[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was This relased?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: -XiIymKg_400x400.jpg (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
-XiIymKg_400x400.jpg
9 KB, 400x400
When was discord relased?
I mean the web app, like the first time it went open beta or something..
>>
>>51801773
>>>/v/
>>
>>51801777
Why?
What does it have to do with gaming? I know it has a gaming interface, but is still a voice softwere.
>>
>>
>>51801793
>Voice chat for Gamers
>2015
>Gamers
Learn to read and kill yourself.
>>
>>51801793
It's a shit client marketed to le gaymur crowd
>>
>>51801863
"Gamers" is nothing but a selling word for them, I'll just use it until they go full jew and start putting adds everywhere.

I can't say anything bad about it for the moment though, it works on ever browser, every platforms, I have it on my phone and pc, it's lightweight, starts fast and gets the job done. You can compare it to using mumble, but without having to host a server.

The UI is also really clean and intuitive, kind of reminds me of TOX, but this time it works and doesn't crash every 10 minutes.
>>
go sell your trash on >>>/v/
>>
I'm using it for group calls, sound quality is better than on skype
>>
>>51802699
>closed source
>providing a service that costs them money for free and without ads
>buzzwords like gaming and shit
these are the biggest indicators of malware that exist
>>
>>51802848
>missing the point entirely
I'm not asking you to share cp and sensitive informations through that software, I'm just saying that it's better than the other softwares that do the same thing.
You can check the software activity to see if it's doing any suspicious activity on a virtual machine if you want to check for yourself how much of a "malware" it is.
>>
>>51803563
0.30 USD has been posted to your account.
>>
>>51802848
this
>>
>>51803563
It's crap familia, just use mumble.
>>
Its pretty seamless, works well havent had malware probs if so keep up on your maintenance
>>
>>51801773
Can you and your faggot company stop shilling your non-free, no privacy policy garbage on here? Thanks.
>>
>>51801935
name a better one
>>
>>51801773
Discord is great. Thanks to Discord I was able to convince my friends to ditch the garbage that Skype is. While it's not ideal (closed source, no real revenue model so will probably end up with ads that you will be able to hack out anyway) it's pretty damn fucking solid. Works everywhere I need it, is very clean and optimized (which is already a huge achievement considering it's using the Electron framework), and you don't need to host a server (while I don't have any problems with hosting a server myself, it's really convenient actually).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.