[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mpv/ - beats mpc-hc, madvr, mpdn and all other players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: mpv_512x512.png (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mpv_512x512.png
24 KB, 512x512
> Download links for mpv.
- https://mpv.srsfckn.biz/mpv-i686-latest.7z
- https://mpv.srsfckn.biz/mpv-x86_64-latest.7z
- https://bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-for-windows/downloads

> Download links for baka-mplayer, the best mpv based gui player.
- http://bakamplayer.u8sand.net/Baka.MPlayer.32-bit.zip
- http://bakamplayer.u8sand.net/Baka.MPlayer.64-bit.zip

> Download link for youtube-dl.
- https://yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl.exe

> Useful lua scripts for mpv.
- https://github.com/argon-/mpv-stats
- https://github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/tree/master/autospeed
- https://github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/tree/master/autospeedwin

> Sharpen pixel shaders.
- https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#pixel-shaders

> High configuration, needs a good graphic card.
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:scale-antiring=0.8:cscale-antiring=0.9
hwdec=no

> Nnedi3 configuration, needs a very good graphic card.
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:prescale=nnedi3:nnedi3-neurons=64:scale-antiring=0.8:cscale-antiring=0.9
hwdec=no
>>
File: plex_512x512.png (27 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
plex_512x512.png
27 KB, 512x512
For home theater addicts, just check the new plex and forget kodi and other shits.
It uses mpv as internal player and that's truly awesome.
https://github.com/plexinc/plex-media-player
>>
>>51828733
i used to like mpv, but now seeing the direction changes it's taking i don't trust it any more.

i've not bothered to install it on my new box, and don't plan to either.
>>
>>51828797
>but now seeing the direction changes it's taking i don't trust it any more.
What do you mean?
>>
File: logo.png (3 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
3 KB, 375x375
Why not emby theater?
- Its developers are dumbass saying "coming soon" all the time.
- Will be available only on windows.
- Use the fucking deprecated directshow infrastructure.
>>
>>51828797
The windows support?
>>
placebo the player
>>
Why a mpv general threads a thing? What investment does /g/ have in it?
>>
>>51828825
who in their right mind uses emby theatre and not Emby as a server side backend and Kodi as a frontend?
>>
File: Capture.png (20 KB, 1018x497) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20 KB, 1018x497
This config good?
>>
>>51828919
None, we just like discussing our favorite video player. Feel free to leave if you're not actually interested in MPV.
>>
>>51828784
>Jew botnet player
I'd rather wait for mpv integration on kodi or keep using mpc
>>
970 can use nnedi3, yes?
>>
>>51828978
>discussing a fucking video player daily
>>
>>51829031
They have to. None of them can configure it on their own.
>>
I have a folder that has songs in it

mpv *
plays files by song name, not metadata. This means songs are not played from first to last. However, metadata is included in the files, meaning that a proper music player plays them from first to last as ought to.

How do I make it work with mpv?
>>
>>51829031
It's a popular project with hot development and a lot of new developments constantly happening. There's always stuff to talk about.

Like I said, if you're not actually interested in discussing mpv you can feel free to leave the thread. Nobody's forcing you to post here.

>>51829041
But there's a manual on the mpv website that gets updated daily.
>>
I use mpv as my video player and I've never done any configuration. Am I a cunt?
>>
>>51829067
>updated daily.
>Meaning even the devs can't figure out how to write a configuration for it
>>
Why is this better than VLC?

I usually like VLC over MPC except I cant go back frame by frame, and sometimes I get these green/red color block artifacts for many seconds after seeking to a new spot in the video with VLC.

So now I just use vlc when mpc wont play it.

Mpc shows double icons of ffdshow on the bottom right..not sure why. Like two ffdshow video icons in my taskbar.

I think some flv videos take forever to seek forward not sure if this is avoidable without re-encoding...
>>
>>51829110
But the developers are the ones who implement the new features or changes, so they'll know of, and how to configure the new features before updating the manual.
>>
File: screenshot.png (2 MB, 1899x780) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
2 MB, 1899x780
which looks best and what player are you using
>>
>>51829012
I'm using it on MPC-HC.
>>
>>51829134
>doing a side by side comparison on what is effectively two 480p images

Excellent work Rajesh. Praise YIFY!
>>
>>51829134
can't tell a difference at all
>>
There is no guide for using this shit with baka mplayer or yt-dl. Do I just put the MPV files in the MPV folder for Baka MPlayer, same with the latest youtube-dl.exe?
>>
>>51829134
>tfw I can not tell a difference
maybe the left one looks a tiny bit more saturated.
>>
File: citation_needed.jpg (39 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
citation_needed.jpg
39 KB, 300x190
>beats mpc-hc, madvr, mpdn and all other players

In b4: because it's FOSS
>>
>>51829213
Most lightweight.

Most features.

Most customization.

Best OOTB.

Cleanest interface.

Best quality.

