[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asus z170 deluxe vs x99 deluxe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Asus Z170 Deluxe.jpg (104 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
Asus Z170 Deluxe.jpg
104 KB, 600x395
So, I've been planning to make a new PC, however, I have this dilemma, I can afford an Asus z170 deluxe with a i7 6700k or a X99 deluxe with a i7 5820k.

The z170 platform is considerably cheaper, like 300$ more cheaper than the x99, however, the 6core is more appealing to me than the 4 core. also more lane ports.
Im planning to use it for gaming and casual things casual people do, some moderate Autocad and minor programming.

which one and why?
>>
>>51800199
Nobody will ever require more than two CPU cores.
>>
>>51800199

I forgot, which graphic card set up is best for both?
planning to use some hybrid cooling system
>>
>>51800229

For Fallout 4 im going to m8.
>>
I'm gonna make it simple OP so you don't look like a waste of fucking human intelligence. Nothing requires more then 4 cores so go for the board that requires just the 4 core. If you need more ports for anything buy adapters. As for the gpu go for 970 and fall for the 3.5 meme or the 980ti if you wanna spend the extra shills.
>>
>>51800199
What are you doing that will utilize 6 cores?
By the time games utilize 6 cores there will be more powerful and cheaper 6 core CPUs.

People were all drumming how the Q6600 would be future proof, but now that we have actual games that can utilize 4 cores the Q6600 is a bottleneck.
>>
>>51800385
>>51800290

welp, I need 6 cores because im retarded. that once cleared, I will use the remaining shekels for a a 980ti
>>
>>51800199
If you're interested in relative performance game-wise, LTT did a video on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFNhlq2b518
>>
>>51800199
If you don't know why you need x99, you don't need x99.
>>
I wonder if people ITT know about hyperthreading.
>>
>>51800199
Wouldn't a Haswell system with a 4790k be best for gaming due to its high single threaded performance?
Also cheaper and more available?

I seriously don't know why not a 4790k. I don't have a gaming PC or interest in getting one.
>>
>>51800199

Build my last PC

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
6700K i7
MSI GTX 980 TI
16GB 2666Mhz

Pretty gud and happy about it, i recommend the 6700k memelake
>>
>>51800199
Using the Z170-A with an i5-6600k and a R9 390. It runs more than well. You'll basically not need anything more powerful for the next 2 years or so. But don't go with the 390 if you don't plan to stick your PC into a fridge. Thing burns like a bitch.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.