[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
0xc000007b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: why.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
why.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Hey!

I read the thread that says use google and I've looked everywhere every over week for about two months. I've tried uninstalling DirectX, Microsoft Visual C++ (both 32 & 64 bits), Framework.Net, most things on my computer actually. All my drivers are up to date and I'm on Windows 7 and more and more games won't start, prompting the "application couldn't start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application" message.

I have the problem with Hotline Miami 2, Betrayer, Deadly Premonition, Call of Juarez and at least three other games I gave up on playing and don't remember now. The thing is, HM2 used to work perfectly fine a few months ago, but after installing it again today it prompted the same error as I'm now accustomed to.

Any kind soul with better advice than what I already tried? (I also replaced various .dlls multiple times)
>>
>>51822654
Ten minutes bump.
>>
>>51822654
reinstall wangblows.
also never manually mess with dlls
>>
>>51822904
It solved GTA V not working after weeks of fighting with their techsupport. At the time I basically backed up and deleted all the dx dlls in sys32 and installed it again.

Wangblows is Windows? Any solution that doesn't require formatting? Everything else works fine, it would be a shame considering all the shit I got on that computer.
>>
forty minutes bump.
>>
If you really have a good amount of data to be saved, get an external and backup that data. Then you could format whenever if it's necessary.
>>
>>51823270
The thing is, I do have my hard drive, it's a 1To one and it's full of all the movies that I couldn't put on my new laptop. And what I would need to save on a HDD is huge games setup and movies. Both are hard to get online, which is why I keep them on the computer. And I really can't afford to get all those movies again as I teach movie analysis class and need a lot of reference material at hand. Is formatting really the best option here?
>>
>>51823335
Get a new external HDD and back up those movies on it. Nuke the PC HDD by reinstalling Windows. Redownload those Steam games because you probably messed them up with dll shit.

Seriously tho, back up those movies on an external drive. All it takes is some kind of a hardware failure like a power spike while turning on the PC to ruin the HDD in it.
I've lost stuff that way, it's not fun and it's a question of when it will happen to you, not a question of if.
If they're that important, maybe even get 2 external drives so that you have 2 backup copies if either fails.
It might sound crazy, but it's not. People tend to think "oh wow, that's never gonna happen to me" until it does happen.
>>
You could still make a new partition on your original drive and move your game backups to it then delete the first partition for reinstalling Windows.
>>
>>51824048
I'll try to buy myself a second HDD after christmas then.

>>51824612
I don't think I still got the skill to do that but I'll ask my brother at Christmas, I remember doing that a long time ago.
>>
Reboot your computer
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.