And of course, it's FOSS baby.
>>
>>51829272
>Linux users have no other choice so it must be the best!
>>
How the fuck do I set videos to open with Baka MPlayer instead of MPV?
>>
>>51829297
It's rather impressive that you managed to reach this unrelated conclusion based on the post you replied too. It's extraordinary really. It's as if you weren't expecting a challenge to your previous post, so at the first sighting or any combative reply you automatically translated the challenge into something completely different than what it actually was, and instead replied to that imaginary post you made up in your head.
>>
File: mpc-be.resize.webm (2 MB, 518x324) Image search: [Google]
mpc-be.resize.webm
2 MB, 518x324
>>51829213
I'm primarily a Windows user and I actually prefer OSS portable solutions since I do use other operating systems while out of town and I don't want to have to configure 2 or more pieces of software if I can just have one that works the same way everywhere. I couldn't care less about the F part just the OSS and portable part, mpc is also open but it hasn't been ported to other systems to my knowledge so even if I spend time configuring it the way I want, I lose that when I move to another OS. I'll take familiarity and uniformaty over other things so long as it's still a practical alternative, mpv is only missing one feature that I used in mpc that could very well be implemented sometime by someone, maybe even me so there's no negative side to switching for me personally.
(The thing I'm talking about is this thumbnail thing)

/blog
>>
>>51829346
>deflecting this hard
>>
File: nizH8mt.gif (4 MB, 345x191) Image search: [Google]
nizH8mt.gif
4 MB, 345x191
>>51829051
Stop arguing meanlessly and answer my question. It's ridiculous to see everyone shilling for mpv while this problem remains unsolved.
>>
>>51829297
nice meme friendo! :^)
>>
File: bender.jpg (29 KB, 225x235) Image search: [Google]
bender.jpg
29 KB, 225x235
>>51829272
>Most lightweight.

Maybe. But vanilla MPC-HC isn't what I'd call bloated either

>Most features.

Kinda retracts your first point. Also they can be added to MPC-HC by codecs if it doesn't already have it natively

>Most customization.

Same as MPC-HC I think, only difference is you do it editing text-files instead of an GUI

>Cleanest interface.

Because it has none, right?

>Best quality.

Again same quality as MPC, I think madvr still delivers better quality than what you can do with madvr but I could be wrong. They're pretty much equal quality-wise

>And of course, it's FOSS baby.

Doesn't make the software itself or what it's supposed to do "better".

My point still stands, it's FOSS but that doesn't automatically make it superior
>>
in what way is mpv better then mpc-hc or vlc?
>>
File: picard thing.png (50 KB, 695x576) Image search: [Google]
picard thing.png
50 KB, 695x576
>>51829051
>>51829417
I am sure there's some way you could load the playlist then reorder it with a script automatically but I beg you to properly name and sort your music files in the filesystem too. I suggest you take a program that reads metadata and sorts them for you like musicbrainz picard. Take my shitty image I made for a friend.
>>
>>51829126
>VLC
slow as fuck
>>
So what makes mpv so good? Why should I switch to mpv when I'm using an optimally tweaked madVR?
>>
>>51829383
>deflecting this hard
>>
File: bender_arrogant.png (158 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bender_arrogant.png
158 KB, 640x480
>>51829459
>I think madvr still delivers better quality than what you can do with madvr but I could be wrong.

Meant "what you can do with mpv"
>>
>>51829459
>Because it has none, right?

It has OSD, which is far cleaner than the disgusting Windows 95-tier interface of VLC/MPC.

>Again same quality as MPC, I think madvr still delivers better quality than what you can do with madvr but I could be wrong. They're pretty much equal quality-wise

Madshit is outdated. MPV is on the bleeding edge of video scaling.
>>
>>51829461
It's better at having retarded keybinds
It's better at not showing you chapter names
It's better at giving you not just one, but two OSDs that get in the way of watching your video
It's better at breaking on ordered chapters
It's infinitely better at needing a 24/7 help thread just to be able to run it.
>>
>using communist software
>using software written by freetards
ISHYDDT
>>
>>51829473
Thanks. I'd rename them, but that would opt out seeding. I think I'll go with .m3u playlists or something.
>>
>>51828733
>no horizontal sync
>>
>>51829459
Lightweight and feature-full are not mutually exclusive, it's a matter of implementation. I could write a program and implement a feature so poorly that it becomes huge, depends on many libraries, and is slow as shit or implement the same feature more cleanly without all those issues.

"bloat" typically means full of features you're not going to use at a big cost, I feel like most features mpv has are necessary and well implemented so there's no actual downside to having them. Some could maybe argue otherwise.
>>
>>51829134
rook same
>>
>>51829592
I know that pain, I was writing something that would automatically symlink my torrented music to my music directory so that I could rename the symlinks and still seed so long as I don't fuck with the metadata.

