[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazon.com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 18
File: amazon.jpg (42 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
amazon.jpg
42 KB, 1280x800
Is Amazon the devil /g/? Does /g/ shop from Amazon?

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon.com_controversies
https://stallman.org/amazon.html
http://www.amiba.net/resources/all-about-amazon/
https://web.archive.org/web/20151213230613/http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/01/week-amazon-insider-feature-treatment-employees-work
>>
Yes everyone knows Dread Pirate Bezos is one of the worst people and bosses on the planet but I'll never stop using Amazon.
>>
File: Grimasse_Gerhard.jpg (41 KB, 373x559) Image search: [Google]
Grimasse_Gerhard.jpg
41 KB, 373x559
>>51848583
>dread pirate bezos
>>
Amazon is great, fuck you OP.
>>
I'll never stop using Amazon.

I don't really give a fuck about "muh mistreatment of employees". It's your career choice.
>>
I just love their no questions return policy on tech. If you have a single dead pixel or some minor issue aesthetic issue with an item they'll ship out a replacement instantly and collect the other item later. No drawn out RMA bullshit.
>>
>>51848529

>move to Japan
>Amazon has same day shipping on most things
>next day on things it doesn't

Oh god it is so great.
>>
>>51848529
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon.com_controversies#Pedophile_guide
>Detectives from the county's Internet Crimes Division ordered a signed hard copy version of Greaves' book and had it shipped to the agency's jurisdiction, where it violated state obscenity laws.
Come on, that's fucking bullshit.
>>
I don't give a fuck about what they do to their employees. I do give a fuck about they not letting me share a fucking $100 membership with more than one person.
>>
>>51849086
>The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover's Code of Conduct.
kek
>>
>>51848529
bought a swindle ... but its just 35.00
>>
but i need muh cheap kindle
>>
>>51849041
This. I was toying with a cheap smartwatch and accidentally cut the flat wire.

They took it back no questions and gave me a full refund.

Amazon is GOAT.
>>
>>51848529
This is like when people complain about how evil walmart is... doesn't matter I don't fucking work there
>>
>>51848529
it just delivers

>even to Costa Rica
>>
>>51848529
>https://stallman.org
>Richard Stallman's personal site.
hue
>>
>>51848529
>Is Amazon the devil /g/?
Yep

>Does /g/ shop from Amazon?
Nope
>>
I tend to try to order things from places other than Amazon since Amazon's free shipping has become wait-a-week-to-even-ship shipping and their prices are now pretty comparable to other online stores. I'll still buy things from them here and there if they really do have a considerably better price.
>>
I work for amazon pays pretty good
>>
>>51851800
>I work for amazon
tech?
>>
>>51848529
yes and yes
their business model basically revolves around not making any profit, and just funneling all money into beating the competition

If a company will give up their profits to pick up the tab on my orders I will sure as fuck buy from them out of self interest
>>
>>51849013
>>51849037
>>51849041
Amazon is the best fucking company in the world. Literally. I agree with this.
>>

Lol. No. In fact, I rarely order from Amazon, like once in a blue moon. Fuck Amazon and it's overpriced/rip off shipping rates. I saved myself $40/$50 today by buying a $50 Steelseries keyboard off a local thrift store for $4 rather than via Amazon @ $44+ tip. No thanks. http://amzn.com/B00BHSTXV6
>>
what happened to their Top Rated?
it's shitty for "avg customer review" and regular top rated.
wonder if people were rigging fake reviews or something, best sellers a shit
>>
>>51852240
Hi Amazon, can I please add other members of my family to prime without sharing my credit card information? Thanks fám.
>>
>>51852315

Actually scratch that, I saved myself $51+ tip after having looked at the prices for my keyboard.
>>
File: 1446006388457.gif (451 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1446006388457.gif
451 KB, 500x313
Thanks for reminding me to go purchase some stuff off Amazon®, OP
>>
I've started to order from Newegg since Amazon started charging taxes in my state. Prime is nice because USPS will put it in my mail box in my apt, but paying an extra $20-30 for GPUs and the like is pointless when I can get it tax free at Newegg and use their premiere service.

Also they price their item by its availability which can cause a $20 mouse mat to become $900 even though the retailer is selling it for $18.99 on its own website.

