[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cool tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: The-Cicret-Bracelet1.png (879 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
The-Cicret-Bracelet1.png
879 KB, 1200x630
This is the Cicet what cool tech have you found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7GpVQCfms
>>
>>51854138
>have armhair
>instantly useless
>>
> ticklish
>>
>not having black skin for maximum contrast
tfw useless for pasty whiteboys
>>
>>51854153
>>Touch screen, instantly half of screen is missing due to shadow
>>
>>51854138
>having something like that in a package that small
Enjoy your 2 minutes of battery life and shit hardware.
>>
>>51854138
>Project Black

Holy shit its literally worse than other vapor ware shit.
>>
>>51854175
Are black people really this stupid?

Have you ever tried using a projection monitor on a black wall?
>>
this seems cool. But just worse then having a discrete touchscreen phone from a usability standpoint.
>>
That's a scam, product will never be released.
>>
>>51854138
no point in having this since you have a phone
>>
>>51854138
>projector can emit light darker than skin
whut?
>>
>>51854138
>Watch video
>Obviously fake, not a working demo
that's a cool idea, I guess.
>>
When are we getting those neat phones made out of the flexible glass or whatever. Those seem like the bees' knees
>>
>>51854471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuLwPZrOH5Q
I lol'd
>>
>>51854436

How does a projector that hits a white wall emit a dark, black scene?

magics.
>>
File: Aiptek_PocketCinema_V10.jpg (18 KB, 356x353) Image search: [Google]
Aiptek_PocketCinema_V10.jpg
18 KB, 356x353
>>51854471
They made a working demo, it's laughable.
Then don't even show the size of the thing, they might as well just have pic related strapped onto someone's hand.
>>
>>51854567
It's a prototype, retard
>>
>>51854581
There needs to be no other light. I.e is retarded
>>
>>51854581
Reflecting = subtractive
Emitting = additive
>>
>>51854643
It also suffers from physical limitations. You'll never get a square projection from that angle due to optical limitations
You'll never get true touch intensity due to being unable to pickup sensor data from your fucking skin.
>>
>>51854259
Watch the video desu
>>
>>51854643
They overpromised something that they can't possibly deliver. The fact that they actually wasted time and money building a garbage "prototype" is what's so hilarious about it.
>>
>>51854761
The video is a mockup -- it's not actually a depiction of anything that exists in reality.
>>
>runs android
instant garbage
>>
>>51854841
>shitting on Android
>only other OS is iOS
stay salty, macfag, have a free OS next time.
>>
>>51854741
>You'll never get true touch intensity due to being unable to pickup sensor data from your fucking skin.

You could use another bracelet to pick up nerve signals from the touching hand, for example. But yeah, projecting on skin like that is kinda dumb.

I wonder if wearables like that even have a chance to hit the mainstream anytime soon. Smartphones are so widely distributed that they don't leave much breathing room for new products, I think.
>>
>>51854138
Yeah, that's not how projectors work
>>
>>51854889
At just iOS didn't look like someone took a shit on your arm.
>>
>>51854138
That's actually a really cool concept, but it'll need a lot of improvements to become viable.
Also yeah, sucks for people with arm hair.
>>
>>51856749
does "making use of existing technology" count as an inprovement
>>
>>51854889

Jesus must really love me this morning. I love it when people forget about Windows, because it gives me the opportunity to bring up Windows, and it's awesomeness. It comes with Notepad and you can play games on it.
>>
>>51857304
>Notepad
I still cannot understand how a company worth billions of dollars can constantly ship the world's worst text editor with every release.
>>
>>51854138
Only for manlets with no testosterone or arm hair
>>
>>51854138
>for hairless twinks
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.