[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 128GB SSD a viable choice? I am going to use it mostly for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Is 128GB SSD a viable choice?

I am going to use it mostly for OS, some image processing (I guess it should make saving 4k textures a bit less painful) and maybe one or two games that depend heavily on asset streaming (Witcher 3 etc.).
>>
>>51824999
>>/sqt/
But to answer your question, that's enough space plus 1-2 games. You won't see amazing improvements for load times in games but it will be slightly noticeable
>>
128GB is plenty of space for 2 OS's and a few key programs. I have a 256GB which is roughly half full, and I've put a lot of shit on it that doesn't really belong.
>>
File: vxvx.png (14 KB, 363x499) Image search: [Google]
vxvx.png
14 KB, 363x499
120GB is good enough for me.

Hell, a 40GB SSD would have been good enough.
>>
Windows 7 = 15 GB
Witcher 3 = 40 GB
Other programs = 5 GB

Your 128GB SSD will be large enough.
>>
>>51824999
yes it is
>>
Thanks, guys.
I've heard good things about Transcend 370 - are there any better ones in this price range?
>>
what's a good SSD, like 250 to 500gb? decent quality, budget isn't too tight
>>
>>51824999
just do yourself a favor and avoid kingston
>>
fuck no. if you can only afford a 128gb ssd you need to keep saving your fucking allowance. you shouldnt be paying over $70-80 in the first place for a 256 drive, nothing over $130 for a 512 drive.

if you cannot afford something like that, you are obviously in the wrong place
>>
>>51825851
The hyperx fury isn't that bad for that price.

Yeah the write is utter shit at like 120mb/s seq. but still gets a solid 500-520mb/s read.
>>
>>51825818
250-500 gb is a big window. 250 is enough, really.

You should probably just get an 850 EVO 250gb, which is $77

Alternatively, if you have a pretty modern PC and a motherboard that supports this, get one of those 950 m.2 SSDs, also from samsung. Shit's nice. $190 though.
>>
>>51825884
Is your mommy going to buy you a pascal next year too?
>>
>>51825089
>tfw win 7 folder is 29 gigs
>after removing all temps and system restoring information
>>
>>51825953
1tb ssds were $170 this black friday

you are literally saying you are so poor you have to buy a 128gb ssd. that is just a terrible waste of money when you can spend just a little bit more and get double the storage at least

this is an 18+ website kid
>>
>>51824999
I also bought and 128GB SSD about 2 years ago. Only installed OS and CS6 Master Collection on the SSD, everything else on the HDD
>>
>>51825949
>look up evo 850 with 250gb
>129$

Fuck canada.
>>
>>51825089

Why does windows take up so much space? People literally use a few deviceiocontrol commands, paint.exe, notepad.exe, a few other exes and that's it.
>>
>>51825907
i just had 3 hyperxs fail on me today approx one year after purchase the only reason i say to avoid them.

thats OCZ tier fuckups right there.
>>
>>51824999
I'd get the 240GB / 256GB size... it's just a bit more cash I know, but you want the drive to not be any more than 75% full really, so I would say look at what you want to have on it at all times, double that number and buy the corresponding SSD size.

Your current HDD usage may be a good indicator.
>>
>>51825974
Yeah its also a website so not everyone is from the US. 120gb ssd in Ireland are 90 euro. And not much different on the continent.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.