I never finished it though and I wrote it when I didn't know dick about good design so I'd have to start over.
>>
>>51829143
Videos lag horribly using nnedi3 on mpv with my 970.
>>
if I have lumasharpen.glsl in the same directory as ~/mpv/mpv.conf, is this all I need to add to my vo line
post-shaders=lumasharpen.glsl
?
>>
>>51828825
>emby theater?
Didn't even know it was a thing.
>>
File: sides.jpg (584 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
sides.jpg
584 KB, 3840x2160
>>51829041
>>
>>51828733
just curious, if this uses the GPU, does it somehow benefit from SLI?
>>
>>51830356
>cinealta 4k
>3840
smfh
>>
>>51829853
post-shaders=~~/lumasharpen.glsl
>>
Dumbass alert -- how do i use youtube-dl with MPV?
>>
>>51829134
Left one looks like MPC with MadVR. The right one might be mpv, I don't know because I never used it
>>
>>51829272
MPV is worst than a full KCP install of MPC in both video quality and audio quality.

Actually, how do you get bit perfect audio on Linux?
>>
>>51831282
>KCP
>bit perfect audio
Damn you kids are fucking retarded.
>>
Can I set up mpv to have a key that would save the current video time to clipboard?
>>
When will the mpv dev super master create a scaler better nnedi3?
When will madshi create better sharpeners?
When will madshi enable image doubling for videos with same resolution as monitor one?
When will haasn credit madshi for his smoothmotion feature?
>>
>>51831146
linux - have it installed, windows - download youtube-dl.exe and put it in the same folder as mpv.exe i think.
>>
>>51831146
I'm on W10 and I just put it (youtube-dl.exe) in the same directory as mpv.exe
>>
>>51828733
lol
>>
>>51828733
mpv is so fucking fast at seeking. I'm trying out smplayer as a frontend (mpv backend) and its seeking is slow.
It always does a small pause before picking up video playback again whereas mpv nearly instantaneously begins playing again whether I seek forward or backwards.
Can I change some settings in the preferences or is this just how smplayer works?
>>
>>51829459
>More customization

MPV lets you easily write lua scripts.
It's pretty handy.
As far as I know, MPC doesn't have this kind of customization.
>>
>>51829563
You weren't here when it was tweaking mpc-hc/mplayer threads?
Whatever the current cool video player is, will always get threads for tweaking.
>>
>>51832360
i think it can be done in mpdn, not sure though haven't used it
>>
>>51828733
>/mpv/ - beats mpc-hc, madvr, mpdn and all other players
I wish these threads wouldn't start this way. Now it's full of meme arguments and angry madVR users instead of actual mpv discussion.

Anyway, if there are any actual mpv users here, you use Windows, you have had problems with judder, dropped frames or bad output with display-sync and interpolation, and you don't have Intel graphics, you should try out the --vo=opengl:backend=dxinterop option in the new builds.
>>
>>51832906
>Now it's full of meme arguments and angry madVR users instead of actual mpv discussion.

Welcome to /g/
>>
can I dim lights on MPV?
>>
>>51828784
>finally has mouse support
neat
>>
>>51829459
I switched from MPC-HC to mpv recently.
mpv has the OSC, which is as much as you'd need.
MPC-HC's UI looks like something from the 90s, it's fucking ugly.

Also it kind of sucks that you need to read a manual to configure mpv but once you get it you can just drag the entire installation to a new device and it just werks.
With MPC-HC I had to rummage through menus.
>>
gui when? i'm a normie and I don't feel like compiling shit just to change the settings
>>
>>51834636
>compiling shit just to change the settings
That's not how it works.
>>
>>51834636
>I don't feel like compiling shit just to change the settings
what
>>
>>51834668
from what I understood you have to install lua right? and you have to compile it don't you?
>>
>>51834714
No.
>>
File: 1436311289434.gif (295 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1436311289434.gif
295 KB, 150x150
>>51834636
I'm a normie too, it's really not that hard.
you don't need to be a leet hacker to use this thing.
Just read the manual that comes with it and copy the settings you want, or copy them from someone else.
Once it's set up it feels like a native player for your OS and just werks.
I was like you only a few weeks ago but after sticking with it for 10 minutes I was converted.
>>
>>51831588
and how do you play YouTube videos once you do that?
>>
>>51834833
either drag the url into the window, drag the thumbnail into the window or you can install a browser extension that automatically opens MPV with the youtube video when you press "open with mpv" from a right click context menu.
>>
>>51834833
Could just go to cmd
mpv 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmEJmRxfz80'
>>
File: 1449347967222.webm (3 MB, 1231x787) Image search: [Google]
1449347967222.webm
3 MB, 1231x787
>>51834833
>>
what's the keybinds to change audio track & subtitles on mpv?
>>
>>51834857
>>51834958
>>51835000
Thanks, it worked
>>
>>51835000
gross trips
>>
lads, why does my mpv take so long to start playing a video?
>>
>>51835541
it's instant for me.
what OS, what type of video, how are you telling mpv to play the video?
>>
>>51835581
Windows 8.1

all kinds I think

Double click on the video
>>
>>51835949
try add backend=dxinterop to your vo line if you have a discrete gpu instead of intel graphics. shit opens really quickly and transitioning from fullscreen to windowed and back is smooth unlike the default backend
>>
does it still not have a UI?
>>
>>51835961
will try that, I got intel graphics 3000
>>
>>51835978
Ah, don't do that then. dxinterop doesn't work on Intel due to driver bugs (it appears to work until you resize the video too much.)
>>
>>51835974
mpv will never have a GUI, but external projects that use mpv as a backend can.
>>
>>51836140
btw, why the fuck does baka mpv suck so much, I mean, it fucking disorts the image when you're going to use the full screen toolbar.
>>
>>51836271
The real question is why are you so stupid that you use baka instead of pure mpv?
>>
I mean why do people even need a UI. All you need a video player to do is play a video and go fullscreen.

