[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Upgrading takes longer than installing Windows 10 What the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: windows-10-upgrade.jpg (501 KB, 1440x1327) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-upgrade.jpg
501 KB, 1440x1327
>Upgrading takes longer than installing Windows 10

What the fuck is the NSA trying to do with my computer this time?

>All your files are exactly where you left them
Yeah, with a datatap installed on them

What's the best linux distro to switch to?
>>
>>>/g/flt
Start with lmde, switch to debian after a few weeks. Test stuff out.
>>
>>51799373
Windows ten is not all it is cracked up to be. It is a serious privacy risk.
>>
>>51799373
Linux mint if you coming from windows.
>>
>>51799373
Upgrading is slow because they have to copy all your shit somewhere, including drivers, settings and what ever other bullshit you happen to have.
>>
>>51799373
gotta keep ur 2d collection safe bro, wouldn't wanna wipe that out and hear about another basement dwelling teen committing suicide
>>
File: CSMd_5kWsAAgZee.jpg (80 KB, 599x637) Image search: [Google]
CSMd_5kWsAAgZee.jpg
80 KB, 599x637
>>51799373
>>
>>51799472
>lmde
s a very exciting distribution, targeted at experienced users,
>>
>Windows 10 is an NSA tap, /g/ told me so!
>I better install Linux right away!
>Implying the spy on your system is the OS, not your ISP
>>
>>51801127
The ISP can't read your PGP encrypted e-mails and Tor traffic. They need direct access to your machine.
>>
>>51801135
>Implying NSAs biggest achievement isn't backdooring Linux or perhaps even gcc...

Audint PGP all you want, the back door isn't in the source, but in the binary
>>
You people are all stupid as shit.
>>
>>51801152
[citation needed]
>>
>>51801135
>Tor
You probably deserve to be arrested tbqh, there's literally nothing legal to access through Tor.
>>
>>51801172
>literally nothing
Blockchain: https://blockchainbdgpzk.onion/
DDG: http://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion
>>
>>51801205
That's all you've got? Two sites?
>>
>>51801260
It is sufficient to disprove your universal claim.
>>
>>51801275
What happens on those websites anyway?
>>
>>51801291
Why don't you see for yourself?
>>
>>51801296
Because I'm not a paedophile, I don't want to buy drugs or get eaten so I've never bothered to install Tor.
>>
>>51800194
>it takes time because they have to upload all your private files to their servers
ftfy
>>
>>51801205
Yeah the way that both Blockchain and Duck Duck Go are available on the internet anyway would imply that people who feel they need to use the Tor versions are searching/buying very questionable things.

So no >>51801275, actually you haven't really disproven anything.
>>
>>51799373
>>51799373
>SIT BACK AND RELAX

DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

FUCKEN DROPPED LOSE MY NUMBER BITCH
>>
>>51800194
>Upgrading is slow because they have to copy all your shit somewhere
>"they"
>not "it"
ihavesomeconcerns.jpg
>>
>>51801369
>everyone who has curtains in his house is hiding criminal activies
>>
>thinks he is so important that NSA is installing datataps on to files
>thinks he's smart for figuring this "fact" out

You'll fit right in with the Linux crowed. I recommend you use Gentoo.
>>
>>51799373
I would recommend Ubuntu gnome, because gnome 3 is beautiful and most issues you ever come up against have a solution for Ubuntu. Mint is the most popular atm.
>>
>>51801401
Blockchain and DDG on the internet isn't exactly an open forum to your personal life either so what warrants the extra effort? Please no analogies, just an actual answer this time.
>>
>>51801414
You don't have to be important to become a victim of mass surveillance.
>>
>>51801127
The isp can't do shit with a little encryption. But windows 10 still spies even with Tor.
>>
>>51801429
>My email to my team mates about the coursework has gone into some data storage facility in Guatemala along with the other 6 petabytes of data collected that day.
Oh no! Everyone is going to know my secrets!
>>
>>51801443
How do you know?
>Wah wah, Windows sucks and it needs improvements!
>Boo hoo, they're taking information from my computer that will help create improvements
Just can't be satisfied can you /g/?
>>
>>51801478
It would be okay if the installer asked for your permission.
[x] please upload my private data to Microsoft, yes/no
>>
>>51801483
>BY INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU CONSENT TO BEING ASSRAPED

