[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, any way to receive two 3.5mm stereo signals and have 50/50
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Hello, any way to receive two 3.5mm stereo signals and have 50/50 stereo sound in my headphones? Pic related
>>
good picture

you will need a "summing amplifier" or "audio mixer"

There's probably a $20 device on aliexpress somewhere that do what you want, idk how to find it though.

This is kind of overkill but will work, you will just need a couple simple adapters:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-802-Premium-8-Input-Preamps/dp/B000J5XS3C/ref=sr_1_1/187-9108372-0665717?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1449833071&sr=1-1&keywords=behringer+mixer
>>
>>51802401
Can't he just use a splitter?
Plug the male and into his headphones and both inputs into the females?
Alternatively, you can plug the splitter into a mp3 or laptop, connect another device to it, and then plug the headphones into the second female, and he'll still get the audio? Because both the females and the male connectors are joined?
It works for me, in game audio from my desktop, music from my phone, both into the same headphones.
>>
>>51802432
I have a faint memory of trying something similar a couple years ago, and the splitter made the sound mono, as in each input got assigned either L or R.

>>51802401
Thanks, I'm gonna have a look around for something like that!
>>
>>51802307
you want a mixer.
>>
File: images-3.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
>>51802508
I don't have that issue. Each earpiece gets 50% from each input, it sounds like the music is coming from the computer for me.
You try another splitter?
Mine looks like pic related. I'd take a picture of mine but it's almost 11 here and I just got in bed.
>>
>>51802556
That's not the type of splitter i'm looking for though, is it?

I'm trying to combine two sources into one pair of headphones.
>>
>>51802581
Get a female to female cable in between the headphone and the male of the splitter, then two male to male cables from the splitter to your ps controller and pc. In other words you can use the splitter the other way around.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-11-23-06-52-1.png (191 KB, 1358x1321) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-11-23-06-52-1.png
191 KB, 1358x1321
>>51802581
That's what I use it for though.
I plug it into my computer, plug my phone into it with an aux connection, and then plug my headphones into the second female connection and I can hear both the computer and my phone.
It's great.
Sorry for the shitty sketch but I hope it helps you understand what I'm saying.
Pc is supposed to be "splitter into pc", but it wouldn't fit.
Hp is headphones.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 1115x1488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 1115x1488
>>51802651
Ffs, adapter to adapter adapting adaptions. Say bye bye to any sort of quality, might as well have two drills in each ear because the sound will be about the same
>>
>>51802307
>console
>>
.. mqke one yourself? Buy 2 jack male plugs and one female and solder each channel together
>>
Wait, you mean each audio source assigned to L and R, or just having both at the same time? If it's the latter, plug the controller in the laptop's line-in, and the headphones in the regular audio out port.
2 things though, if it doesn't have a line-in, most times you can configure the mic port to do the same. Also in windows' sound options you might need to set it to play what it's receiving through the line-in.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.