[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can Excel do that Python+Numpy+PyChart+PySQLite can't?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 6_Excel_EaseLG_EN.png (212 KB, 1152x795) Image search: [Google]
6_Excel_EaseLG_EN.png
212 KB, 1152x795
What can Excel do that Python+Numpy+PyChart+PySQLite can't?

Is Excel just a corporate meme?
>>
>>51825068
>what can excel do that org-mode can't?
FTFY.
Being able to visually layout data interactively and operate on it is useful. Org-mode does that.
>>
>>51825068
Be easy enough to use for corporate drones
>>
>what can this single user-friendly program that this combination of libraries and software cannot do?
Did you think about it for like 3seconds or did you just post right away?

>>51825515
yeah this pretty much
>>
What can you calculate in Python that you can't calculate in Brainfuck?

Oh that's right nothing, because they're both Turing complete, but only Brainfuck is a terrible Turing Tarpit.
They can do the same things, but only Excel is easy to use.
>>
>>51825801
Python is easy to use though

Even women can use it
>>
>>51825844
excel is easier to use
>>
>>51825068
>what can [easy to use program] do that [hard to use combination of a programming language and several libraries] can't?
>>
>>51825926
Except people who do real work with excel need to learn its programming language anyway so that's a non-issue. People who don't do serious work with excel do not need more than notepad and a txt.
>>
>>51825868
Even niggers can use it
>>
>>51826110
I am a better programmer than you and I understand that Excel is very good for retards who barely understand what a keyboard is.
>>
what can Python+Numpy+PyChart+PySQLite do that Assembly language can't do? answer: nothing.

>>51825868

this

/thread
>>
>>51826399
Well anon, what is a keyboard really?
>>
>>51826431
The best input device besides directly reading from the brain.
>>
>>51825068
SPSS is objectively superior to excel in every way. it is the go-to tool for our research papers and data analysis.

excel is just a meme with fancy graphs and formatting to impress investors and your cock sucker boss who can't read financial statements.

the macro functions can be easily replicated and most of the formulas I can do by hand and simply calculator.
>>
>What can Excel do that Python+Numpy+PyChart+PySQLite can't?
probably nothing.

>Is Excel just a corporate meme?
at this point - yes, but you can't really abandon it.
it's intalled on basically every single computer in corporate environment, so you dont have to send instructions how to open and use your shit every time you mail them to someone
it's somewhat scalable, you can use it to inventarize 300 pieces of hardware you have in your storage while you wait for real invetarization system to be implemented, then you can easily export them there from excel, you can also make 100 MB+ monstrosities to idk, count KPIs for every department in your company, both of them can be opened on same computer without any additional shit, both of them are used in same way
compatibility with every single excel file you might need created in the last 20 years or so
good learning curve and everyone knows basics

sure, it's not best at anything, but it's good enough for everything.
>>
>>51826529
No. Touch screens are better.
>>
>>51826582
>SPSS
>not R
topkek
>>
If there is no performance loss, simplicity is valued over complexity as it saves time.
>>
>>51826854
So why is Excel used then?
>>
>>51826802
Except for typing.
>>
>>51826871
easier to find someone who knows excel because usability.
>>
>>51827762
Wrong. Touch screens let you change your layout.
>>
>>51829730
>being this retarded
>>
>>51826110
>Except people who do real work with excel need to learn its programming language anyway so that's a non-issue.
Is it? I'd say its a issue because I'm not trying to shill python and am considering the friendly application that is excel and all its functionality.

>People who don't do serious work with excel do not need more than notepad and a txt.
Since when does notepad generate a chart from highlighted text and why isn't it evaluating my formulas.
>>
>>51830529
this guy

plus also learning VBA is basic and can be used across office.
i.e. you need to send out 20,000 emails and need to pick data out of a table for each specific user, a basic VBA app can do this.
>>
>>51830529
>>51830664
[samefagging intensifies]
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.