[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I: >dont care about gui customization >dont care about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 624x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 624x416
If I:
>dont care about gui customization
>dont care about jailbreak/rooting
>dont care about tinfoil botnet shit
>want quality software/design
>can afford any phone at full cost

Basically just assume im a normal person who has money

Is there any reason to not get an iPhone 6?
>>
>>51854200
>im a normal person
well most normies like shiny facebook machines so yeah why not
>>
>>51854200
if you're looking to purchase the most secure and highest quality phone, then why wouldn't you buy an iphone? if you could afford a lamborghini, why wouldn't you buy one?
>>
You might like the Nexus 6P more. I tried both and fell in love with the 6P. For most things, there are no differences.
>>
>>51854200
Get a Nexus if you care about design.

iPhones look like gay jewelry, I would never want to be seen in public with one.
>>
>>51854434
>nexus
>design
Yeah if you like a shit designed chink phone that bends in your pocket
Get the 6s plus unless you're a manlet, better camera, better battery life, better screen.
>>
>don't care about GUI customization
>normal
pick one and only one
>>
>>51854200
>quality software/design
>no gui customization

pick one
>>
>>51854200
Yes, the 6s exists you dumbass

or any of the dozens of android phones that are better than the iphone 6
>>
Get a oneplux X.
>>
>want quality software/design
And there's the dealbreaker for iPhones.
>>
Absolutely get one! They're fantastic phones. The 6S actually outperforms the Note 5 -despite the Note 5 having 4 GB's of RAM and the 6S has 2 GB's of RAM.

I highly advise getting the 6S.
>>
>>51854707
... in single core at a much lower resolution
>>
>>51854737
>caring about resolution on a mobile phone
above 1080p everything is overkill in sub 7 inches
>>
>>51854737
>... in single core at a much lower resolution
Once you hit Retina higher resolution is pointless; just bigger numbers, no gain in display quality. It's the fallacy of bigger numbers.
>>
>>51854200
Honestly probably. If you don't have any standards or real use-cases for a phone, iPhone is definitely the way to go. I love Android, but if one of my normie friends (or my parents) ask me what phone to get, I point them right at the iPhone.

If you know what you're doing you'll hit walls pretty quickly, or find things you don't like that you just can't change. But if you just don't give a shit, it's definitely the nicest phone you can get that'll do its job.
>>
>>51854272
/thread
>>
>>51854998
there is literally no reason to go for 2k resolution on a 5.5 inch screen unless you want shitty battery life
>>
>>51854200
>Is there any reason to not get an iPhone 6?

yes. that's last years model.
get the 6s. also unless you are a manlet with child sized hands, get a 6s+.
>>
>>51855074
>buying a huge ass phone
why would anyone want a huge phone? even my nexus 5 2012 is on the large side, its hard to operate 1 handed and I have relatively large hands
>>
>>51855026
Personally, I notice a difference, but that may just be because I hold my phone a bit close to my eyes when I use it.
>>
File: 1427319333631.jpg (72 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1427319333631.jpg
72 KB, 612x612
-No file browser
-Many applications are gimped because apple won't let them work properly
-Many applications don't exist
-Lack of FOSS
-If you don't like the software you can't change it

Compare the 6S+ to a Nexus 6P
The 128gb of the line 6S+ is 950USD but the 128gb 6P is 650USD.
Despite paying $300 more than a nexus and 3x as much as a G4, you're getting, a worse camera, a tiny battery, the hassle of $30 proprietary cables and a smaller--lower resolution screen
>>
Get a nexus 6P
>>
>>51855651
Samshit are gay. See >>>>51855667
>>
File: slurp.jpg (84 KB, 507x361) Image search: [Google]
slurp.jpg
84 KB, 507x361
>>51854347
>comparing an iphone to a lambo
yeah sure, every retard and his mom can afford a lambo, iphone is just as premium and exclusive and only a selected few own one

fucking kek, the delusions iphags live in, man
>>
File: Fruity Bum Bun.jpg (39 KB, 768x384) Image search: [Google]
Fruity Bum Bun.jpg
39 KB, 768x384
A used 64gb iPhone 6 is 600.
For this price you get:
>4.7 inch 720p screen, standard for 2011
>1,800mAh battery, modern smartphones have 3,000-5,000mAh
>"Chemically strengthened glass", instead of gorilla glass 4
>Propritary "lightning" port with $35 cables instead of super-speed USB Type-C

You're paying $600 for $300 hardware that's used and 1.5 years old.
>>
>>51854434
>Get a Nexus if you care about design.
The iShit has fallen incredibly far since the 4, but so far as to be worse than that horse shit.

Both the 5X and 6P have disgusting ugly branding, the 5X looks like a shitty cheap feature phone especially with the retarded protruding camera and the 6P has that fucking retarded looking black bar on the top of it.
>>
anything with a camera bump is a no-go design wise
>>
>>51855104
My mother is a little Asian woman with tiny ass hands and she bought the 6s+. She hasn't complained once about the size. Stop being a pussy.
>>
>>51855901
she probably doesn't use any applications with buttons in the upper right/left corners, if you hold a 5" or bigger phone with 1 hand its hard to reach the corners.
>>
>>51854447
>chink phone

Aren't all phones made in China land?
>>
>>51855977
~Designed in California~
>>
>>51855901

That's because women have purses, they generally don't carry their phones in their front pockets.
>>
>>51854200
http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/28/how-your-iphone-has-been-tracking-your-every-move-in-secret-4884687/
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.