[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a shitty meme right? This is the most bloated rom there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: logo.png (4 KB, 285x75) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
4 KB, 285x75
This is a shitty meme right? This is the most bloated rom there is thb.
>>
File: 1443772601508.gif (960 KB, 316x237) Image search: [Google]
1443772601508.gif
960 KB, 316x237
>>51814070
>features = bloat
>>
File: Bait-Wow-free.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
Bait-Wow-free.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>51814070
>>
huh?

it's pretty free of bloat (i.e. gapps)

CM13 even cut back on some of the default packages freecyngn removes.
>>
its more of andriod being a meme

cynogen is only some idiot who can copy and paste drivers in linux
and he can also do basic kernel compiling
>>
>>51814070
If CM is a meme it's probably the dankest meme out there.

But in all seriousness I support CM in that they seem to be ahead of the game when it comes to pretty much being the best all-around ROM with the widest support for devices, but I personally just prefer slim and minimal AOSP-based ROMs.
>>
It has really good, useful features. That's not boat. The less I have to rely on external apps or modifications from xposed, the happier I am.
>>
>>51815685
That is true, but why would you ever not want use gravity box?
>>
>>51814070
>cm
>bloated
You do know CM doesn't come with Google apps, right?

Nice bait, though. But I think you should try harder next time.
>>
File: 6e9_1_.png (23 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
6e9_1_.png
23 KB, 500x275
>>51814070
>>
I can't get anything else to run on my old phone. The others have been dropping support.
>>
I prefer things like Omni, desu.
>>
I literally just installed it today, having never done any custom-ROM stuff, specifically to get rid of the Google apps and use that thing where you can deny apps permisions individually

it ain't pretty but I'm led to believe that's fixable
>>
>>51816652
Cm is really indeed babbies first custom rom.
>>
While it's still the best ROM, I'll admit I'm still annoyed with the 12.1 updates

>COS 12.1 comes with a new default browser with Bing as the default search engine
>TrueDailer as the default dialer instead of stock android dialer
>newest update will have Cortana as the default voice assistant

I mean it's all reversible but fucking hell Cyanogen
>>
>>51814693
*tips wrist fedora*
>>
>>51814472
>>51816322
Nice selfcontent faggot!

>/r/eddit
>>
>>51816823
Cyanogen OS =/= Cyanogenmod

c'mon
>>
>>51816823
>Cyanogenmod
>Bing

It's Cyanogen OS which has those, and that's entirely different from Cyanogenmod.
>>
>>51816255
Because it's unnecessary bloat?
>>
Why does CM try to open a browser when there's a call or when the call ends?
>>
>>51816823
Cyanogen OS isn't CyanogenMod
Please refrain from posting you fucking retard.
>>
>>51816255
i prefer that shit to be integrated in the rom, xposed ever since 5.0 has been unstable as shit desu senpai
>>
File: osprey nightly.jpg (52 KB, 751x422) Image search: [Google]
osprey nightly.jpg
52 KB, 751x422
stable release when
>>
>>51818899
>stable
CM still does this?
>>
>>51815603
I love CyanogenMod but detest Cyanogen.
>>
what's the best OS for a s3 mini?
>>
>>51818899
2015-11-17
are you blind?
>>
>>51818909
There hasn't been a stable in years, anon.

My phone's builds (xperia L) are ALMOST stable (there are some bugs here and there, but nothing serious).

Guess Lollipop is really hard to

>>51818963
Rooted stock with xposed, my man. CM is not worth it, because it ruins your camera and your battery.
>>
>>51819036
Lollipop roms are really hard to develop*
>>
File: nicememe.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
nicememe.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>
>>51814070
>install cyanogenmod
>wifi no longer works
fucking carcinogenmod
>>
>>51819036
i'm using open camera on it anyway, why would it be ruining my camera?
i don't receive security updates anymore so i probably need another OS. (not sure about that)
>>
http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/taoshan/

Look at that sweeeeeeeet changelog. Fucking A.

>>51819059
You probably didn't flash properly. I had problems with the bluetooth, too, but a complete wipe fixed everything.

>>51819061
My old samsung phone's camera and sound quality were ruined by CM.

Taking videos is laggy, photos appear too dark, HDR didn't work correctly, sound was loud and clippy, the battery life went downwards...

But if you want to take the jump, get Maclaw's Lollipop builds - he's an awesome developer who kept my phone relevant till 2015, when I bought a new one...

Lollipop not your thing? Get Kitkat.
>>
>>51814070
CM is the only ROM that matters. All others get their device trees from them.
But yeah, it's overloaded with features like a theme engine or customization of most visual aspects.

I'd say vanilla Android as on Nexus devices (not AOSP with all its half-broken apps) is perfect. Maintaining your own browser like CM just sounds like a waste of time.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.