[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ consider to be the best laptop for university taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
What does /g/ consider to be the best laptop for university taking price into account?
>>
The one on sale at Bestbuy.
>>
pen/paper during lectures and pool computers
>>
Anything with the A10-8700P APU imho
>>
Thinkpad
>>
>>51803906
One of the older Surface Pro.
Pro 2 preferably.
>>
I bought an XPS 13 and have no regrets. I still take notes on pen and paper, but I use my laptop elsewhere if I need to actually do something.
>>
>>51804013
>cá Žuckpad
not even once
>>
A 2 year old Elitebook with 8GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD
>>
as much as I dislike google, chromebook
unless you're gonna study something that will require you to do some heavy image/video editing, the power is okay for most tasks (and if you got a "write a program that computes something" assigment, just leave it overnight)
the battery life is unmatched and the price is quite low
>>
>>51803906
Find the cheapest laptop with an i5-6200u.
Replace HDD with SSD.

Done.

I did it 4 months ago with the i5-5200u and ended up paying a total of $420 for an i5-5200u, 8GB ddr3, and a 120GB SSD. Screen was shit though.
>>
>>51803906

Macbook Air
>>
>>51804013
>3
not everyone wants to smell like poop
>>
>>51805456
>what are any intensive programs you have to run for majors that matter like engineering
have fun trying to run that shit on a fucking chromebook retard
>>
The cheapest chink pad available.
>>
>>51803906

a used i5 ThinkPad with some warranty left for less than $400
>>
>>51803906
MacBook
>>
Thinkpad X220
>>
>>51806152
>EliteBook 2560p
ftfy
>>
Thinkpad X220 Tablet. Small, yet powerful enough, very durable, pretty cheap and allows to take hand notes.
>>
>>51803944
This. You can find decent refurbished laptops for 100-150 bucks if you actually call up or go to the store and ask
>>
>>51806084
I personally either get on a lab computer, or just remote into my desktop.

Try again. Doing heavy work on a laptop does suck.
>>
>>51803906
A 300$ 15 incher chink marvel
>>
>>51806084
unless you're doing baby's first simulaton/CAD you're gonna want to use the cluster PCs for that
>>
>>51803906
Alienware 17
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.