[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi all i have Kali Linux OS. is there a command to to get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kali0.png (165 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
kali0.png
165 KB, 1024x576
hi all i have Kali Linux OS. is there a command to to get the wifi out of monitor mode so im able to use the web??
>>
>>51843685
man iwconfig
>>
so to start monitor mode - airmon-ng start wlan0
to end monitor mode - iwconfig??
>>
>>51843685
to turn on you do "sudo iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor"
to turn off you do "iwconfig wlan0 mode managed"
>>
>>51843844
sudo if you're not root. But you use Kali, so you're probably only using a root account, right?
>>
ye root acount... how do i set up sudo as i now thats admin accout...
>>
>>51843917
Why? You're using root. That is the admin account of admin accounts. If you create a normal account (non-root), then you'd want to set up sudo, but you are root, so...
>>
>>51843917
why is someone like you even using Kali?
>>
>>51843685
airmon-ng stop mon0
>>
ok so root is admin and sudo is guest..
when i try do hack my sis in laws wifi it say can not associate with the bssid name any advis.. get 4way hand shake.. i use reaver but still learning
>>
Why don't you just go to aircrack-ng's site? They have a tutorial that goes over all of this. It is even bookmarked by default.

Alternatively, if you REALLY want to learn the ins and outs of Kali, just take a few Kali classes. Some of which are very good. Some have even been ripped and are available for free streaming or download. Even on JewTube.
>>
>>51844161
not exactly but yes... root = admin.
>>
>>51844051
Because he thinks he's a l33t hax0r
>>
Kali gives you super powers. Any old Linux distro does the same thing, only Kali has a collection of pentest applications by default.
>>
i am not a hacker... my mate installed kali as a joke to piss me off as he nos i dont no how to use it.. and the laptop dont have a cd drive so i can not reinstall win7pro.. but thanks all for you help much appreciated
>>
>>51844342
"Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is hacking."
- Richard Stallman.
>>
>>51844342
Virtual box and live USB of winblows.
Problem solved
>>
>>51844342
Why don't you just create a bootable windows USB stick to install?
>>
i am downloading win7 on my other pc but internet down so just waiting
>>
>>51843685
sudo rm -rf /
>>
>>51844051

>>51844161
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.