MUH CLOUD OS
>>
>>51801483
It's not your private data though! It's the data that's common to all copies of Windows, there's no improvements to be found in My Pictures/PoniesXXX.
>>
>>51801463
Yeah but what if they find the images I took sucking my dog off? It's illegal here and if it gets flagged up by some botnet image crawler I'm fucked.
>>
>>51801511
Okay this is how you save yourself.
>build a time machine and don't commit any crimes
Pisses me right off when people are like "muh freedoms" as a shit excuse when actually they mean "I want to commit crimes and never get caught".
>>
>>51801511
This is why I think I'm going to have a Windows 7 build (or other OS) and keep it as the 4chan machine/fap computer, then Windows 10 machine for modern games and productivity software.
>>
>>51801541
what if i've committed a crime i wasn't aware was a crime? (i'm not a lawer, i don't know EVERY law)
what if someone/someTHING interprets something of mine as illegal, even if it isn't? i wouldn't want the hassle/potential legal costs
>>
I like 8.1 App Screen and Dark Theme master races
>>
well anon, provide some system specs.

>desktop, wifi and gfx are not important to me

Debian

>Laptop, my wifi card werks, but is non-free

debian iso including firmware

>Laptop, my wifi is trash

use Ethernet, or get a dongle

>i have 4~8 gb ram
Debian with GNOME or KDE

>i have 2~4 gb ram

Debian with LXDE
>>
>updating Windows

Shit desu

Last time I installed a bunch of updates, it slowed down my system, fucked my internet and Firefox.

Never change a running system, fuck Microsoft.
>>
>>51801964
>NOT PATCHING WINDOWS

WELCUM 2 VULNS
>>
>>51802019

Have never encountered an issue. Just disable the most obvious shit like Java, Javascript, run a decent real time guard and browse smart.

Doesn't take more.

Fucking hell, all those fucking KBs are shitting up one's system, and you don't even know what exactly you are installing, neither do I fucking want to read through everything.
>>
>>51801135
Jesus christ calm your paranoia, there's not enough tinfoil to retain it
>>
>>51801152
nowadays the backdoor is in the hardware

http://me.bios.io/ME:About

all intel chipsets of this decade give remote access to those with the right key
>>
>>51802019
>install windows 7 sp1
>disable updates
Never have a single problem with anything at all.
>>
What about OSX privacy concern? ins't Apple supported by NSA too? I can't get enough of muh privashi meem.
>>
>>51802087
Most of the web is unusable without JavaScript.
The solution is to run web browsers only inside virtual machines
>>
>>51801111
they just don't want everybody to switch yet. lmde is a good first distro.
>>
>>51801312
>>Because I'm not a paedophile, I don't want to buy drugs or get eaten so I've never bothered to install Tor.
>being this retarded

>>51801414
the engineers that worked in the ISPs that were infiltrated by the NSA didn't believe it would happen to them... until it happened
>>
These threads are so depressing. The fact that some people are willingly giving up their privacy because they "have nothing to hide" is absurd.
>>
>>51804729
>The fact that some people are willingly giving up their privacy because they "have nothing to hide" is absurd.

The argument is, but the fact that people are willing to do it isn't.
>>
>believing the /g/ botnet meme
>>
>>51804801
https://www.fsf.org/windows
https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html

TLDR: Windows = Back Doors, Sabotage, Surveillance, Tyrants, Enemy of your freedom
>>
>>51804826
tell me when linux has support for any games that aren't shit
>there are none right now
>>
>>51802160
Just did some research on this. Scary stuff
>>
File: 1266126008249.jpg (68 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1266126008249.jpg
68 KB, 305x196
>>51804826
>trying this hard to fit in
>>
Just made clean install.
Previously right click on start menu button displayed standard white menu.
Now it displays black one with the style like start menu.
Why was it different in not clean install?
>>
>>51804779
they'll find out why it's absurd the hard way soon enough
>>
File: dmode33.jpg (97 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
dmode33.jpg
97 KB, 960x960
Obligatory
https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1449850997644.webm
>>
>>51805016
He didn't install Enterprise. Using Enterprise he could have set up his updating policies properly. Windows belongs to a whole other group of bullshit and needs specific skills to survive an encounter. You need to be careful with it or otherwise you end up like the guy on the video.
>>
>>51804832
>muh games

More like "tell me when games has support for OSs that aren't shit"
>>
>>51805197
No no, when Linux is not supported by a hardware or software, it's the fault of Linux.
When Windows is not supported however, the software or hardware is at fault.
>>
>>51801391
This.

>2016 minus one month
>not knowing that Windows 10 is Skynet
>>
I just activated Windows 7 (legit copy) and I'm installing Windows 10 right now. Did I fuck up?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.