[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck does my ssd do this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 448x287) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10 KB, 448x287
Why the fuck does my ssd do this
>>
>>51813567

I'm not sure what kind of files you're copying, but data transfers fast when it's larger singles files, so sometimes when you're copy thing those kinds and it starts copying all the small ones, it slows down significantly.
>>
Is it one of those cheap shit ones?
>>
>using the solid jew
>>
>>51813621
>but data transfers fast when it's larger singles files
That's true of HDDs with variable seek times and network transfers with per-file overhead. It is not true of local SSD transfers with fixed access times.
>>
>>51813621
its a 300mb mkv
>>
>>51813648
>being poor
>>
>>51813567
You probably bought a shitty SSD
>>
>>51813567
Because if you're copying tons of small files, Windows needs to update the file allocation table after each file.
>>
Is it connected via USB?
>>
>>51813567
>Bobs Burgers
You had it coming.
>>
>>51813695
Read the thread
>>
>>51813709
whats wrong with bobs burgers?
>>
>>51813567
Not your personal tech support, fuck off.
>>
I used to have the same problem with my last ssd it was the 850 evo. Decided to get rid of it and buy a 6 TB seagate ssd. occasionally i would have that problem but i solved it by doing weekly, sometimes biweekly defrags.
>>
>>51813567
Is it an nvidia 970 ssd
>>
>>51814717
holy shit lmao
>>
what theme are you using OP?
>>
>>51813669
Poor in bandwidth, rich in storage, lad
>>
>>51814717
/thread
>>
>>51813669
D I P
I
P
>>
>>51813726
that fucking main voice actor who never changes his voice in any of the shows he does
>>
>>51814717

>nVidia anything

<4GB
>>
>>51813657
Incorrect
>>51815249
>not liking jon benjamin
>>
RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE
>>
>>51815303
>literally tumblr: the animated series
>>
>>51813695
not even close, the upper limit was hit on the cache on the drive which caused windows to start fsyncing data
>>
>>51814717
Thats all folks
>>
>>51815180
Underrated post
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.