[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the developer of uBlock a textbook autist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 65645757585.png (12 KB, 777x224) Image search: [Google]
65645757585.png
12 KB, 777x224
>>
>>51810621
He is modest and doesn't need anyone telling him thanks. Seems pretty reasonable to me
>>
What a modest and fair gentleman, I would buy him a pint of beer any day.
>>
>>51810621
It's nice to see this response instead of

>HEY GUIZE IF U LIK MA WURK PLS CONSIDER DONATING, I AM REALLY POOR AND MY SON IS ILL, PLS GIB ME MUNY.

Gorhill is pretty baller in my book
>>
>>51810621
He probably is autistic (by 4chan's definition), but this is a pretty reasonable and nice thing to do.
>>
>>51810621
yes
and that's what makes the software good
>>
>people need to constantly give compliments and praise
If there is no problem you should just shut the fuck up not shitpost on projects issues.
Have you not learned anything from Torvalds?
>>
>>51810800
by 4chan's definition everybody is autistic
>>
It's an issue tracker, if you don't have anything to add to the discussion there's no need for you to post. If everyone posted responses in there then the actual contributors would have to wade through those useless posts to respond to one another.
>>
There really isn't any debate to be had, every drama involving gorhill has happened because his complete inability to communicate like a human being.
>>
>>51810621
/g/ will defend him. Just like they defend rms' insanity. Probably because on some level they are the same way.

As for your answer; yes - he is autistic. This kind of behavior is not normal. If he receives too many comments of thanks and they are obstructing his work he can always make this clear in a nice way. But that is not the case.
>>
>>51810941
true, you fucking autist :^)
>>
>>51811007
>I don't want to work on uBlock any more,here take over and please remove everybody from the credits?
>Wait, what? everybody? Not just yourself?
>Never responds
>WTF WHY U REMOVE ME FROM CREDITS WTF CHRIS? GIVE ME BACK ME PROJECT REEEEEEEE
tots not autistic doe
>>
>>51811007
Feeling like you don't need praise because you are confident in your work isn't normal guys!

Gorhill even said thank you after he explained how he felt
>>
There are not enough womyn developers at uBlock
>>
>>51811007
>insanity

RMS hasn't ever said anything insane.
>>
>>51810621
Where does the guy even live?
>>
>>51811097
Responding to someone's gratitude with smug superiority, stating that thanks is not necessary but implied (presumably because his work is so damn good) then ending it with a patronizing "thanks anyways".

Only two kinds of people would make a statement like that: Assholes or autists. I sincerely doubt gorhill is an asshole, that he feels pleasure when shitting on someone.

But I do believe he has a very hard time communicating with people. Like most autists he might not even realize the effect of his behavior. To him that statement might be a very logical and honest thing to say.
>>
>>51811163
Canada / Québec

from his Github profile
>>
>>51811211
Because it is logical and honest.
>>
File: Autism-Speaks-Logo.jpg (811 KB, 1286x1254) Image search: [Google]
Autism-Speaks-Logo.jpg
811 KB, 1286x1254
>>51811245
>>
>>51811134
This tbhfam
>>
>>51811211
and anyone who's not autistic would realise he's autistic and not take any offence. so no harm no foul means your argument is irrelevant
>>
File: CUrcMDmWwAEwpak.jpg large.jpg (70 KB, 600x850) Image search: [Google]
CUrcMDmWwAEwpak.jpg large.jpg
70 KB, 600x850
>>51811091
cont.

>Ok. You can have it back.
>Never responds again
>WTF CHRIS WHY DO I HAVE TO RENAME MY PROJECT INSTEAD OF YOURS I WAS THE ORIGINAL REEEEE
>Please take it back already, people are harassing me
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51811007
I agree that this kind of behavior is not normal. I mean, how much of a fucking retard do you have to be to treat an issue tracker like it's Facebook.
>>
>>51810621

10/10 dev would use his software again
>>
>>51811239
He might come off autistic because of the language barrier then
quebecers often sound weird like that in English
>>
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/1048
>>
>>51810621
Its funny because its hard to just accept what other people say if it falls outside your narrow expectations
>>
>>51811091
>>51811304
GTFO al-jewdi
>>
>>51811315
You are right, it's likely that the guy isn't too knowledgable about these kinds of things. Judging by the Github OP's history he has for several months reported bugs within uMatrix and pushed some documentation commits.

That is probably all he can do, but he is nevertheless helping. There are ways of letting someone know it's not okay to open "Thank You" issues without crushing them.
>>
File: autism.png (7 KB, 252x424) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
7 KB, 252x424
>>51811315
>>
>>51811383
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/commit/581bc66509e8bf94d65a7ee54ba850116cede3c0

I think this was the 2nd or 3rd time Chris tried to communicate with Gorhill; Gorhill then proceeded to delete all this comments within the last couple of months.
>>
>>51811211
Dude, you're literally projecting.
He just states that having longtime users is enough thanks and thanks the guy anyway despite the other person mistreating the issue tracker. Yeah, he maybe awkwardly worded it here, but that can happen to anyone.
>>
>>51811434
I liked when Chris rebranded the whole project, removed all references to uBlock, and put donation links everywhere.

He even had new shitty logos.
>>
>>51811437
Not projecting since I am a pretty kind and understanding guy on Github. Part of being autistic is not being able to communicate effectively. Hence the "awkward wording". He wasn't trying to be mean, or shit on someone for some perverse pleasure. He simply wrote what he felt without understanding of how that would be interpreted
>>
>>51810621

All developers are mate.
>>
>>51811525
I don't think that many developers mate.
>>
>>51811480
>Not projecting since I am a pretty kind and understanding guy on Github.
Please, do fellatio yourself more. Smug superiority is trying to be mean, you're just contradicting yourself now. If miscommunication automatically makes you autistic, then I guess everyone on this planet is.
>>
>>51811550

...you've misunderstood my usage of the word "mate", mate.
>>
>>51811591
Read
>>51811211

>I sincerely doubt gorhill is an asshole
>I do believe he has a very hard time communicating with people
>he might not even realize the effect of his behavior
>To him that statement might be a very logical and honest thing to say

Please anon by all means tell me how this is contradicting my last statement?
>>
>>51811007
dont compare that fat GNU/Fucker with ased gorhill. Gorhill made adblocking efficient, so he contributes for nothong, not wanting anything in return.
RMS on the other hand is butthurt because no one uses the tag GNU/Linux unironically. (besides those GNU/tards who fell for the meme, that is)
>>
>>51810741
I had a chuckle
>>
Everyone in this thread is autistic.
>>
>>51811134
He eats the shit in his feet, throws autistic tantrums when things don't go his way, thinks it's okay to fuck children (dead or alive, it don't matter to ol' RMS), and thinks everybody is tracking him. This man doesn't sound a little crazy to you?
>>
>>51811477
>Chris did what Gorhill asked him to do
>REEEEE
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.