[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>programming language threads on /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
>programming language threads on /g/
>>
- Haskell
- Rust
- C++
- Golang (for web api)
>>
is there a reason they aren't lynching php?
>>
>>51809659
>javascript just standing aside, simply happy that he's not the one being shat on for once
>>
I'd love to get into c++ but there are literally no jobs if you are not senior dev
>>
>>51809872
Because PHP 7 is actually gud.
>>
>>51809659
they really suck
most of /dpt/ is basically just bitching about why the language you use is better than the language someone else uses
nobody really discusses the software/ideas created using the language
>>
>>51809659
>php
>looking down on anyone
>>
File: Alyosha! - No Thank You.png (287 KB, 798x644) Image search: [Google]
Alyosha! - No Thank You.png
287 KB, 798x644
>>51809659
>Java and PHP saying that another language is bad
>>
>>51810177
correction.
>there are literally no jobs if you are not senior dev or don't know how to use microcontrollers or apply control systems theory
>>
File: le-trash-man.jpg (105 KB, 398x503) Image search: [Google]
le-trash-man.jpg
105 KB, 398x503
>>51809783
>Rust
>Golang
Literally confirmed SJW languages
>>
>>51809659

Of course the Ruby guy has a beard.

Then again I'm a Ruby guy and I have no beard. Meh.
>>
>Lisp could have changed my life, but I ignored it and wrote Go instead. Now I'm several years closer to dying.
– Rob Pike
>>
PHP is objectively terrible. Go's build system, toolchain, lack of real programming features for anything other than web dev, and package management are a joke. Other than that most things have their uses.
>>
>>51811514
Not him but
I don't give a shit about the politics as long as they're good tools that I can use to get jobs done in a productive and minimally-stressful manner.

You will notice I say "tool" and not "language". Go is not a good language from a design standpoint but it's an excellent tool for actually getting fast and maintainable webapps written in a decent timeframe.
>>
>>51812313
>not caring about the politics
>being on /g/

go back to /facebook/ normie
>>
>>51812313
>I don't give a shit about the politics
Buddy, you HAVE to care about the politics. If you don't make a fuss about the politics, you let them win.
>>
I'm a noob here, but I figured /g/ would be the best place to ask. I'm looking to make an android grocery/recipe/nutrition tracker/meal planner app.

Pretty much, I don't want to pay for a subscription to eatthismuch, so I want to make an app that tracks grocery expiration dates [possibly scans bar codes to know what I've bought], informs me of foods that are in season (like mangoes in summer), recommends recipes based on meal plans [or what's in my pantry/fridge], tracks nutritional information including calories, micronutrients, and macronutrients of food I've eaten (for meal plans and fast foods in case I stray from the meal plan), and makes grocery lists based on meal plans and caloric intake goals. Of course, I'd have to create a database of foods and recipes, but I don't think I'd be alone in my endeavor, so this part may not be a huge problem.

So does anyone know what language I'd have to learn to take on such an endeavor? And are there any good resources to start me on my quest? I want it to be a single android app that integrates everything I wrote above.
>>
- Nim
- D

:^)
>>
>>51812313
>being this much of a kek
>>
>>51809659
Why does everyone here hate php so much? Before I came to the US it was the only language I knew, and it was pretty useful.
>>
>>51814936
Android == Java
>>
Any other Scala fags here? I also like C and Ruby a lot, but Scala never gets any attention...
>>
>>51816081
It's not that PHP is bad (I mean, it is, but that's not the reason). It's just that other languages are so much better, and PHP is run by idiots who can't seem to learn from better languages no matter how hard they fuck things up.
>>
>>51810878
Welcome to /g/
>>
>>51814936
Anything on Android means java... Udacity have great courses for everything like that (if you don't want to pay for a degree just push "access course materials" button when enrolling) you can see their java stuff here:

https://www.udacity.com/courses/all?technology=java

Would recommend "android development for beginners" and the "java programming for beginners" to start out
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.