[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hoverboard thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 474538.png (497 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
474538.png
497 KB, 620x387
Ok /g/ spill it: Where can I buy one and which one is the best?

I want to get it for Christmas but don't want to get fleeced by some ching chong jew fuck in Taiwan who charges me $400 and sends me a skateboard with two blenders ductaped to either side fitted with LEGO tires.
>>
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
I hear they give them out for free in Hell if you kill yourself in the next three days, it's a special extended Cyber Monday deal.
>>
Those things have been going up in flames and starting fires. Good luck.
>>
Don't you watch the news OP? The things literally burst in flame. Who knows why but a lot of them explode.

Also OP confirmed for basketballer
>>
File: 1448950496621.gif (3 MB, 303x457) Image search: [Google]
1448950496621.gif
3 MB, 303x457
>>51799313
>hoverboard
Fuck off with your stupid buzzwords, it's a hands-free segway.
It's a stupid fucking trend and you're a retard for falling for it.
>>
>>51799316
>>51799324
>>51799335
Holy shit calm down your chodes. It is a neato gadet and I want one. How can you not?
>>
>>51799364

Because you look like a fucking retard riding one, I've seen it IRL.
>>
Hands-free Segways do not respect your freedoms
>>
Actual answer:

I got to ride one for a while when my roommate's boyfriend brought his over.

>Expensive, but the owner is DJ/producer who makes a lot of money and could buy one just for fun
>Slight learning curve, I got it down after 5 minutes
>Low top speed
>VERY HEAVY, would get uncomfortable to carry
>no idea on battery life since we just spooled around the kitchen or living room
>wear real shoes, I fell off and my toe hurt for days. Roommate actually sprained her arm but she was really dumb and did it while incredibly drunk and rolling.

They're fun. BUT. Ultimately a toy and entirely impractical for getting around. I wouldn't advise getting one unless you're wealthy enough you wouldn't miss the money anyway.
>>
>>51799397
I'm not going to drive around trying to pick up chicks senpai. Besides if I can get the entire crew it will look amazing to see the entire pack riding down 17th Ave on our cock gliders.
>>
>>51799421
>Besides if I can get the entire crew it will look amazing to see the entire pack riding down 17th Ave on our cock gliders.
>amazing
I think you meant to say hilariously absurd. Unless that's what you were going for.
>>
>>51799445
Little of A little of B.
>>
>>51799313

These things are deathtraps. If you're going to spend a few hundred dollars on a cool rideable, consider RocketSkates.
>>
File: 1356005972298.png (183 KB, 447x483) Image search: [Google]
1356005972298.png
183 KB, 447x483
>>51800238
>RocketSkates
Ok those are really fucking cool
>>
>>51799313
Except Taiwan doesn't make them, they are all made in China, no matter which brand/company you buy from.
>>
>>51800263

They are. If, on the other hand, you're of a mind to spend a grand or more on a cool rideable, consider the Boosted Board or the upcoming ZBoard 2. For that matter, electric bicycles (and e-bike conversion kits) are also really cool.
>>
Niggee
>>
>>51800313

Or, if you really wanna go nuts, these things are TRON as fuck.

http://solowheel.com/product/orbit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rlz5lfCC-g

unicycles are better
>>
>>51800328
>16km/h
>15km range
I got excited over nothing
>>
build your own you faglord
god can't /g/ make anything these days
>>
>>51799421
JME did this in one of his videos, think it was murking but cant quite remember off the top ofmy head, and while I like jme and some of his stuff, I think they looked like dickheads haha but thats because I dont get the whole trend so I might be biased and you might think it looks sick haha
>>
>>51799313
It's not a hover board, it's a segway with no handles and >http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/hoverboard-catches-fire-washington-state-mall-35665630
You're an idiot if you buy one.
>>
>>51801549
Probably could of been fun if it went a little faster. I wouldn't ride this on a busy sidewalk though. Maybe the park.
>>
>>51799313
MEME OF THE YEAR

I SAW SOME FAGGOT RUNNING AFTER HIS 8 YEAR OLD WHO WAS ABOUT TO SEGWAY INTO TRAFFIC
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.