[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Really want to build a new PC >There hasn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: gertget.png (107 KB, 1239x902) Image search: [Google]
gertget.png
107 KB, 1239x902
>Really want to build a new PC
>There hasn't really been any significant CPU upgrades since my last build(Ivy Bridge)

I really should wait for kaby or canonlake right?

Xenia and Citra are makigng strides and I want my next build to be ready for them
>>
>>51797756
there's hasn't been any significant cpu upgrade since sandy bridge

zen is literally our only hope, intel have tossed aside the idea of higher performance
>>
>>51797766
Isn't Cannonlake pretty much a guaranteed decent upgrade?

I heard it was supposed to be impressive when it hits.
>>
>>51797783
just like skylake was, right?
>>
>zen
I have bad news for you
>>
>>51797783
Nope, Skylake die shrink, no performance gains.

You're thinking of Ice Lake, in which case you should reconsider your thoughts on performance considering the Skylel flop.
>>
>>51797789
certified shitwrecker keller never fails to deliver

>inb4 hurdur he left lol zen is dead i'm a retard who doesn't understand how contract work works
>>
>>51797756
Xenia and Citra will take ages before you see playable builds of them. It's still good idea how a good cpu for emulation, but I doubt you will use for 360 and 3ds emulation.
>>
>>51797946
Citra and Xenia will likely have playable builds in a year.

Within the next year Citra will got a dynarec and audio so that's golden.
>>
>>51797766
tfw still sitting on a 2500k and no desire to upgrade.
>>
>>51797840
What are the names of the people who will save AMD again? I forget.
>>
>>51798002
no reason to, thb. Still an amazing cpu.
>>
File: masterrace.png (8 KB, 422x73) Image search: [Google]
masterrace.png
8 KB, 422x73
>>51798002
you and me both brother. truly intel's crowning achievement
>>
File: nexusae0_Tegra-4i_die_shot.png (3 MB, 1110x1076) Image search: [Google]
nexusae0_Tegra-4i_die_shot.png
3 MB, 1110x1076
i7-2600k here

tempted to buy a new CPU since my mobo is close to shitting itself and I might as well upgrade multiple components at once. However, I am resisting the urge and will prolly buy $50-$75 used POS if mine does die

I am trying to hold out until a new intel architecture on a new die...so, whatever comes after canonlake. 10nm, new arch. Even if it's another incremental 3%-10% boost over previous, they'll have racked up since Sandy Bridge and therefore be worth upgrading to.

Also, by that time, DX12 and Vulkan should be set in stone (both soft and hard know how to work it), and we will have PCIe4, faster DDR4, and possibly nvlink for x86 on the nvidia side, which (in addition to DX12 multiadapter features) might make multi-GPU builds more effective.

TLDR - wait
>>
>>51798002
>>51798078
2500k here running at 4.8ghz, but desu I could run it at 4 and be fine

kinda tempted to buy a 2nd 2500k just so I have a backup
>>
>>51798125
had mine at 4.2ghz since i bought it 4 years ago, no signs of going bad

i didn't get a good bin though so it can't get stable at 4.5ghz unfortunately
>>
>>51797756
What's with the insane PSU son? You electrocuting someone?
>>
>>51799580
Right? You'd never need more than 750w unless you're going to run multiple GPUs.
>>
>>51799663
I'd crossfire a second 390 later
>>
>>51799712
You still wouldn't need more than a 950w
>>
>>51799809
it was priced better than other fully modular 900+ watt 80+gold(or higher) PSUs

I also really like Seasonic.
>>
>>51799712
What do you need the second GPU for? Curious because I've never had multiple GPUs in a single computer
>>
>>51799865
Eventual 4K monitor.
>>
>>51797756
Which out of kaby or canonlake is worth waiting out for and why? I would like to upgrade my P4 [yeah, really] but don't want to upgrade and then the next month or two find out a whole new cpu series has trumpted the build....
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.