With standard keybinds you shouldn't ever need a UI.
>>
who vlc here?
>>
>>51836300
because as I was saying above, it fucking takes ages to load a video
>>
>>51836324
Vlc is for women and homosexuals
>>
>>51836329
How does it take ages to open a video? It opens instantly for me. I moved from mpc-hc to mpv and I am staying on mpv.
>>
>>51836329
Ages to load a video? How old is your CPU
>>
>>51836343
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST GOOOD FOR YOU!!! but not for me
>>51836347
I got this one
http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-probook-4330s-13-3-core-i3-2310m-windows-7-pro-64-bit-4-gb-ram-320-gb-hdd-series/specs/

yeah, it's obviously my laptop's fault that mpv performs like shit in it
>>
I have ytdl enabled and use it to watch videos in mpv with 'open with' in firefox. Can I bind a command in mpv to save the video so I don't have to run ytdl by itself?

Also, if I open an audio file with mpv there is no player and I have to end the process from task manager to stop it playing. Is there an option to show the player for audio?
>>
>>51836377
I'd imagine baka would take more time than mpv, but the problem is that shitty hdd.

Don't know why it doesn't affect baka and co.
Probably also a windows issue.
>>
>>51836953
hdd? the hard disk? doesn't happen with other players
>>
>>51835541
>>51836329
Run
mpv --log-file=log.txt
and pastebin the log.
>>
>>51836983
That's strange, but the hard disk should be the main bottle neck.
Probably a windows issue then, I'm running mpv on ubuntu, with all my videos on a 5400 rpm network drive, and it still opens within a second.
>>
>>51837015
if it's a windows problem why does it happen with mpv only?

I ruled out hdd because it happens in different HDDs, both internal and external, one of them usb 3.0

I will do the log file thing
>>
>>51837052
A windows problem with mpv in particular, which is mainly a unix program.

In other words, works on my (unix) machines....
>>
>>51837075
so it's a build problem then
>>
>>51837096
Or an issue with the windows version of one of the libraries, or something unrelated.

I wouldn't say build issue, I'd say porting issue.
>>
>>51837104
yeah, it's never a "mpv is shit" issue
>>
>>51837104
could be a RAM problem?
>>
>>51837111
It's more a windows is shit, and porting all these these libraries made on unix to it is a pain, so they get done half assed, since none of the devs really care about windows.

As I said, it opens stuff up in a second on my mounted network drive, across my laptop, and desktop.
And the laptop is over wireless.

>>51837123
I imagine that'd cause crashes, not slow to open.
>>
hussain, do you reccomend the use of nnedi3?
>>
>>51837136
then I will stick with baka mpv, because the real thing fails miserably
>>
MPC-HC MASTER RACE

dirty mpv peasants
>>
madvr is dead, madshi doesn't want to waste his time anymore
it's your fault fucking freetards, just go to hell
>>
File: 1448331407595.gif (1 MB, 245x145) Image search: [Google]
1448331407595.gif
1 MB, 245x145
>>51837481
>>51837663
ok
>>
>>51837663
Hilarious if true.

It's probably not though. madshi still has to kek you guys over by releasing the premium edition of madVR.
>>
kinda unrelated question:

are fansubs still encoding with MeGui or is there a better guy around?
>>
>>51837819
MeGUI is comfy.
>>
>>51828784
But can I use it so my dad can stream online shit like with TVaddons?
>>
>>51837847
yes it is, but back in my day when I was encoding shit, some patrician faggot I worked with started using just x264 in CLI. is there any advantage to that or that idiot just wanted to look cooler?
>>
File: 28-weeks-later.jpg (31 KB, 228x243) Image search: [Google]
28-weeks-later.jpg
31 KB, 228x243
>no ui
>>
Is there any 8/10 bit to 12+ conversion?
>>
>>51828733
Stop worshiping false idols. MPC-HC and Foobar2000 are the only true gods.
>>
>>51837819
I'm not all that familiar with what fansubbers do, but I doubt anyone worth their salt would encode with a GUI, especially one for fucking MEncoder. Just use ffmpeg, x264-10bit and mkvmerge on the command line.

>>51837870
Well, MeGUI is just a frontend for those things, so the only reason you'd use it is if you couldn't just use the command line directly, and command line software isn't that hard to learn. Also, with GUI frontends like that, you'd have to wait for the option to be added to the GUI to be able to use any new features, and the amount of batch processing you'd be able to do would be limited by whatever anemic GUI it had for it, if any.
>>
>>51837915
CUIs are UIs.
>>
>>51837870
The CLI can often times be faster, especially when working with files.

