[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I’m hoping Donald Trump wins this year’s election. For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: Peter_sunde_close_up.jpg (536 KB, 1666x2221) Image search: [Google]
Peter_sunde_close_up.jpg
536 KB, 1666x2221
>I’m hoping Donald Trump wins this year’s election. For the reason that it will fuck up that country so much faster then if a less bad President wins. Our whole world is just so focused on money, money, money. That’s the biggest problem. That’s why everything fucks up. That’s the target we have to fix. We need to make sure that we are going to get a different focus in life.
This guy knows his shit and he's right
>>
/g/ told me he's a Sweden YES. True or not?
>>
>>51827549
true
>>
>>51827516
spoken like a true moron. there is no election this year of 2015.
>>
>>51827568
Well I think that explains everything then. Trump is an alpha white male, which must be like a walking trigger warning to OP's pic.
>>
>>51827626
>>51827579
Spoken like a true fool. Trump is a salesman, nothing more. He can't fix shit
>>
>>51827652
I never said he was a solution to political/social problems, you troglodyte.
>>
In that Q&A article he kept saying how the internet cannot be fixed, that the powers that be will continue to control it until we no longer have any freedoms left.

It's sad to see one of the biggest advocates of internet freedom completely give so easily. Maybe he's right, maybe the internet was designed to control us from the very beginning.
>>
>no one linking to the article
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/pirate-bay-founder-peter-sunde-i-have-given-up

Sad but true, in my opinion. I think the best we can do is to provide ourselves with as strong of an arsenal as possible for the next battle. For sure, it is too late for the internet as we know it. It's lost. As he says, though, the war is not over. We need to support free software and encryption so that people will have the tools to operate in support of a new, more free, internet when the time is right.

The tools are vital. We can do nothing if they take our tools.

>For the master’s tools will never dismantle the master’s house. They may allow us to temporarily beat him at his own game, but they will never enable us to bring about genuine change. - Audre Lorde
>>
>tfw always wanted a cyberpunk future
>tfw literally asked for this

be careful about what you wish for, kids.
>>
>>51829054
It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, in the long run. The internet thrived on freedombut now monopolies and governments are suffocating it. I really wonder what the future will be. I imagine a lot less reliance on core infrastructure and perhaps on fibre/cable internet. I mean, we're talking ~50 years+ so I imagine some form of high speed wireless will be coopted and supercede the aging wired internet.
>>
>>51827516
>election
>this year

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>51829129
To clarify, it took a fair while for companies and governments to latch on and own the internet, but it was flawed from the outset for allowing that to be a possibility. Whatever the future brings, it needs to make heavy use of encryption and be nigh-on impossible to shutdown. A complete redesign with no reliance on corporations to support it. I imagine it to be highly decentralised.
>>
>>51827516
>Is a Sweden yes
>Sweden rewards him by hunting him down all the way to Cambodia were he fled persecution for the pirate bay court case
>>
>>51829327
Sweden has some quite inspiring net activist citizens, even if it's government will sell them out.
>>
>>51827652
>Trump is a salesman, nothing more. He can't fix shit
So a politician.
>>
>>51829531
>>51827652
>reading comprehension
He wants trump to win to get the fuck ups coming quick and fast. The quicker this iteration of the internet dies, the quicker the better version rises from the ashes.
>>
>>51827549
He's from Sweden, yes. Use wikipedia next time.
>>
>>51829267
"This year" can mean "this upcoming year" in Swedish, in the right context and with the right intonation. It's either a mistranslation by Vice or a swenglishism on Sunde's part.
>>
>>51829569
>>reading comprehension
The politicians will fuck up the internet at the same speed whether Trump gets elected or not. Sadly the better version won't be allowed to exist, because nobody will want to give up control.
>>
>>51829327
>hunting him down all the way to Cambodia were he fled persecution for the pirate bay court case
Sunde != anakata.
>>
>>51829744
I don't think they will have to give up control, I think it will just be superceded by something which they will start off by ignoring - not recognising it's potential - and then ultimately being powerless to stop it. The internet was niche for years and if they knew then what it would become it would have been stifled from the start. I envision something like that happening again but hopefully whatever it's built from will be much more robust.