I do admit that I've been creating new email addresses for years to get free prime membership though.
>>
Work for amazon, it's not that bad here. Hard work n stuff, but it's a warehouse job. It's supposed to be tough. Good benefits, good pay. I still buy shit all the time.
>>
not since they banned me from mechanical turk without explaining why

i miss my free dimes
>>
>>51852459
As a Faggot state resident Newegg is like playing fucking shipping Russian Roulette either it ships from City of Industry and I get free 1-2 day shipping or it leaves Jersey and I get to spend the next week watching it inch it's way across the country.
>>
>>51848529
It's pretty good.
They opened up a warehouse in my state, so now I can get packages on Saturdays and Sundays now since USPS is delivering on weekends now.
>>
ITT: people won't give up their comfortable lives in exchange of forcing them to respect human beings.
in short, consumerism > ethics. I bet this people don't even care about prices...
then people wonder why the politicians are so terrible, and say hurr durr we can't do nuffin

>>51849086
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle#Remote_content_removal
>>
>>51853012
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle#Remote_content_removal
ffs... amazon shills sure are good at breaking things on purpose:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle#Criticism
>>
>>51852518
there's a pretty decent chance you were banned erroneously because whoever is running mturk is just that fucking incompetent. two day delivery never fails though.
>>
by 2040 amazon will literally be a fucking cyberpunk dystopian megacorp

screenshot this post
>>
File: 1447275173448-0.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1447275173448-0.png
98 KB, 600x500
> Try to buy some Snapheiser headphones from Amazon Mexico
> Cancel my account and ask me for an account statement to confirm its actually my debit card
> Have to fucking fax it in the year of our lord 1000+1000+15 almost 1000+1000+16
I'd rather not send them such private information, but considering the same used headphones are more expensive in the Mexican equivalent of e-bay than the deal amazon is cutting me I'd gladly bend over and take it.
Feels bad man. Now my package is indefinitely delayed until they sort this shit out.
>>
>>51853214
>they want you to fax them shit
the horror
>>
>>51852331
You can't
>>
>>51853409
Jeff, please.
>>
>>51853214
that what you get for being in mexico.No one trusts you shits not even your own bank banamex trusts you
>>
>>51853437
in general, people with money do not trust those without it
>>
Amazon gave us aws.
Fuck you OP.
>>
>>51853437
The thing is I had already purchased another pair of headphones without any problems using a debit card from a different bank.
The moment I tried to use a different card they immediately shut down my account.
I understand distrusting mexicans but they already have all my fucking data.
>>
>>51853462
they distrust everybody. if you enter your name wrong and they can't prove you exist with irs they will ban you from amazon payments and keep your money. although, i heard if you call them enough they will eventually send a check for the balance but still... it's not just foreigners with these problems.
>>
>No questions asked returns
>Wide selection
>Cheapest prices available generally
>Good customer service

What's not to like? Seriously why do people even hate this company? What other company gives such good service for such low prices?
>>
>>51853462
you fucked mexico has the worst customer service ever lolz
>>
>>51853537
The support executives have been awfully nice to me and even promised to reimburse the priority shipping I was going to pay if my order is delayed beyond the original promised date which is tuesday.
Hope they honor that.
>>
>>51853533
>good customer service
lying with dubs... for shame
>>
File: 2854428559_i20love20amazon.jpg (12 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
2854428559_i20love20amazon.jpg
12 KB, 400x308
I have a Kindle, 3rd one actually. Fucking love it.

I have Amazon Prime. Free fucking expedited shipping on most my products, plus I share the account with family members, for only $99.

I watch Amazon Prime Video everyday.

Bought dozens of books from their store, where if it wasn't for Amazon, I'd be getting ripped off at the local book stores.

I got over 200 paid apps for FREE from the Amazon app store.

Amazon screwed up a couple of my orders that shipped late, and they waived the entire bill. Over $100 worth of products they just waived for being just a week late from expected delivery.

Amazons return policy is the undisputed best for any online retailer. NEVER will I buy at Newegg. Newegg doesnt pay for return shipping, and Newegg charges a re-stocking fee. FUCK NEWEGG.

I hope Amazon takes over the world.
>>
Amazon Prime is the shit. $50 a year and I get free two-day shipping on tons of shit
>>
>>51853555
>good
you bent over and had to go through loop of doom and confirm your identity 5 times
>>
>>51853559
>lying with dubs... for shame

what am I lying about?