I've seen some wizards man.
>>
>>51837925
I find 8bit better than 10bit because you gain space but reduce compatibility, for instance, I can't play 10bit files in my Pi, and space being incredibly cheap as it is these days, I'd rather have a more compatible file than a smaller one.
>>
>>51837951
and where can I find tutorials for that? specially for ffmpeg
>>
>>51837972
Just don't watch shit on devices that can't play 10-bit. Even my phone can do 10-bit 720p. Why would you use a dedicated movie playing device that is less good at playing movies than your computer or phone?
>>
>>51837870
No, there's no benefit in using the CLI.
>>
>>51837992
because that's what I use for a media center.
>>
>>51837992
also again, 8bit has better compatibility and it doesn't take that much space. it's the same shit the fansub community did when ordered chapters were created. they jumped on the bandwagon and screwed everyone with that shit.
>>
>>51838009
A beat up second-hand PC or your phone with an MHL cable would be a better media centre than a RasPi.
>>
>>51837986
To become a cli file wizard?
Experience, and google to get started.

For ffmpeg?
man ffmpeg
>>
>>51837986
The FFmpeg website.
>>
>>51837925
>ffmpeg
Enjoy your shit AAC.

>>51837925
you'd have to wait for the option to be added to the GUI to be able to use any new features

MeGUI allows you to specify a custom command line.
There's no reason not to use MeGUI. CLI leaves you open to forgetting settings because a blank entering the default doesn't remind you there's a setting there, and the error reporting is laughable.
>>
>>51838026
I don't know about you, but I have absolutely no sympathy for people who don't keep up with the latest video playback software. You see this shit all the time on public trackers, people demanding 800MB SD Xvid rips for their hardware DVD players, people demanding [email protected], 8-bit H.264 muxed in .mp4 for their PS3s and Smart TVs, people railing against Matroska like its some conspiracy to force them to buy decent hardware. It's not that hard to build a decent media center than can handle all this crap.
>>
Anyway, why are we talking encoding in the mpv thread? mpv fags don't watch videos, they spend all their time between trying to configure their shit player and shilling it.
>>
>>51838095
It's literally a single config file that I drop between boxes, rather than having to play around in a gui/find where that gui stores its settings.

You can copy the config from the top of the thread, and be good if you want.
>>
>>51838071
>>ffmpeg
>Enjoy your shit AAC.
Keep up with the times, senpai. ffmpeg's AAC is good now. Also, anyone half-decent should be using ffmpeg's libfdk-aac support, which is just as good as Nero and qaac.

>>51838095
If they're anything like me, mpv fags also spend all their time making sure their encoding software is up to date, even though they never encode anything.
>>
File: 1344437299559.jpg (86 KB, 634x385) Image search: [Google]
1344437299559.jpg
86 KB, 634x385
>>51831500
>Can I set up mpv to have a key that would save the current video time to clipboard?
>>
>>51838114
>Spend time ensuring software is up to date
We have package managers for that now.
>>
>>51838091
it's not the same and you know it, you can't make the best possible format and pretend people to use it when there's no infrastructure and x264 8bit is no xvid shit. the difference in 8bit and 10bit is placebo level faggotry so yeah, people who give them (encoders) shit are right.
>>
>>51838125
holy shit that's sad, did he survive?
>>
>>51829309
Get out. Just... Get out. If you can't set a .exe as a default program for opening .wmv .mp4 etcetera, you don't belong here.

You are either retarded, 12, or both. You did not Google "how to set a .exe as a default program" before asking us. Seeing as to how little you know about computers I'll even hazard a guess that you have never even installed Linux of ANY sort.

In conclusion, you are a 12 year old retard who wants to have a "super sweet" media player so he can make fun of those who aren't using it.

Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>51838125
Yes, this sounds like a script though.
   local curr_percent_into = mp.get_property("percent-pos","")
local curr_time_into = mp.get_property("time-pos","")

Will get you time, and percent.

You just gotta look up how to bind that to a key, and save to lcipboard.

Then drop it in .config/mpv/scripts
>>
>>51838144
http://www.news.com.au/world/baby-elephant-stuck-in-manhole-in-thailand/story-e6frfkyi-1225760069506
>>
>>51838132
If you accidentally bought an underpowered device that relies on hardware decoding and therefore cannot be updated to handle the latest and greatest video formats, you're not going to have a good time. Even my fucking 9 year old Core 2 Duo can decode 1080p 10-bit H.264. If your media center is less capable at playing media than my 9 year old PC, you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>51838126
You have to keep up with the cool ones though. I just learnt how to use l-smash instead of MP4Box, even though I have no need for either.
>>
>>51838168
name 1 mediacenter that isn't a fucking PC or laptop that can play x264 10bit
>>
File: meme.jpg (10 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
10 KB, 200x219
>>51828733
>/mpv/ - beats mpc-hc
>>
>>51838196
You may have been scammed out of your money if you bought a dedicated 'mediacenter.' Any old PC or laptop you have lying around would do a better job for free.
>>
>>51838212
but it would be too big
>>
Is the nnedi3 config more performant on Windows? Im on an r9 390 using the open source xf86-video-ati and the nnedi3 config results in framedrops while the high config is handled easily. Not really a fan of using mpv on Windows but might give it a go if the drivers make a lot of difference.
>>
>>51838233
Why not try proprietary AMD drivers first?
>>
>>51838254
The proprietary driver breaks on kernel 4.2 and 4.3 for me and I'm forced on them due to skylake support.
>>
>>51838125
>>51838158
Ok, here you go.