It's like the dumb terminal shift. First there was big servers and very low powered dumb terminals, all connected to these giant computers. Then, computing got cheaper and everybody had powerful computers. Now, we're back to dumb terminals and the server has been replaced with SaaSS. As soon as consumers regain the power things will shift. Unfortunately it won't happen any time soon.
>>
>>51829742
Very insightful, on-topic comment, faggot
>>
>>51827516
i agree
>>
>>51829810
Sunde was with his nazi friend and co-creator of TPB in cambodia before he decided to return to sweden and just get it over with. His friend got extradited later on.
Anakata was a fool and was the first one to get caught back in sweden and it was cause of him not encrypting all the mail (even though he was the one of the 3 in charge of security) that they built a case on them.
>>
>>51829943
Anakata also did shit loads of hacking whilst on the run, making him a bigger target.
>>
File: Bench.jpg (58 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Bench.jpg
58 KB, 720x540
Humanity created the most highly sophisticated technology ever conceived... and in return can't handle it like the primitive monkeys we still are.

It'll be like introducing fire to a pack of chimps... only to find out a few weeks later that they now use it to fight each other with it, burn down trees and fuck with each other constantly.

I sometimes think the internet itself is too advanced for our species to handle it which explains why it's been completely ruined by ads, spying, and shallow interactions.

Maybe in another century we'll be ready for it, but for now we're still dark age people tinkering with technology too advanced for us.
>>
>>51830543
This is depressing but true.
>>
>>51830596
>>51830543
>Some fag attempting to be deep
>True
>>
>>51830543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj-10lIrboM

;_;
>>
>>51830618

>being criticized because a thought was longer than a sentence.
>>
>>51830635

When I first saw that it was probably one of the most disturbing things i've ever seen, and still kinda is. That video basically sums up our species as a giant chain of suffering, and people keep having offspring to continue that chain of suffering.
>>
>>51830543
>ruined by ads

because you should never get financially compensated for buying a server, paying for electricity and man-hours for making a website
>>
> Our whole world is just so focused on money, money, money. That’s the biggest problem. That’s why everything fucks up. That’s the target we have to fix

I hate this poorfag, naive mentality. Money isn't the problem, money is just the tool. People strive after money because of what it represents, freedom and power. You can get rid of money, but the world will never be free of these concepts. The root of the world's problems are PEOPLE. People are greedy and malicious. As long as there is at least one greedy malicious person, the world will have problems
>>
>>51832163
you really shouldn't.
if you want money, you work a job. "back then" you hosted a server for fun and to expand a hobby.
commercial tv gave the wrong people too many ideas. Sunde is right in that the internet has become a place where tycoons reap our data and sell it for big profit.

>We have never seen this amount of centralization, extreme inequality, extreme capitalism in any system before. But according to the marketing done by people like Mark Zuckerberg and companies like Google, it's all to help with the open network and to spread democracy, and so on. At the same time, they are capitalistic monopolies. So it’s like trusting the enemy to do the good deeds. It is really bizarre.

>>51832235
naïve idealistic freedom fighters are our only hope. let those flames die and you'll have nobody to defend your rights, nobody to challenge the ones above you in the societal hierarchy.

let the pirate mentality die, and you will end up in a world where nothing is truly yours, and the laws of one nation spans across the globe, for close to 200 years

>Money isn't the problem, money is just the tool
also, I think it's naïve in itself to say that. money in itself has been the cause of many wars and conflics, especially in recent times.
>>
>>51830635
woah
>>
>Trump elected President
>Congress immediately impeaches him for reasons the NSA makes up
>Shortest Presidential term in history
>R&D's back in power, nothing changes
>>
/g/ - Technology
>>
>>51829271
That's virtually impossible. Name servers require absolutely stupid amounts of bandwidth to function as they do, no individual can afford to host it. The hardware alone would be too expensive. Unless everything is crowd funded...
>>
I thought I was in pol but I agree, I want the world to bomb for awhile so people can regain true values

so sick of people with money and no personality or brains ruling
>>
trump knows his shit on economics though.
>inb4 bankrupt
he just also an authoritarian and a nationalist and doesn't give a shit about political correctness.
>>
>>51833224
>and doesn't give a shit about political correctness.