They refund/return purchases with no questions asked. It's among the best of any company out there. Not even sure how they could improve tbqh.
>>
File: 1440475274959.jpg (12 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
1440475274959.jpg
12 KB, 249x213
>>51853575
I know its bullshit, but for tech niche shit I tend to buy like headphones over my only other option is the mexican e-bay where everything is sold at prices higher than the MSRP.
I'll send them my sister should they ask me to. It fucking sucks, but there's literally nothing I can do except not buy the stuff I want.
>>
>>51853214
>living in mexico

Its almost like its not America, and no companies give a single shit about anyone outside of the good old US of A
>>
>>51853599
shit, son, send me your sister and i'll be the middle man in any of your future purchases from american retailers
can she cook?
will she be uncomfortable sharing my bed?
>>
>>51853609
ironic patriotism is still shitposting
>>
I saw zero things wrong with what they do. Apparently kikes like to whine a lot.
>>
>>51853599
I am glad I am not kekold by Mexico
>>
>>51853599
Better order now before Trump finishes that wall amigo
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 158x126) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 158x126
Why the flying fuck should I care about Amazon employees?!?!

Amazon employees are generously paid and have some of the most secure employment in the world.

FUCK, I'd kill a neck beard just to get a part time job with Amazon.

I've worked minimum wage jobs whit scumbag bosses that loved working you to death, and did whatever they could to legally weasel out of paying benefits.
>>
>>51853672
>thinking a wall between USA and Mexico will stop the flow of goods from China to Mexico.
>>
>>51848529
>Is Amazon the devil /g/?
Yes.
Yes.

I've fully accepted we're all fucked anyway, not buying from them now makes no difference.
>>
>>51853753
/g/ is full of a bunch of fucking virginistic NEETS.

The mere thought of working for a living TERRIFIES them.
>>
>>51853707
because social contract?
>i was treated bad and no buddy cared about poor me so now that i'm middle management i'm gunna spit at people getting royally fucked
GOOD FOR YOU, MAN
>>
We literally NEED a retailer like Amazon.

They have the largest buying power, which gives them incredible power of manufactures. They can negotiate low prices, and keep greedy manufactures from charging hundreds extra.

I love when idiots cry in defense of "artists" getting ripped off by Amazon. Those same "artists" will rob you blind if they could, and demand ridiculous prices for shit they made sitting at a desk.

LONG LIVE AMAZON
>>
>>51853831
Look, Jeff, just make sure my package gets here by Tuesday. it's literally all you're good for.
>>
>>51852683
>Have to RMA GPU
>UPS label is for City of Industry
>Tracking is 'stuck' at where i dropped it off at
>takes a week to get there
>takes another 4 days for them to refund me money
>another 2 days for my bank to process it
Newegg is great when it works, but fuck is it a pain in the ass when it doesn't.
>>
>>51853533
>>Cheapest prices available generally
>ignoring the part where they increase their base price to make their sale price seem better
Amazon is typically the same price for items and they even increase their price if the item is low in stock, despite the MSRP being lower on the manufacture's website.
>>
>>51852683
>Newegg

I stopped buying at Newegg years ago.

Their prices are shit, shipping expensive, and worlds worse return policy.

I live on the east coast, so if I get a package from Newegg it ships from New Jersey. Though, if I have to send it back, I have to pay for shipping to the WEST COAST, which costs a fortune plus a 15% re-stocking fee.

Newegg is dead. It's amazing they're still in business.
>>
>>51853906
>>ignoring the part where they increase their base price to make their sale price seem better

I don't think they do that. And even if they do they still have the cheapest prices on most products, if not close to it.(makes up for it with their fast shipping and HUGE selection)

Literally what is wrong with Amazon? I don't understand why you guys dislike it. Is this just another case of autistic 4chan NEETs deciding something is bad and sticking with that opinion no matter what?
>>
>>51853926
>I don't think they do that.
http://www.amazon.com/Glorious-Extended-White-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00NOCZB78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450069848&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Glorious+Extended+Gaming+Mouse+Mat&psc=1
$99
http://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat
$18.99

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-Version-Graphics-11244-00-20G/dp/B00ZGL8CYY/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448954348&sr=1-4&keywords=r9+390&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011
$635 for r9 390 and they somehow take 37% off magically just for you.
>>
>>51853982
It links to the white one which is 'regular' price, if you scroll through the menu and find the black extended one it's $99. Kinda further proves my point.
>>
They treat me better then any real store.
>>
Dealing with clerks in real life is scary.
>>
>>51854037
>this t.bh
>>
I interned there for 3 months. I think the best part about Amazon is that almost all of the money they make from their most profitable businesses goes into funding riskier projects. They take risks on big interesting ideas, that's how Prime membership, AWS, and now drone delivery get funded.

