[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your whole hostel is watching a yify rip and you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 4L_mL6a4POF.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
4L_mL6a4POF.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>tfw your whole hostel is watching a yify rip and you're doing everything you can to hide your power level
>>
>>51818293
change the aspect ratio plox
>>
Lol, just leave then blogposter.

Also, how is this technology?
>>
I do not understand why this matters. I'm all for high fidelity media, but if you're going to watch something once and delete it there's such a thing as "close enough". Right?
>>
>>51818293

>dem "blacks"

I went to a friends house and watched some horror movie once. in a really dark scene his parents paused it and raised the brightness of the tv to MAX so they could "see the dark stuff better".

My eyes were blinded and they actually kept it like that for the remainder of the film.
>>
>>51818410
Terrible mentality there.
If you do something, do it right.
>>
>>51818293
Movies in a hostel? Aren't hostel for people who are traveling on low budgets? If you don't have money to waste, why did you travel to this hostel only to do something you could do at home? Shouldn't you be out seeing some exotic city or something?
>>
>>51818293
it's even worse when someone's like "wow where do you get these?" and they pretend like they get fucking YIFY rips from some super secret place
>>
File: 1449886997444.jpg (96 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
1449886997444.jpg
96 KB, 512x768
>>51818293
>>
>>51818410
especially if you're only gonna do something once, you should do it right. you should do it perfectly.
also, why ever delete a movie?
>>
>>51818476
Not op, but yeah when i stayed at one I was out every night, even though I almost never go out when at home.

But I figure he stayed longer than I usually do, and had downtime.
>>
>>51818532
I don't think of it as "doing something" so much as "using something". If I am buying a part that I plan to put in a machine that I'm going to use every day for years, I'll be selective and I'll get something nice and high quality. If I'm buying a part to use for a week while the nice part comes in the mail, I'll buy the cheapest part that's get the job done. If I'm deciding where to sleep tonight, I really don't give a fuck how comfortable it is, I'd rather stay in a hostel or a tent than spend ten times as much for a hotel room. If I'm deciding where to sleep most nights for the next five years, I want it to be comfortable and will devote resources to making sure that it is. Same thing.
>why ever delete a movie?
Because you've seen it and you're not going to watch it again. I do keep a library of movies, but not everything that I watch gets added to it. And what about TV? Do you keep every TV episode you ever watch?
>>
>>51818765
>Do you keep every TV episode you ever watch?
If I had enough space I would.
>>
>>51818765
Do you burn every book after youve read it?
>>
>>51818410
Why would you purposely watch a shitty quality video, if the good quality one doesn't cost anything? (except maybe 20 minutes longer to download)
>>
>>51819415
Have you ever been in a library? Or bought a paperback instead of a hardback? Given a book to a friend? I have.
>>
>>51819460
Do you burn library books after youve read them?
>>
>>51818765
Except you're not saving any money by downloading yify shit, dumbass.
(inb4 downloading movies on cellphone internet)
>>
>>51819490
Money is not necessarily your only valuable resource. If it takes 1/4th as long to download and you're waiting on it, that can be important. It isn't always important, but it can be. Also, as in OP's case, people who are traveling almost always have totally shit connections. If they downloaded that movie at that hostel they might have been waiting on it all day.

>>51819472
You don't need to keep all of the media you ever consume, and you don't need the best version of everything you ever acquire.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.