function copy_to_x_clipboard(contents)
-- Copy the contents to clipboard. This requires xclip to be installed, and only works in X systems.
-- Replace the following line with any other copy to clipboard code...
os.execute("printf " .. contents .. " | xclip")
end
function copy_curr_time_to_clipboard()
--If you want to do some formatting, do it here..
copy_to_x_clipboard(curr_time_into)
end
-- Set ` to whatever...
mp.add_key_binding("`", "copy_curr_time_to_clipboard", copy_curr_time_to_clipboard)

It only copies to X clipboard though, and it outputs time in seconds, might want to add formatting....
>>
>>51838344
Oh, to use it, save it as a lua file, drop into your mpv scripts folder.
>>
>>51838227
Not an itx build.
>>
>>51838344
Replace xclip with pbcopy for OS X support.
>>
I can't manage to get 1080p playback working, even on lower settings I'm getting an assload of frame drops. I'm not on ancient hardware, even CPU decoding ought to work fine, I'm on an i5-520M (Arrandale) with Ironlake Intel HD Graphics. I'm still getting tearing, too, but that could be because I'm too dumb to disable compiz on Ubuntu.

Here's what I'm getting when I try to play a file:
[vo/opengl-hq] Could not create EGL context!
[vo/opengl-hq] Disabling linear/sigmoid scaling (GLSL version too old).
AO: [pulse] 48000Hz 5.1(side) 6ch float
VO: [opengl-hq] 1920x1080 yuv420p
AV: 00:00:35 / 00:44:39 (1%) A-V: 0.000 Dropped: 108

and here's my config
vo=opengl-hq:scaler-resizes-only:scale=spline36:cscale=oversample:swapinterval=1:deband=no:dither-depth=no:blend-subtitles=yes
>>
>>51838604
Does it work with vo=opengl?
>>
For everyone who would like a very simple gui you can use the newest gnome mpv. It even has an option to disable the new gnome3 client side decoration for everyone who does not use them.
>>
nice shill thread
>>
>>51838699
forgot pic. It also has an option to load the values from your config file
>>
>>51838344
>>51838509
Nice, thank you.

One last question, can I get 'mp.get_property' to return things in HH:MM:SS.xxx format, or would I have to do the math with Lua for that?
>>
File: terrible.png (273 KB, 314x580) Image search: [Google]
terrible.png
273 KB, 314x580
>>51838714
>>
File: lEhXwHA.png (494 KB, 636x590) Image search: [Google]
lEhXwHA.png
494 KB, 636x590
how does mpv know how to get pic related filename (mpv - Nichijou EP 09) from "[DESS]Nichijou_09_1080.BD.FLAC.Underwater-Commie_[1AF0C35F].mkv" ?
>>
>>51838800
It's embedded in the file along with chapters and such.
>>
>>51838681
It works fine with vo-opengl and no arguments. No frame drops or tearing. Shit. I figured it was defaulting to vo-opengl before I changed anything, apparently not since I was getting worse quality and performance originally.

This still happens after switching to Japanese audio with some of my anime, though it works despite flooding the terminal.
>>
>>51838761
k
>>
>>51838746
Check the mpv documentation, not sure.
I think that's what the empty string I'm passing in is for, for options just like that, so read the docs and find out.
>>
>>51838846
Yeah, I've found ffmpeg's aac decoder can be noisy on the command line, even though there are no actual audio problems.
>>
>>51838870
I just did it with Lua.

Here's what I have in the end:

function copy_to_clipboard(contents)
-- Copy the contents to clipboard. This requires xclip to be installed, and only works in X systems.

-- xclip replaced with pbcopy for OS X
os.execute("printf " .. contents .. " | pbcopy")
end

function formatTime(curr_time_into)
return string.format("%02d:%02d:%02d.%03d", math.floor(curr_time_into / 3600), math.floor( (curr_time_into % 3600) / 60), math.floor( curr_time_into % 60 ), math.floor( ( (curr_time_into % 1 ) * 1000 + 0.5) ) )
end

copy_to_clipboard(formatTime(curr_time_into))
--print the timestamp to indicate something happened
mp.osd_message(formatTime(curr_time_into))
end

-- Set ` to whatever...
mp.add_key_binding("`", "copy_curr_time_to_clipboard", copy_curr_time_to_clipboard)
>>
>>51837992
PLEX can do 10bit on any shit device.

