[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parrot Security OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Parrotos.png (1 MB, 1022x770) Image search: [Google]
Parrotos.png
1 MB, 1022x770
Does /g/ use this? Also, how is it better/worse than Kali Linux?
>>
never heard of it, is it a pentesting distro like Kali?
>>
>>51848580
Yes, but I never used it so I can't tell surely
>>
looks like shit
>>
>>51848974
why does that matter?

it looks like a hollywood hacker distro. It suits it's intended purpose.
>>
>>51848554
They're both just Debian with tools pre installed
Whether it's better or worse than Kali depends on which tools they come with and what tools you need
>>
well the conky shit isn't doing it any favors
>>
It still uses Kali depositories. If you're actually good enough to be a pentester, just use gentoo and install what you use instead of Kali or any other security distro that will be bloated with shit you personally don't use.
>>
>>51849189
>depositories
I think you mean suppositories, anon.
>>
>>51849189
Pentoo :^)
>>
>>51849189
this
there is no reason to use those shit tier distros
>>
>>51849189
The fact that they're live CDs is pretty useful desu
>>
>>51849265
>you can't make live iso's of any distro
>>
>>51849189
>>51849226
you understand how people learn right? Some people need to see something in a menu so they can actually look it up.

>>51849212
it was a suppositories, how long did it take them to get onto a decent kernel? I ended up installing debian and switching repositories to get it working with my vm and wireless-usb.
>>
>>51849448
>Anon, we need you to test our data centre
>hold on, let me man nmap real quick
>>
>>51849499
lots of time, they sign the paperwork first
>>
>>51848554
I'm a pentester who uses parrosOS for demos because basically it's just a wrapper on top of Kali (mate plus some 'sexy' bespoke apps and config) which is pretty cool to show a layman
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.