What's bad about that?
>>
>>51834062
I think those were all passed of as being good things about him.
At least being nationalist and not caring about feelings are definite strong points in a leader. Authoritarianism is also good to a degree - I'm unsure personally where the limit is.
>>
>>51829968
His blowup on danish CSC and Nordea really blew his cover. He's sitting in prison for those hacking charges atm.
>>
>>51833224
He's a protectionalist. That's bad economics. He's against free trade. Name a single economist against free trade. The IGM panel has a 95 percent consensus that free trade is a good thing (http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-economic-experts-panel/poll-results?SurveyID=SV_0dfr9yjnDcLh17m)

His tax plan has been criticized by economists from all aisles.

He's probably one of the worst candidates there is on economics.
>>
>>51834148
>being nationalist is a strong point in a leader
Anon, are you legitimately retarded?
>>
>>51834321
maybe a bit infected by /pol/, but otherwise no.
I see nothing wrong with a bit more nationalism, patriotism and if needed, isolationism. Especially in times like these, where America has lost a lot of its geopolitical influence and identity.
>>
>>51834321
What's wrong with nationalism? A strong national identity can work wonders for your economy and your people's quality of life. It doesn't mean you have to eradicate non-whites or any of that bullshit, just that you are proud of your heritage and you want to do everything you can to help your country.
>>
>>51834321
Because that's their job? Why would you not want the leader of the country to the country to succeed? Should we have our Olympians wear the jerseys of other countriess too?
>>
>>51834434

>>51834620
In the modern world limiting immigration is usually considered bad economics in countries that aren't edging on overpopulation (America isn't) because we are under our birthrate targets. As we become closer to each other, we have less kids. This is natural, and other means are needed to keep close to targets. This is immigration's function to our economy.

Most nationalists limit immigration as part of their platform naturally and understandably based on their priorities, but as a person with my priorities on economics, I cannot support it.
>>
>>51834321
Well yeah, that's their job. Why would you want a leader that doesn't care about their country? Should the military start wearing the uniforms of other countries too?
>>
>>51834698
>>51834725
>canned responses
Good job, shills.
>>
>>51834700
This would be the case if we didn't also have jobs leaving the country. Most of our manufacturing is now done overseas, now our economy is almost entirely service and white collar jobs.

But that's not even relevant. Nationalism also doesn't necessarily preclude immigration, it just means immigrants will be required to assimilate to a certain degree. We won't be removing dogs from billboards or bacon from breakfast foods to please the people we're offering such a great opportunity to, if they want it it's their choice and they have to make it work.
>>
>>51834700
And I guess that's where our main arguments collide.
I think it's unethical to import migrants to combat lack of jobs or kids. It's destroying our culture little by little, as those from outside will gain more influence in here, and they will inevitably seek to destroy the culture we value, as it goes against the culture they value.
Let me put on my /pol/ hat and call you a jew. Because I think that view is simply a shortsigted economic grab, and not a long term solution to low birth rates.
In the current culture war, us vs the muslims, government is setting them up for victory by taking them as substitute for low birthrates in our own culture.
>>
>>51834793
>>51834793
>Let me put on my /pol/ hat and call you a jew. Because I think that view is simply a shortsigted economic grab, and not a long term solution to low birth rates
I suggest you study economics more. Maybe take a class. Its not shortsighted at all and is referencing long term problems not short term. Intuitively the opposite is true, immigrants steal jobs, but in reality, they create a demand that is different than the usual native and thus help with diversification of labor and long term prospects.

When we are doing worse economically, our culture destroys itself as well.

And frankly, I understand this with regards to europe, but America's culture is in constant flux. Returning it to its traditional culture is just as much a change as a new culture at this point.
>>
>>>/pol/

Back to your homeland retard.
>>
File: 1317664598_kid_vs_water_hose.gif (4 MB, 336x282) Image search: [Google]
1317664598_kid_vs_water_hose.gif
4 MB, 336x282
>>51827626
He's orange doe
>>
>>51834846
>>51834793
Also, its the only known solution to lower birthrates. Subsidized birth doesn't really work and is distortionary. Birthrates just lower across the board when you develop as a country. Its a fact of life. If we find another cure, then I think we can evaluate, but its all we know of.
>>
>>51833113
i know some people are still advocating for the whole "mesh network" idea to get off the telecom grid but it's just not feasible.
>>
>>51831807
>"we're nothing but a bunch of hairless apes, MAAAAAAAAAAN
>a thought that could be considered novel or worth anything
>>
>>51829891
LE CONFIRMĚ
>>
Trump doesn't even believe in climate change
>inb4 climate change doesn't exist
Also his foreign policy is total shit
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.