[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do iOS users always have this thing on? I remember using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
Why do iOS users always have this thing on?

I remember using it on a defective iPod touch because the power and home buttons didn't work, but what's the purpose of using it on a mint device

Or is it that iOS users are simply retarded?
>>
>>51827169
They're retarded.
>>
>>51827169
They want to imitate thah android oncreen button feel.
>>
>>51827242
This desu, I think they only use it to take screenshots because they're to retarded to learn how to press home+power for it. And I've actually met people who only know how to take screenshots that way.
>>
>>51827169
What is it?
>>
I used it for a bit when my iPod Touch 5G's home button broke. But then I jailbroke and now I have that mapped to a long press of one of the volume buttons.
>>
>>51827289
If your shitty home button breaks then you use that.
>>
iPhone users are in such a prison they do anything they can to customize their device.
>>
>>51827795
>implying IOS users have time to rice their shitty phones
>implying they're not busy enjoying a superior user experience with better apps than lagdroid
>>
>>51828162
>>>>>>DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>51828507
>took 20 minutes to type that response on his lagdroid
>>
>>51827169
>Why do iOS users always have this thing on?
They don't. I've been using iPhones for years and I never even knew that thing existed. Thanks for letting me know m8
>>
>>51828559
I've just joined this thread on Windows....soooooooo ok
>>
>>51827289
On screen version of the home button. You can move it around but it'll always be covering something.

Original intent was usability if your mobility was limited, but people use it if they break the button or because people do weird shit.
>>
>>51828968
Why does the home button break on so many devices? Seems like a design flaw, and why android moved to on screen or capacitive.
>>
>>51827169
what the fuck even is that?
>>
>>51828968
>They could've removed one row of icons like in the old iPhones to make space for that button
>They could've made a smaller Android-like home button placed in the bottom of the screen
but no, instead they went for a button that
>You can move around but will always be covering something
Are they purposefully looking for the most retarded, uncomfortable solutions to pretty much everything lately?
>>
>>51828944
>mot knowing about every setting in your phone
Apple users, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>51829025
Normally they break because the user does something stupid. My friend recently dropped his phone in the toilet and now he has this button on because his home button doesn't work. I've never had a home button break on me before.
>>
>>51829057
It has nothing to do with the homescreen you walnut. It always appears no matter what app you are in.
>>
>>51829062
Phone is for calls, texts and browsing the internet. I don't care about anything else you filthy NEET with too much time to spare and go through every single setting.
>>
>>51829113
Yeah keep making excuses for being a lazy pleb.
>>
I have no idea but the people who have it without broken hardware are fucking retarded.
>>
>>51827169
Because they don't like using phone cases and end up smashing the home and lock buttons
>>
>>51827289

Accessibility feature for people with bad motor skills. Apparently people with bad brain skills use it too though.
>>
I see a lot of people that have that shit on. THEY ARE RETARDED
>>
File: moot funeral hand out.png (4 MB, 2000x2588) Image search: [Google]
moot funeral hand out.png
4 MB, 2000x2588
>>51829062
>mot
>>
>>51828559
>took 20 days to figure out a way to post this in the prison known as crapple.
>>
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 104x104) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 104x104
>tfw you used to turn this on for no good reason.
>>
>>51829113
then why do you have an iPhone? Go get a flip phone or a candybar you hypocritical faggot.
>>
File: nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
>mfw the superior Nokia N9 doesn't have the deprecated tech of dedicated physical/virtual buttons
>runs FULL GNU WITH A SUPERIOR UX
>mfw ayyOSers/iDrones on SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>51835271
ah, 2005
>>
>>51835431
nigga that's 1995
>>
>>51835481
>1995 was 30 years ago
>>
>>51827169
Been using that for over a year. Both power and home buttons are sunken in, except for a tiny section on the bottom left of the home button that still barely works.
>>
>>51835481
That shit was in XP too fAm
>>
>>51835500
Which phone?
>>
You literally named the reason yourself, the home button breaks on that shit all the time. Same goes for the rest of the shitty hardware keys on there.
>>
>>51835545
[spoiler]ipod touch[/spoiler]
>>
>>51827169
I've never seen anyone use that before. In fact I didn't even know it existed until this thread.

Shit. this would've been useful for my old iPod with the dead home button.
>>
>>51835351
Why did they drop meego :(
>>
>>51835668
If my mother's iPod is a first gen (I haven't confirmed, but I believe it is since it doesn't have the volume buttons) those don't have it.
>>
>>51829025

All my Chinese friends use it so that they don't "wear out the home button" so they can sell it for more.
>>
I don't have it on my ifag
>>
>>51828162
>implying iOS users can even rice their phone much, if at all
>>
>>51836291
This, I've known multiple chinese people and indians who turn this on solely so they don't use the home button and can 'resell' it for more.

Niggers use it because they've broken the home button.

White people use it because it's ironic to use it on a working device.
>>
With apple's obsession with removing things, I'm actually baffled as to why they haven't got rid of the home button yet.
>>
>>51836674
The only thing you'd do is replace springboard. There's not much need to do anything else.
Having used both shitdroid and gayphones, I'd say gayphones are actually more comfortable to use. And not from google.

>>51838038
Because it's signature, also fingerprint scanner.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.