That said, there are no perks, some teams overwork the hell out of you, low pay relative to Bay Area companies, and my teammates were all old as fuck and difficult to relate to because they all had families so I'm not going back there.
>>
Yes. Amazon Prime is great and they're not any more horrible than pretty much every other company.

>>51852348

You tip your mail carrier?
>>
>>51853982
Oh no the Amazon one is one whole dollar more expensive than the other.
The horror.
>>
>>51854102

>You tip your mail carrier?

Uhm.. What..? I never said I ordered my keyboard.
>>
>>51854136
That's the white version. The black version (what the actual comparison is of) is $99. See >>51853994

I don't have a problem with it being $1 more. $70 more I do.
>>
File: 1449519711474.png (110 KB, 1593x362) Image search: [Google]
1449519711474.png
110 KB, 1593x362
>>51853560
Well done.
>>
>>51854156
>I saved myself $51+ tip

Who else would you tip? Amazon themselves?
>>
File: hurr durr.png (47 KB, 1334x391) Image search: [Google]
hurr durr.png
47 KB, 1334x391
>>51854163
You mean this one?
Because its not sold by amazon fám. Pretty sure they don't dictate prices on shit not sold by them.
Am I being memed right now?
>>
File: win95.png (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
win95.png
60 KB, 640x480
nostalgia
>>
>>51854283
ignore me. i meant to start a thread.
>>
>>51854291
/thread
>>
File: 1408932386680.gif (615 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
1408932386680.gif
615 KB, 224x168
>>51854283
ok

>>51854291
no
>>
>>51854249
>Pretty sure they don't dictate prices on shit not sold by them.
And yet it's 18.99 on their website. http://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat

But fine, let's look at the r9 390x, which "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11241-00-20G/dp/B00ZGL8CFI/ref=sr_1_13?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1450072336&sr=1-13&keywords=r9+390
List price: $822.88, yet I can't find that price anywhere else. Even the sale price of $478.15 is higher than most retailer's list price by $40-50.
>>
>>51848529
Amazon for shopping: A+. Best experience a human being has ever had buying shit.
Amazon content services: Solid D-. Non-competitive, proprietary devices are all garbage either in hardware or are ruined further through trash services, no benefit to getting into the ecosystem since it's objectively inferior to everything else (unlike Apple which actually has great phones and a great content delivery service)
and I dont even fucking like Apple at all
>>
>>51854417
FUCK OFF ANTI-AMAZON SHILL

WE KNOW YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH THEIR SERVICE AND PRICES SO YOU HAVE TO COME UP WITH BULLSHIT MEMES
>>
>>51848529
Big corporations are the devil. Not just amazon.
Banks are fucking evil, but where else would we store our money?
>>
>>51854542
>Big corporations are the devil. Not just amazon.
>Banks are fucking evil, but where else would we store our money?

How are either of those evil?

From what I've seen the people who say this type of shit are generally very uneducated in economics and don't understand basic concepts of economics.
>>
>>51854527
>anti-amazon
>already admitted the *only* reason I don't shop from them is because my state forces them to charge tax while Newegg doesn't.

For some inexplicable reason Amazon won't charge taxes on items below $10 or so and I use Prime for that, but higher ticket items get charged it.

Not even sure how price markup is a meme, but ok. I honestly couldn't give a shit if it was Amazon, Newegg, NCIX or whatever company if they did the same shit I'm talking about. I'd be anti-them. I'm trying to get the best deal, I have no loyalty to any company.
>>
>>51854561
they control the government via lobbying.No longer can the common man affect his laws,but only those corporations which are considered citizen can.
>>
>>51854597
>they control the government via lobbying

And what's bad about it?

I love being able to buy things for very cheap and high quality thanks to the corporations.

