[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fix /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1432529610501.png (2 MB, 2100x2172) Image search: [Google]
1432529610501.png
2 MB, 2100x2172
How do we fix /g/?

I've been browsing this board for quite some time and even though I haven't been since 2005 I've noticed a huge downfall in overall quality of this board

We have like 3 fucking desktop threads every day were exactly the same bunch of NEETS post the same fucking pictures they posted in the last one.

Same goes for other cirklejerk hugboxes like watches, "battlestations", smartphones, speccy threads and other bullshit that doesn't belong here.
Don't forget the ocasional "Le XYZ is technology, post your XYZ".

How to deal with this massive spillover from /v/eddit?

I've already tried to filter all these generals, but still the main page is filled with exactly the same fucking bullshit

>hurr le linux is bad
>no u windows is bad XD
>what $400 chinese consumer trash electronic toy should i pick next geee
>rate my choice of waifus

Why there is absolutely no fucking moderation of content?
>>
Also the fucking shilling.
It's omnipresent.

The only place I've seen so much post-purchase rationalisation are probably those audiophile forums for those dumbass old farts who are perfectly happy wasting tens of thousands of dollars on magic pebbles that improveve whale frequencies they cannot here.

It's like every single fucking kid that has spent any amount of money on anything wants everyone to have the same product so he's not the only retard in the group.

Why?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (1 MB, 1266x7987) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
1 MB, 1266x7987
All these threads are either shilltrash, epic ruse XD, threads that go somewhere in the lines of "I know this isn't supposed to be tech support but please be my tech support" and those fucking generals.

That's like half of all current threads.
>>
/gg/
>>
bump

brown underpaid indian faggots cant even admit how shit this board has become because of them
>>
omfg! The social technological environment has changed! Gee thanks for pointing that out, we will get right on it to fix it, just for you.
>>
>>51823513
IP ban Asia.
>>
>>51824402
t. ranjeet dikshit
>>
>>51823513
Where do i sign?
I wanna shill for some shekels
>>
>>51823513
Intelligent filtering based on on previously hidden threads in 4chan-x when?
>>
>>51823513
/tech/ or lainchan, probably. Other suggestions welcome. moot sold the site to a Jap who's using it to spread malware.
>>
>>51823513
Filter browsers by useragent, block all smartphone and tablet users with that.
>>
File: implying.png (362 KB, 1560x685) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
362 KB, 1560x685
>expecting a board on 4chan to have quality over quantity

IMHO
The most retarded recurring threads are the ones where people claiming to have authority as old users complain about the current user base.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.