[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compare these two images. Which would you prefer? The one on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Compare these two images. Which would you prefer?

The one on the right is higher res but you notice a lot of ringing. The other one blurs it out better, but isn't as sharp.

This isn't really a personal question about me, just curious as to whether you guys find a blurry lower-res RIP more appealing than one with ringing up the ass.
>>
>>51837817
Right, Left is janky as hell.
>>
Right.
>>
>>51837817
they're both shit
>>
>>51837817
Right.
>>
>>51837817
Left as I'm assuming that's closer to the source and I really fucking hate blurry shit. The left also isn't overcropped.
>>
>grown man watching Ninja Turtles

Stop letting Michael Bay meme you, boy
>>
>>51837817
Left cause right is blurry as fuck
>>
>which do you prefer, the file with more information/quality or less
>>51837817
left

at least the artifacts are crisp instead of the blurred mess on the right
>>
>>51837926
It's fun to watch sometimes

The one on the right has the same problems, it's just been blurred. ANd you end up losing less detail. Look at the trees, and I'm sure there are less subtle examples than that.

You can't notice the problems with the one on the left unless you stare upclose and autistically at your screen, to be honest.
>>
none
they have bluray remasters
>>
I'd choose the one on the right. The introduction of artefacts is more annoying than a loss of sharpness.

The one on the left looks like it can be fixed by using a decomb filter during encode.
>>
Left because I hate blurry shit
>>
Middle one
>>
Left, right is so blurry my eyes hurt.
>>
i have to see it in motion
>>
>>51837817
Left. Right makes eyes hurt as another anon pointed out. Artefacts are just as noticeable in both.
>>
Left.

Right image looks like you smeared vaseline over it.
>>
>>51837817
His hand is different in each image
>>
>>51837817
Left is from a higher quality source, but somebody fucked up the deinterlace and there's no way to fix it. Right is better.
>>
people saying left forget that it was made to play in shitty crt TVs, right is actually closer to the original experience
>>
>>51837996
>they have bluray remasters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%281987_TV_series%29#Home_video_releases
>>
>>51839296
>people saying left forget that it was made to play in shitty crt TVs, right is actually closer to the original experience

This. It was never intended to look like it does on the left.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.