Without corporations all the great things we enjoy at bargain prices(buy 1 get 1 free/half off, buy 5 get 5 free, 90% sales, etc) would not be possible.
>>
>>51854608
enjoy your deficit
>>
>>51848529
They have your information
They have your CC number
They have a devices that sit in your home and listen to you
They have a developing fleet of autonomous drones
They know what kind of panties you were looking for last week
They have server farms to parse and analyze all that data.
>>
>>51849041
So much this and if you're prime the CS will suck your nuts
>>
>>51854608
>he thinks the exploitation of developing countries is the same as corporation trying to fuck you and your own nation by lobbying
>>
I literally don't give two fucks about and controversies or how they treat their employees, I WILL continue to be a dirty little consumerist fag and buy shit almost exclusively through amazon fuck you
>>
>>51849050

>tfw don't live in japan

feels really bad and almost makes me suicidal
>>
>>51854765
>He cares about developing countries

If they didn't give them jobs they would be even poorer than they are.
>>
>>51854769
>consumerist
>buying exclusively through anyone
>>
>>51853012

>being a bitch nigger that cares about other people

Get out moralfag no one gives a shit here.
>>
>>51851401

Yes we most certainly do shop from amazon in fact I'm about to buy something right now get fucked bitch
>>
>>51854786
where is that mention?
>>
File: 1449727235604.jpg (126 KB, 1110x701) Image search: [Google]
1449727235604.jpg
126 KB, 1110x701
>>51851470

>not having prime
>being poor
>>
File: hurr durr.png (258 KB, 1332x500) Image search: [Google]
hurr durr.png
258 KB, 1332x500
>>51854417
> Ships from and sold by amazon
No it isn't
>>
>>51853214

>being mexican

lel
>>
File: 1446175818328.png (315 KB, 769x478) Image search: [Google]
1446175818328.png
315 KB, 769x478
>>51854832

>get Prime
>half the stuff I order isn't Prime eligible
>>
>>51854832
>being scammed
>>
File: 1449732486292.png (433 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449732486292.png
433 KB, 640x480
>>51854867

>being poor
>>
>>51854832
>>51854859
>>51854867
>Not getting Prime for free because you're a university student

l m a o
>>
File: 390x.png (33 KB, 939x314) Image search: [Google]
390x.png
33 KB, 939x314
>>51854842
>i literally can't read
I said the 390x, you're looking at the 390. I even linked it.
>>
>>51854870

>implying I don't have amazon student

jokes on you bitch nigger
>>
>>51854870
it is not free it is actually half off retard

>>51854869
>paying extra for shipping for products that are already market up to include S&H
>>
>>51854883
>implying I don't have student prime that allows me to get free shipping

Learn to read
>>
>>51854888
learn to read student prime is not free it is half off normal price.
>>
>>51854900
IM NOT THAT ANON YOU FAG IM GOING TO EAT YOUR FACE OFF
>>
>>51848529
Amazon is a complete fucking shit.

>Order item.
>Have Prime 2 day shipping.
>GUARANTEED ON X DAY.
>Later emails says EXPECTED ON Y DAY
>Arrives 3 days late, Amazon doesn't care anymore and won't help.

Buy now and get free shit!!!!!11!
>Oh sorry, we realize it's very inconvenient that you didn't get FREESHIT, but there's nothing we can do.

Order HALO 5 now, and have it on day of release!!
>Arrives late, and Amazon CS says it cannot ship until 2 days after release, even though Amazon has release day arrival.

>Order item x from Amazon Marketplace seller.
>Receive item y.
>Seller never responds, but send it back for refund.
>Amazon says they can't help at all.
>Amazon refuses refund until I send like 5 emails.

>Order feedback no longer shows option for delivery date feedback, only packaging feedback.

etc...etc
>>
People on /g/ are too stupid to understand how Amazon works.....

Amazon Prime is my favorite subscription by far. The shipping benefits alone are more than worth it. The other services are just a bonus.

At this point, I almost refuse to buy some things if they are not available on Amazon. The god-tier shipping speeds and customer service have spoiled me for the past 4 years.
>>
>>51854915
>and customer service

Amazon doesn't have 'customer service', they have 'oops we fucked up, let's give them free shit so they don't sue us'
>>
>>51854911
please pay me 50%off the normal price of 100 USD to do it for free you fag
>>
>>51854913

You must be doing something wrong. I've only ever had 1 purchase ever not arrive on time. I didn't even notice since I didn't need it right away. Package apparently got lost or something. Amazon refunded me before I noticed the package hadn't arrived.
>>
>>51854925
>implying thats a bad thing
>>
>>51854949
Yep, I buy from Amazon, that's what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>51854925
>they have 'oops we fucked up, let's give them free shit so they don't sue us'

HOW TERRIBLE.