I play 10bit videos just fine using PLEX + ChromeCast.
>>
Tell me a good reason why should i switch to mpv.
>>
>>51839598
It works nice out of the box.
>>
>>51839598
Depends, what are you coming from
>>
>>51839598
It's the only media player with 100% perfect frame timing (display-resample).
>>
>>51828784

>no Windows build

into le trash meme
>>
>>51835000
that is neat
>>
>>51834636
>download lachs0r builds, if you're on windows, or whatever build is available for your distro
>copy-paste config, or take a 10 minute read through the manual options you care about
>???

it's not that hard, anon
>>
>>51829789

same on my R9 390
nnedi3 support is a joke at least on Windows. MPC-HC has no problems like this.

Now I am not saying mpv is shit, I still prefer it over mpc. But that is just shitty
>>
Any tips for optimizing playback on a shitty computer? I don't care about losing some crispness or whatever, I just want it to stop dropping frames
>>
>>51837663
>>51837714
imagine that
>oh i am tired of working so hard for nothing, and then freetards steal my code
>i want to continue working on madvr, but this is making me mad
>so i'm releasing a premium version of madvr, so you can support me to continue developing it
>>
>>51839816
vo=opengl

if it still drops frames, throw away your computer
>>
>>51839844

Isn't OpenGL selected by default?
>>
>>51839769
nnedi3 is made in glsl, right? probably the joke that are the windows opengl drivers is the problem.
>>
>>51839848
It is. Well, as far as i know, it's one of the most basic playback options. You could also try vo=sdl, although i doubt it would make a difference.

See if your computer supports hardware decoding, if it's that shitty.
>>
>>51828784
>takes over 3 hours to build dependencies
>>
>>51839822
For the record, no one "stole his code" because no one can see his code.
>>
File: test.webm (406 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
test.webm
406 KB, 960x540
test
>>
>>51840212
i should have used a video without the grain to test but it's all cool otherwise

just need to replace os.execute with something non-blocking and get progress indicators and i'll be able to shit out webms right out of mpv

also did you know that 4chan doesn't like webm subtitle streams
>>
>>51839635
gross, bottombar default when?
>>
>>51840231
https://gist.github.com/Zehkul/25ea7ae77b30af959be0
>>
>>51840366
And here I was putting in effort.
>>
>>51839217
Can someone fix this for me? I'm not a programmer so I have no idea what the fuck I am doing, half of it is shit copied from another lua script.

It was working fine, then I changed something and now it's fucked and I can't remember what I did.

os.execute("printf " .. contents .. " | xsel -ib")
end

return string.format("%02dh%02dm%02d", math.floor(curr_time_into / 3600), math.floor( (curr_time_into % 3600) / 60), math.floor( curr_time_into % 60 ), math.floor( ( (curr_time_into % 1 ) * 1000 + 0.5) ) )
end

local path = mp.get_property("path","")

mp.observe_property("stream-open-filename", "string", function(name, value)
if (value:find("twitch.tv")) or
(value:find("ttvnw.net")) then
copy_to_clipboard(path .. "?t=" .. formatTime(curr_time_into))
elseif (value:find("youtube.com")) or
(value:find("googlevideo.com")) then
copy_to_clipboard("#t=" .. formatTime(curr_time_into))
end
end)
end

-- Set ` to whatever...
mp.add_key_binding("ctrl+C", "copy_curr_time_to_clipboard", copy_curr_time_to_clipboard)
>>
>>51841149
That bracket at the end maybe?
>>
File: mpchc-nogui.png (2 MB, 1542x965) Image search: [Google]
mpchc-nogui.png
2 MB, 1542x965
>>51829508
You mean this?
Yay, MPV confirmed for best player!
>>
>>51841198
I realized I missed out the path in the elseif part and for some reason that broke it completely

any way, here's the working version. it's for sharing youtube/twitch links with the timestamp for the part of the video you're currently at.

os.execute("printf " .. contents .. " | xsel -ib")
end

return string.format("%02dh%02dm%02d", math.floor(curr_time_into / 3600), math.floor( (curr_time_into % 3600) / 60), math.floor( curr_time_into % 60 ), math.floor( ( (curr_time_into % 1 ) * 1000 + 0.5) ) )
end

local path = mp.get_property("path","")

mp.observe_property("stream-open-filename", "string", function(name, value)
if (value:find("twitch.tv")) or
(value:find("ttvnw.net")) then
copy_to_clipboard(path .. "?t=" .. formatTime(curr_time_into))
elseif (value:find("youtube.com")) or
(value:find("googlevideo.com")) then
copy_to_clipboard(path .. "#t=" .. formatTime(curr_time_into))
end
end)
end

-- Set ` to whatever...
mp.add_key_binding("ctrl+C", "copy_curr_time_to_clipboard", copy_curr_time_to_clipboard)
>>
>>51829789
>>51839769

Try nnedi3-upload=shader option?
>>
>>51828733
Do I need to be some fucking neet sperglord monkey to have this shit work or does it work just like madvr but you faggots want to be pretend-cool and post your ebin 'codes'
>>
>>51828733
can anyone share a config for a shit PC?
>>
>>51841389
Ricing is completely unnecessary, this shit plays everything out of the box.
>>
mpv.exe cheesy.mp4
it's not that fuggin hard, dicknuggets
>>
>>51828733
[vo/opengl] The OpenGL driver does not support OpenGL 3.x
AO: [wasapi] 44100Hz stereo 2ch float
VO: [opengl] 1280x720 yuv420p
AV: 00:19:31 / 00:19:31 (99%) A-V: 0.000 Dropped: 3

