[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hybrid Laptops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: yoga-900.jpg (133 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
yoga-900.jpg
133 KB, 750x422
Anyone own a hybrid laptop? How often do you use the non-laptop modes? I'm debating between the XPS 13 and Yoga 900 right now and I'm wondering if the Yoga hinge is just a gimmick or if it's actually useful
>>
>>51839074
The screen on the Yoga 900 is awful.
>>
>>51839082
How so? The reviews I've read didn't mention anything negative about the screen
>>
Do yourself a favour and buy a Surface of some sort. All other PCs are poo poo
>>
>>51839074
Get a surface book. Anything else is just going to be a disappointment.
>>
>>51839095
Don't ask for actual purchase advice on /g/, everyone here is a shill.

As far as general hybrid usage, since I own a few... Honestly, the ones that flip like in OP just aren't that useful because you constantly have to be worried about shitting up the keyboard somehow, so it doesn't feel comfortable using it like a normal tablet. Only kind I found I use both modes a lot is those where the keyboard is completely detachable.

For those, it's extremely useful, because you get 100% of the benefits of a tablet and a laptop, plus in many of them the base/dock will have an additional battery, ports, etc., even to the point of having more than a comparable laptop.
>>
>Hybrid
>>/trash/
>>
>>51839074
I have the XPS 13 and the Yoga 2

Honestly I love them. I like the way the screen flips on the Lenovo alot.more cause I'll accidentally rotate the screen on the XPS by touching the screen.

But they are really comfy to be in bed with or on the go,

The only con about the Lenovo is that the keyboard is left exposed as the "back of the tablet" it doesn't input anything when in tablet mode but i still feel like I'm messing something up

I just use my XPS more because it has a nicer screen.
>>
>>51839074
Depends what you're using it for, personally I read manga and books, watch anime and programs so I get a fair bit of use out of it. Just think a about what use you'll really get out of it.
>>
Own one since 2012. Literally never.
>>
>>51839110
Surface are pure shit m8
>>
File: 1436641056588.jpg (14 KB, 249x228) Image search: [Google]
1436641056588.jpg
14 KB, 249x228
>>51840542
which XPS model?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.