[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to learn HTML
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (69 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69 KB, 2000x2000
So guys I know how to make a website on Wordpress and know the basics of HTML and CSS(not much)
I want to learn HTML and start making money on creating websites.
Are there any good manuals or baka?
>>
File: 1365032668637.gif (1 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1365032668637.gif
1 MB, 150x150
>>51801927
Nope, there aren't any.
>>
People use Wordpress so they don't have to learn anything. There is no money to be made on website creation. You are 20 years to late.
>>
But how people make money on that? I really want to work at home alone and I am looking for something
>>
>>51801927
>So guys I know how to make a website on Wordpress
It is already made for you. No learning required.
>>
>>51801949
anon, there's more money in webdev now than there ever was, and webdev salaries are at an all-time high. you could literally not be more wrong. even doing the bare minimum in wordpress you can easily make decent money in your spare time
>>
>>51801960
>I really want to work at home
Do you have a webcam?
>>
>>51801960
People who make websites these days are programmers in general. That's how you get paid. Learn PHP, SQL, C++, then HTML on your way to the job interview.
>>
>>51801984
just to add to this, wordpress does all the basics for you, and if you ever try and do anything more advanced with it, you get to see the fractal of shit spaghetti code, bugs and inconsistent behaviours that wordpress is

>>51802005
>hello mr dunderson may i begin this interview by asking you why we're even giving you an interview when you don't know css
>>
>>51801927
http://abookapart.com/products/responsible-responsive-design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1491911689

here you go, might also want to look especially into progressive enhancement
>>
>>51802027
>she thinks css can't be learned on a shitbrake
You must be a woman, because nobody would employ a man this dumb.
>>
File: 1421593001258.gif (3 MB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1421593001258.gif
3 MB, 244x250
>>51802029
>responsive-design
>>
>>51802037
you've clearly never used css at a high enough level ;)

btw im a girl
>>
>>51802027
I said you're a shit programmer, and a woman. They only keep you around for eyecandy. Please respond so I know you read this.
>>
>>51802100
>I'm not a misogynist, I swear.
>>
>>51802044
websites shouldn't look the same in every browser, you should query for features and enable content appropriately

enjoy maintaining a site without it and hacking around when problems arise, even worse would be to have a separate mobile site, it's not 2005 anymore
>>
>I want to learn HTML and start making money on creating websites.

1- Learn HTML+CSS+Javascript at codeacademy

2. Learn a real language and a web framework (how real sites are made nowadays). Maybe Rails (Ruby), Spring (Java), ASP.NET MVC (c#), etc.

3. Learn the rest of the useful stuff as SQL, Bootstrap, jquery, using JSON etc as you go along

Don't get hung up on wanting to know everything about each one at first. learn 1 and 2 and start building shit with them as much as you can/want then get to learning from 3 as you need it
>>
>>51802171
alternatively as he's already learning javascript, he could go for something like AngularJS or something

(just don't tell /g/)
>>
>>51802005
Listen to this guy, although I have no idea why a Web dev would need c++
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.