What I am supposed to do with OpenGL ?
I'm on Windows x64 btw
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 189x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 189x200
>>51829475
Get off your grandmother's gateway and buy a computer that is from the past decade then, retard.
>>
>>51841528

>>
>>51842333
plays like shit, mpc+coreAVC play the video in question without issues
>>
>>51842359
how shit we talkin?
>>
>>51842392
unwatchable level
>>
>>51842422
my computer is pretty terrible and I can watch 1080p on a 1080p monitor with opengl.
>>
Has anyone successfully self compiled mpv with bs2b yet?
>>
>>51842457
well, mine doesn't do that using mpv, what do?
>>
>>51828733
What is /g/s opinion on smplayer as a wrapper with a nice UI for mpv?
>>
>>51828733
ur a joke mate
>>
>>51842480

Stick to MPC, duh
>>
>>51842555
so much for mpv beating mpc then
>>
>>51842555
on windows MPCHC was the best choice for me. on Linux, mpv is.
>>
File: pls no bully.png (18 KB, 460x378) Image search: [Google]
pls no bully.png
18 KB, 460x378
>>51842567

For me, MPC shits the bed when playing 1080p files on a 720p screen, while MPV handles them like a champ.

So whatever.
>>
>>51842614
you probably configured it wrongly
>>
>>51842712

Default config on both
>>
>>51842757
default mpc is shit so my point remains valid
>>
>>51842773

Okay
>>
What's the option to apply shaders?
>>
>>51841389
no
>>
>>51842773
Not everyone wants to spend hours configuring their media player :^)
>>
File: out.webm (726 KB, 1280x514) Image search: [Google]
out.webm
726 KB, 1280x514
:^)
>>
>>51843710
>drop video
>press q
>wow, mpv is so bad
>>
>>51843710
PATH doesn't work correctly with the .app bundle so it can't call youtube-dl or something
>>
>>51829031
>>discussing a fucking video player daily
Why the fuck not? Like most other things, it's constantly changing leaving much to discuss. Things would be pretty dead here if we were only ever allowed to discuss every subject once.
>>
>>51828733
Why is MPDN so much shit? It's really fucking bad in comparison to mpv or MPC-HC+madVR+ReClock+xy-vsfilter
>>51828784
Unfortunately Plex lacks live TV support, so no thanks
>>
File: open with.webm (2 MB, 1378x768) Image search: [Google]
open with.webm
2 MB, 1378x768
>>51843710
works fine on gahnoo plus loonux
>>
>>51828825
It's nice if you're invested in the Emby enviroment, but there's Kodi with DSPlayer and the Emby plugin which are better at everything
>>51831553
>When will the mpv dev super master create a scaler better nnedi3?
Never, the dev doesn't create video scalers, he implements them
>When will madshi create better sharpeners?
Never, madshi has only shamelessly copied sharpeners from the doom9 community
>When will madshi enable image doubling for videos with same resolution as monitor one?
Hasn't this always been possible? Why would you want that anyways
>When will haasn credit madshi for his smoothmotion feature?
Never since madshi didn't invent it and it's pretty different the implementation from haasn
>>
>>51844058
>Never, the dev doesn't create video scalers, he steals them from madshi
FTFY
>>
>>51832906
Does dxinterop degrade image quality?
>>
>>51839822
He actually had the intent of selling a premium version of madVR years ago, wonder what happened to that
>>
>>51843710
Works fine for me. You even downloaded youtbe-dl?
>>
>>51838196
Pretty much any recent chink Android box
>>
>>51839345
That's because Plex transcodes shit that can't be played on other devices
>>
>>51842359
There's literally no reason to use CoreAVC since 2011, worse it can't even into 10 bit
FFMpeg it's better at everything
>>
>>51841783
It means your GPU it's pretty old
It should still werk though, if not you can try --vo=direct3d
>>51842472
I just use hrtf
>>51844073
madshi stole NNEDI3 from SET and the other guy who rewrote it in OpenCL
>>
>>51844239
>hrtf
So you have a self compiled build? How did you get the mpv toolchain to find the hrtf dependencies?
>>
>>51844283
I'm still on a pretty old build, from August, it's the lasch0r's build, it had hrtf included
Nowadays hrtf is used through lavfi, I tried it on a compile from October and it werked just fine
>>
>>51844239
Last time I tried hrtf it just made everything sound like tinny shit
>>
>>51844129
Yeah I installed it thru Homebrew. It's in my $PATH. Do I need to link it somewhere?
>>
>>51844531
bs2b is better

>>51844328
>lavfi
Yeah the syntax is something like this right? I have tried this for bs2b and it doesn't work. The filters are not compiled from ffmpeg.

--af=lavfi=[hrtf=]
>>
>>51828733
>
hwdec=no

Why not use hw decoding?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.