Gosh I really wish they'd stop giving us instant, no questions asked refunds!
>>
>>51854997
This pro consumer ideology is cancer.
>>
I buy a fuckload of my groceries and house items from there.
>I think Walmart is more evil
>I purchased prime to take jobs away from the postal service and into UPS/Puralator/whatever
>I save a fuckload of money

As far as the other evil 1984 shit, yea it exists. I'll spend money at the Ma and Pop store if I have the option, but I usually see the same shit there too.
>>
>>51854913
Here's a fucking idea: If they don't deliver the service they promise stop giving them money
>>
>>51855024
>HURRRR IM NOT A CONSUMERIST IM AN INDIVIDUAL
>>
>>51855024
>This pro consumer ideology is cancer.

In what way?

People enjoy nice things, people like having fun and being treated well as a customer.
>>
CHA-1 fag here. The warehouse is both heated and cooled. When I signed on they gave me a $200 sign on bonus, $15.50/hr, +$2 for each normal hour worked, and +$3 for each overtime hour worked. I just push a metal cart around and scan shit all day.
>>
>>51855031
>>I purchased prime to take jobs away from the postal service and into UPS/Puralator/whatever
Most deliveries through UPS end up on the final leg through the USPS unless they are too large/heavy for standard delivery.
>>
>>51855169
I got no beef with the USPS. Everything I get through ebay seems to be slow as fuck, but consistent.
>>
>>51854913
Works for me ;^)
>>
>>51855024
Seriously. If I don't have to call and be put on hold for 45 minutes just so I can talk to Ted from Bangladesh so he can run though his corporate mandated customer service playbook in order to determine that he can't help me, then somebody is doing their fucking job wrong. Instant refunds? Fuck that shit, customer service is SUPPOSED to be a hassle.
>>
>>51855567
This is why I like opensores so much.

Software should NEVER "just werk". It needs to always be painful and require sifting through 10 several year old threads to figure out how to fix it, reading an entire documentation and waiting in related IRC until someone can finally help me fix a minor problem.
>>
By abusing their employees, they pass the savings onto you!!!
>>
>>51848529

They're too damn cheap not to. You get shit in 2 days and it costs less than if I drove to the store and picked it up myself.
>>
>>51848583
>but I'll never stop using Amazon
This.
>>
>>51855645
>By abusing their employees, they pass the savings onto you!!!

And who forced those employees to work for them? Do they not have free choice?

Protip: If you want a company to "treat employees better" stop working for them so that they're forced to pay more/treat them better in order to fill the positions.
>>
File: 1447368280288.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1447368280288.png
564 KB, 719x719
>mfw /g/ is nothing but edgy teens
>>
>>51848583

I've worked with him as a consultant and he was always extremely nice and pleasant. That said I can imagine him being a prick...

He's much shorter and more soft-spoken than I expected, especially since he spent so much time in the Texan oil fields.
>>
There are some horror stories about Amazon but there customer service is so good it's like they reinvented it. I bought a Wii a few years back from them that arrived faulty, when I informed them of this they sent out another one even before I'd started packing up the faulty one to send back. Try getting customer service this good anywhere else.
>>
>>51848529
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140124/10564825981/nsa-interception-action-tor-developers-computer-gets-mysteriously-re-routed-to-virginia.shtml
What the fuck !
>>
Amazon is so convenient though, it is the only store (except Alibaba) I know by heart because they have like everything.
>>
>>51849037
I worked for amazon for a while in shipping. It sucked, but it wasn't any fucking worse than any other warehouse job
>>
>>51848529
No, because it's international shipping rates cost me more that package itself
>>
File: 1447903567302.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447903567302.gif
2 MB, 500x500
Amazon.co.jp is so fucking good I'll never stop using them. Not only are they one of the consistently cheapest online stores but they've got their hands in all the domestic logistics companies' pockets firmly wrapped around their collective dicks, making sure you'll have your order delivered on the door within 24 hours. If you use the express shipping option it'll arrive the same day as long as you order before 10 in the morning. You can either try competing with this speed or fuck off
>>
>>51856346
>within 24 hours
Sure, if you live in Japan.
>>
>>51856346

I just ordered some shit from Amazon jp a few minutes ago.

Will most likely arrive before noon tomorrow, and I am in a small city.
>>
>>51848529
>Sell almost everything imaginable
>Guaranteed free 2-3 day delivery on Amazon fufilled orders
>Amazing customer services
>Amazon is the cheapest place to buy something most of the time
If anything they're pretty based.
>>
>>51856755
That's how they buy your favor.
You tell them "I want this stuff."
They send it to you.
Box of Amazon joy shows up on your doorstep in a few days.

And the beautiful thing for them? They didn't have to buy your favor. You paid for it.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.