[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing as being too stupid to write programs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1439646714480.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1439646714480.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
Is there such a thing as being too stupid to write programs?
>>
Yes. There's literal vegetables in this world.

Remember, some can't even pass Calc I.
>>
>>51825333
I guess it would just take you longer to learn it.
>>
yeah most black people fall into this category
>>
Yeah most women fall into this category
>>
>>51825333
thats like being to stupid for brick laying.. no one can be that useless
>>
>>51825333
It's an acquired skill, like anything else in this world. Don't listen to these insecure, racist fuckwits.
>>
>>51825382
>>51825360
Top edgy lel memes kek
>>
No. Even women and kids can do it
>>
Yeah, actual niggers and women.

Pretty sad since even poo-in-loo tier people can do it, people that are not advanced enough to be potty trained like a damn cat.
>>
I would imagine it would be ultra stressful and if one is the forgetfull type they probably wouldn't choose that as the Career path,

Also would.have to be great at math
>>
>>51825390
nice to see civility once in a while

we're a dying breed
>>
The reason that some people learning programming quickly is that they dont overthink it and just start doing it even if it means using cheap hacks. Trying to fully understand programming before you start doing it can lead to serious frustrations
>>
>>51826346
Nope, what you're seeing is a loud minority. They have managed to become even louder since the Internet is such an integral part of society these days, but they're still a minority. I can't wait for the web to die so that people can start acting like human beings again.
>>
>>51825418
50% of them do know how to poo in the loo
>>
>>51825333
You've described well over 90% of the software people currently working in the field. It's that bad.
>>
>>51825418
I just hope it's not that bad here in germany. i want to become a programmer and i fucking hate indians so goddamn much. Their accent is fucking disgusting and they wipe their ass with their fucking hands. Why would any civilised human want to be around these people?
>>
>>51827274
Are you talking about the accented English that Indians speak or is their German also horrible?

I really hate dealing with Indian developers because most are utterly incompetent and I have a terrible time understanding their English, especially if it's over the phone. It's hell in the U.S. because management keeps on thinking that an Indian technical degree is worth something and that the English that Indians speak is understandable.
>>
>>51825333
I'm in a sysadmin apprenticeship with two days a week of vocational school in which we learn basic programming. There's people in my class with dyslexia, which doesn't mean they're stupid by default ... but consistent variable names isn't their forte.
>>
>>51825333
Yea it's called being Indian.
>>
>>51825333
>Is there such a thing as being too stupid to write programs?
>chkd
Probably not. After all, look at what's going on with Kekzilla.
>>
>>51825333
90% of /g/ can't code for shit. The code you faggots post in the /sqt/ threads is laughable.
>>
All the evidence shows that programming requires a high level of aptitude that only a small percentage of the population possess. The current fad for short learn-to-code courses is selling people a lie and will do nothing to help the skills shortage for professional programmers.
>>
>>51825390
>>51826346
>>51826578
*tips*
>>
>>51828001
>I'm 12
>>
>>51828057
go back to reddit
>>
>>51828103
Reddit is for islamophobes and right wing sheeple.
>>
File: takemyhand.gif (2 MB, 249x337) Image search: [Google]
takemyhand.gif
2 MB, 249x337
>>51826578
There are topics that call for heated debate and blatant confrontation, civility is not just a pose.
Even hatred can be genuine sometimes.

The only real retards are these racist and sexist fuckers and the internet has many interesting places devoid of them.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>51828305
>>
>>51825410
>IQ is a meme
black woman detected
>>
File: 1446335303847 (1).jpg (105 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1446335303847 (1).jpg
105 KB, 500x386
I am going to add some input

There are like, three types of programmers

>NUMBER 1

The kinds of programmers who always want to learn new concepts and languages, always seek improvement never assume there is a ceiling to hit. Every few months they will look back and reflect, and if they noticed too many similarities they will try something new. They write clean, documented and readable code for anyone to understand. They are friendly to anyone who is interested in programming. They show great enthusiasm and enjoy being teachers.

"Hey, we need ____ and ____ done"

"I will read up on that since I am not 100% certain, I also have a few friends that can be of assistance if needed. It looks like a really great project, once I have a better understanding of the requirements I will give some input before starting"

>Bob Smith or Jessica Jones

>NUMBER 2

The kind of programmers that just want money or a career, they learn what they want and use only what they know. They do not care too much about new concepts, languages and assume there is a ceiling because of their narrow view. They like seeing similarities when looking back at there code. Their code is written for them and tend to not accept anything different.

"Hey, we need ____ and ___ done"

"That is impossible, I do not know how to do it, cannot be done"

>Rajeet Geupret or Hing Xiong

>NUMBER 3

Wizards
>>
>>51828446

I'm under the impression that nowadays nobody uses the fedora meme except actual fedoracore posters.
Am I the only one?
>>
>>51828505
OH! I forghettied the most important thing.

>#1

Always thinks outside the box and looks for unique and elegant solutions to both simple and difficult problems.

>#2

Never thinks outside the box and is afraid to approach things with different concepts
>>
some people think there is some bare minimum of intelligence required to be a decent software engineer
>>
>>51828305
>internet
>devoid of racism/sexism
nice fantasy friend. you and you're ilk may eventually rob the internet of true freedom of speech as you have irl, but you'll never change actual human nature.
>>
>>51828513
yes.
>>
>>51828677
>freedom of speech is being able to spout ignorant baseless shit like racism and sexism and not being refuted and called an ignorant cunt for it!!

Yeah, it doesn't work like that.
>>
>>51825333
Naw, even black people and women can program.
>>
>>51828791
You know how 'it' all works then eh?

Enlighten us pls.
>>
>>51828791
>the government is the sole arbiter of what is and isn't spoken
Yeah, it doesn't work like that. There's more to freedom of speech than the law. A society full of leftists that silence dissenters in academia through ostracism is not "free".

>ignorant baseless shit
Like the modern religion of equalitarianism, in which populations separated for tens of thousands of years have evolved precisely the same mentally.
>>
http://mikehadlow.blogspot.com/2015/12/learn-to-code-its-harder-than-you-think.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits
>>
>>51828863
Didn't they cover this in middle school?
>>
>>51829551
Just say I was too busy chasing girls in middle school to pay much attention to faggot shit anon.

Help a bro out here?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.