[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm using uMatrix, do I need self-destructing cookies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1449652404430.jpg (126 KB, 669x658) Image search: [Google]
1449652404430.jpg
126 KB, 669x658
If I'm using uMatrix, do I need self-destructing cookies still? Or NoScript? What's your preference, /g/?
>>
File: 1448302072827.png (181 KB, 2561x1601) Image search: [Google]
1448302072827.png
181 KB, 2561x1601
bump
>>
>>51804053
>self-destructing cookies
Includes functionality not covered by uMatrix, such as allowing cookies for the session. It also doesn't outright block cookies and just deletes them after you leave the page, whereas uMatrix blocks them from communicating entirely, which breaks a lot of sites.

>NoScript
On the other hand, is useless.
>>
>>51804126
Why is NoScript useless?
>>
>>51804294
He's a kek who trusts his websites to run safe scripts only :)
>>
>>51804294
uMatrix covers all of its functionalities
>>
>>51804053
SDC may still be needed depending on your usage.

For example, you may want to keep a certain website's cookies indefinitely.
This is currently not possible in uMatrix. It's more of an all-or-nothing kind of deal.
If all you want is blocking/removal of cookies, uMatrix can do that however.
>>
>>51804294
Because uMatrix does whatever NoScript does and more, and does it better.
It also comes with lists of blacklisted hostnames which won't be allowed to run scripts (or anything) even if your default-deny rules are very lenient.
>>
>>51804318
>>51804389

uMatrix doesn't cover flash cookies, though, nor does it cover HTTPS everywhere.
>>
>>51804430
You use NoScript for flash cookies? Get Better Privacy.
uMatrix does have a Strict HTTPS mode that will block unencrypted content on a page, should you want something that will redirect you to HTTPS versions of sites by default you can always use EFF's HTTPS-Everywhere.
>>
>>51804380
I guess I'll roll with that, then. Goodbye, NoScript.

>>51804312
I can't use faggotchan and like 99% of the web without some scripting.
>>
>>
>>51804312
Read the question in the OP, you fucking retard. NoScript and uMatrix have the exact same functionality. If you have both installed, you are a moron.

>>51804430
>uMatrix doesn't cover flash cookies

What kind of retarded cunt has Flash installed in 2016-ish?
>>
Master race coming through
uMatrix
Better Privacy
Self Destructing Cookies
NoScript w/ global scrips enabled for click hijacking
>>
>>51804674
Isn't having uMatrix and NoScript installed pointless?

What OS are you using?
>>
>>51804703
Did you even read his post? He has one specific thing hes using NoScript for and I don't think anything else even offers that functionality.

That being said I always found that "feature" more of a hindrance than a help because it broke elements several legit sites I came across and I don't ever remember it protecting me from anything.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.