generics we wouldn't have 10K LOC codebases taking 5 minutes to compile.
>>
I want to fuck parallel Harui
>>
>>51858797
>The only useful things C++ adds is constructors and destructors and that's only because they allow you to do something when something falls out of scope.

It allows safe resource management though.
>templates are cancer
They are quite based in my opinion, especially since variadic template arguments.
>>
>>51854904
I use c++ as "c with classes"
>>
>>51861444
You sicken me
>>
>>51861444
same here

>>51862637
but my situation is in space constrained systems, but the object concepts are very hard to get away from
>>
>>51854904
>show some goddamn respect

print f
>>
>>51858797
>Needing to use private for anything it retarded
Honestly, everything should be private by default and explicitly require a keyword to loosen up access
>>
>>51864003
exactly. Ran into problems when i just left everything open to the world. I needed to change the under-the-hood stuff and then things broke
>>
C++ is fundamentally tied to C, the abstractions that C++ builds on C are very thin and light. There are very few incompatibilities between C and C++. The core part of C++ can never change without drastically changing the nature of the language.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.