[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help hard drive clicking and won't boot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 20151212_212305.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151212_212305.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Hard drive is clicking and wouldn't boot. I got it to boot, what do next? I'm a tard without backups. How can I clone drive?
>>
Magnets
>>
>>51834749
>needing help
Install gentoo
>>
Buy a new drive. RIP
>>
>>51834749
get some cloning spftware and copy all that is salvagable. your only help
>>
It's dead, jim.
>>
I managed to get it to boot, opened some of the critical files and they open and are not corrupted. I'm using the windows 7 image creator right now. What else should I do?

I meant to make this hours ago, but it seems my phone just posted this. Thanks guys.
>>
Halp? Any other advice?

I'm a retard.

On the flip side, recover seems to be working, and this taught me the value of backups without data loss so far.
>>
SEND THE FUCKER TO DATA RECOVERY SO THEY CAN UPLOAD YOUR DATA TO THE NSA DATABASE ITS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD FRIEND SORRY MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE BACKED UP YOUR DATA GEHEHE
>>
>>51834749
move ur shit off the drive asap m8 chances are it's going to seize up soon and never boot again
>>
File: 14499982437281687274337.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
14499982437281687274337.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>51837505
I tried calling the nsa, they wanted to talk about the book I just bought. Pic related. Shat bricks and hung up

What's a plan b after the win 7 image?
>>
>>51837537
this
i took a long timesalvaging data and only managed to copy few folders
>>
So I'm trying to install the restore on a different pc on a different hard drive.

Am I going to have to use the original pc with a new hard drive?

Why won't it let me do this?

What do?

I'm going from a 500 gig hard drive to a 1 tb drive for the restore and then another 500 gig hard drive as the boot drive.

WTF windows.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.