[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ ct.aspx?Item=N82E1688328
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1306872577931.jpg (12 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
1306872577931.jpg
12 KB, 344x345
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883282708

I know fuck all about computers. Tell me why I shouldn't buy this.
>>
Because you know fuck all about computers.
>>
no fuck you
we don't care if you get gouged
>>
>>51845809
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883282708
prebuilt. eeewww.

Build your own dude.
>>
>>51845809
Obvious bait.
/b/ is that way ----->
Maybe the kiddies over there will fall for your faggotry.
>>
>>51845809
>not building your own.
>>
>>51845809
Because for the same price you can get a Z400 from Ebay instead.
>>
>>51846097
>we
Why are you talking for all of /g/
Get your gay, hivemind, uncool shit outta here

Depends on what you're gunna do with it op
>>
honestly it looks like a good deal for 250 bucks

>i5
>2tb
>8 gigaroonies of RAM
>winblows 7

if you aren't a gaymer its a solid machine for just office work
>>
>>51845809

I only buy refurbished business class computers. However, I would only recommend this one to somebody who needs or wants a small form factor computer. It's best to avoid the design compromises of a smaller computer if they are not necessary for you.
>>
>>51845809
It's prebuilt and that is considered disgusting in these parts. Even if it somehow was good. This is a decent enough computer for office work, but don't expect to be gaming much with Intel HD Graphics.
Buy another graphics card for your vidja gaymen. Also get a SSD even just 150 GB or something for your OS and apps/games you expect to use a lot. HDD should only be used for storage and not regular use.

But I would only buy if it did not void my warranty to add extra stuff, check that out first. You can possibly get a better computer with your money. Next time just brag. Go: "This is the best budget desktop under $300, prove me wrong. Hint: you can't" and then you get lots of nerds showing you how that computer is shit and how THIS other computer is better and cheaper.
>>
>>51847213

s/hint/protip

also good memes

"there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who ...."

"Daily reminder that if you $VARIABLE you are a waste of space and should be retroactively aborted"

">CURRENT YEAR >Not using $VARIABLE

So what's your excuse, /g/?"
>>
Seems good to me. No dedicated GPU though. Nor a screen. Idk how much that other hardware would cost on its own though.

also el oh el at thinking getting windows 7 or any other OS is an advantage when you can torrent it and download it yourself
>>
>>51847213
You can play CSGO and Borderlands 2 with decent FPS on intel HD graphics
>>
>>51845809
>>51847413

Its a first gen i5. That's a 5 year old CPU. Nehalem and westmere parts are cheap as fuck these days used. You could probably build an i7-920 based comp for less than $200 with used parts from craigslist or ebay.

That said, the build isn't necessary bad value, the major downside of a pre-build is the case and PSU. The PSU is probably designed to barely have enough power to power the components as is, leaving little head room for upgrades or a discrete GPU. The case is likely very hard to service or install / replace components.
>>
>>51847413
You can? I just assumed it was shit because I had trouble with games on intel HD graphics before.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.