[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tried to go bowling with my friends tonight >bowling alley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: 1436743373257.gif (2 MB, 250x142) Image search: [Google]
1436743373257.gif
2 MB, 250x142
>tried to go bowling with my friends tonight
>bowling alley staff wouldn't provide the pinsetter's source code
>they don't even have access to the pinsetter's source code
>tfw the botnet wants to go bowling with me
>>
>>51834481
you have a legitimate problem.
>>
>>51834514
Who wouldn't consider the botnet a legitimate problem?
>>
>>51834528
no, I'm just talking about how you felt the need to obtain the pinsetter's source code.
>>
This is weird. It's like, I know OP's trolling, but at the same time I know there are people out there that are actually like this.
>>
>>51834552
F-freedom is n-not a t-troll!
>>
>>51834552
The only person I can actually imagine openly and vehemently objecting to bowling with proprietary pinsetter software is Stallman.
>>
>>51834593
Stallman actually wouldn't object actually; he'd consider it a circuit at best, and at worst it's not his pinsetter so it's not his problem
>>
>>51834481
>Go to bowling ally
>They don't give me the recipe on how to make my own bowling pins
>They look phallic and are oppressive
>They're spraying toxic gas in the rental shoes
>There's a group of furries trying to put the pins and bowling balls in each others butts
>A group of muslims who dressed their women up as black bowling pins say it's not kosher and start shooting up the place in an attempt to kill the furries
>This was all done via non-free software
Fucking botnet ruining my play dates.
>>
File: CNhxD48UsAAVZAN.png (158 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
CNhxD48UsAAVZAN.png
158 KB, 600x385
>>51834614
> and at worst it's not his pinsetter so it's not his problem
Nope, pic related.
>>
>>51834551
Yes, this was the problem. They couldn't do it, so there was the problem.
>>
>>51834696
See https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
Scroll down to Untangling the SaaSS Issue from the Proprietary Software Issue
and read up the rest of the article anyway. If you don't own the machine, it doesn't have to be free for you.
>>
>>51834481
>>
>>51834755
Does watching Netflix on someone else's machine not count as the same thing then, or did Stallman just forget his own principles when writing that email?
>>
Seek professional help bro you cant eat you cant go bowling you cant make phone calls
>>
>>51834696
What is it with Stallman and birds? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>51834696
How the fuck does one man manage to out creep everyone on 4chan lime this
>>
>>51834775
Netflix is such an affront to freedom that he refuses to be a party in its use. Netflix is much worse than nonfree bowling apparati.
>>
File: skate or dont.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
skate or dont.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>51834828
Presumably the email he was replying to made some reference to this: https://www.stallman.org/articles/extreme.html

>>51834866
He doesn't creep me out. You damn lightweight.

>>51834481
Did you at least get to eat pizza there?
>>
>>51834696
He's such a beautiful man. I love this guy to death.
>>
File: kitten_says_gtfo.jpg (79 KB, 960x750) Image search: [Google]
kitten_says_gtfo.jpg
79 KB, 960x750
>>51834866
>>
File: bundamba bowling alley.jpg (25 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
bundamba bowling alley.jpg
25 KB, 500x478
>>51834481
>tfw the local bowling alley flooded 5 years ago
>tfw they couldn't afford to fix it
>tfw it's a scooby doo abandoned building now

I didn't realise how much I would miss bowling until it went away.
>>
File: 1449975483969.jpg (63 KB, 455x468) Image search: [Google]
1449975483969.jpg
63 KB, 455x468
>>51834696
>>
>>51834696
>>51834775
>Streamingmedia dis-services such as Netflix and Spotify require nonfree client programs that impose digital restrictions mechanisms (DRM) intended to stop the user from saving a copy of the data being streamed through her own computer. You should never use DRM that you can't break, so you should not use these dis-services unless you can break their DRM.

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such an affront to freedom that I could not be party to its use under any circumstances whatsoever.

>These streaming dis-services are malicious technology designed to make people antisocial. (If you don't have a copy, you can't share copies.) Rejecting them is of the highest ethical priority.

>Out, out, damned Spotify! Flick off, Netflix!

https://www.stallman.org/stallman-computing.html#streaming

Sometimes I get mad when someone calls free software a cult but then I remember times like these when we're arguing over what freedom means and pointing to the writings of St. iGNUcius as though he were the final word on this
>>
>>51834696
that is super cute

especially this:
>The bird could perch on a sofa or on my hand, and I would stroke its feathers however it wishes.
that's so moe~

also, I love how Stallman actually responds to most emails
>>
File: a cry of pain in the night.png (8 KB, 342x84) Image search: [Google]
a cry of pain in the night.png
8 KB, 342x84
>>51835219
>times like these when we're arguing over what freedom means and pointing to the writings of St. iGNUcius as though he were the final word on this
[A reasonable person might argue that] Stallman isn't 100% correct on all issues of software freedom, but he's correct enough and well-regarded enough for it to be valuable for us all to standardize on his viewpoints.

>>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such an affront to freedom that I could not be party to its use under any circumstances whatsoever.
>tfw you ask Richard Stallman to Netflix and chill and he turns you down stone cold.
>>
B-bump...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.