[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming Laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: bestbuy1.png (53 KB, 854x559) Image search: [Google]
bestbuy1.png
53 KB, 854x559
So I got $2000 of Best Buy credit, and I'm looking for a good gaming laptop for mobility since I don't have a place for a desktop. I'm looking for some 15"+ screen, good graphics, cpu, ram, ventilation, and upgrade-ability... Do you have any recommendations /g/?
>>
>>51797675
ASUS ROG G752 highest affordable spec.

Seriously, the ROG G series is the only real legitimate "Gaymen" laptop that's worth it in the slightest.
>>
File: 18c8wrwny29ivjpg.jpg (167 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
18c8wrwny29ivjpg.jpg
167 KB, 960x540
buy amazon gift cards
>>
>>51797705
I think OP wants one that doesn't look fucking retarded.
>>
>>51797713
bingo
>>
>>51797713
Those are kindle though, do they have plain amazon gift cards?
>>
>>51797979
Kindle = Amazon
>>
>>51797985
oh cool
>>
>>51797979
"Kindle" Cards can be used as a normal amazon balance.
I do this shit all the time.
>I didn't know what to get you, here is $x for best buy/crappy store
The worst is getting iTunes/Apple Gift cards, and I don't live in commiefornia so there is no cash out law.
>>
File: 1430897381791.jpg (141 KB, 672x701) Image search: [Google]
1430897381791.jpg
141 KB, 672x701
>gaming laptop
They never learn.
>>
>>51798031
I keep getting 5 or 10 dollar cards for barnes and noble from my family. That's nice and all, but I really don't like physical books much anymore.
>>
>>51798068
Maybe the gifts imply you should do some reading :^)
>>
>>51798049
while most gaymen laptops are shit, there are a few out there (Sager specifically) that have 90%+ the performance of a desktop counterpart

you pay a premium, can't overclock, and lose the ability to upgrade them later, sure, but you get the mobility, which matters a lot to people believe it or not
>>
>>51797861

Does not compute.

Every quality gayming laptop looks fucking retarded and has a battery life of less than two hours
>>
>>51797675
>$2000
If you're really going to spend that much money then get something with a 17 inch screen for fuck's sake. I have two laptops (one was 'free' from my college). One with a 15 inch screen and one with 17, and believe me it makes a huge difference.

>>51798049
>yfw I'm currently using a 6 year old dv7 pavilion to read this thread
I'm amazed it's lasted this long myself. Thankfully I like games like Crusader Kings 2, so it doesn't need to be powerful.
>>
>>51798068
You can buy ebooks on the BN app with the cards
>>
File: best-buy-staff.jpg (79 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
best-buy-staff.jpg
79 KB, 640x360
>>51797713

Best Buys face when
>>
>>51798410
they may have a policy about a maximum limit on dollars spent gift cards per day.
>>
>>51798410
From left to right: Cashier, Service Manager, 2ic
>>
>>51797675

>gaming laptop

Don't be a shithead.

What, exactly, do you mean by "don't have a place"? Is there no space by your desk? In your dwelling? Go M-ITX, or put it somewhere else in your house and run a cable. Get creative. Don't buy a fucking gaming laptop, you'll look like a manchild.
>>
>gaming laptop
When will shits like this leave this board?
>>
File: 1400483952579.gif (894 KB, 320x184) Image search: [Google]
1400483952579.gif
894 KB, 320x184
>>51800181
Maybe when he gets one?
>>
>>51800277
If you help him more will come.
>>
>>51797675
You wouldn't game on a laptop
/thread
>>
>>51797675
Buy a decent desk. Then buy a good monitor and desktop which will be about $1500 including the desk. Buy a the best laptop for $500. You'll be happier this way.
>>
>>51800478

If you're tight on space, buy the 27" Retina iMac. The nature of an all-in-one enables all kinds of clever space-saving measures, and the newer iMac is no slouch at all. It's really underrated.

For example: I have a 2'x4' antique writing desk. It's gorgeous and practical, in terms of space and storage (lots of drawers). I found it at a thrift store for $100. Why? Because some retard had a big ATX tower and wanted a desk that accommodated it.

The road less traveled is littered with treasures.
>>
>>51797675
>all these triggered manchilds
Not OP but, there are actualy people that travel a lot due to their profession, which makes a desktop useless in these situations.

I work for a world renowned Process Control System Developer, we aren't as big as Siemens but we're huge, and in many occasions I have to travel to the actual plant where the system is being implemented and stay there helping clients for a week or even more.

>Indonesia
>China
>USA
>Canada
>Germany
>Lebanon
>UK
>France
>Portugal
>Saudi Arabia

Those are some of the countries I had to travel this year, I was literaly over 150 days away from home, and since I enjoy vidya, I play with my laptop when I'm bored in the Hotel Room.

But this is me, if OP is a student though, then he's a fucking faggot for considering getting a GAYMUN'LAPTOP.

Hell, I remember two years ago some anon making a thread to get a ROG Laptop because he spend the entire year inside a fucking boat cruising around.
>>
>>51800612

If you travel for business, be an adult and buy the nicest, most attractive, most professional-looking ultraportable you can find. Don't waste your time playing video games, spend it learning and enriching your mind. Odds are, you don't get enough of that anyway.

You god damn manchildren.
>>
>>51800534

>slow clap
>>
>$2000 at Best Buy

can you even build a pc from there
>>
>>51800637
I don't want to learn more you incultured swine, I'm cultured enough in my are to get employed by anyone in the PCS Industry either as a Developer or as a Projekt Manager for the rest of my life, it is a area of work that requires a lot of work to get into, but once you dominate it then you're set for life since this kind of shit almost never changes for decades, and even if it changes they're minor and easy to learn.

And for "attractive and professional" laptops I already have the one that my company gave me, my gaymun laptop is only for my manchild hobby of playing videogames.
>>
>>51800677
>I'm cultured enough in my are to get employed by anyone in the PCS Industry either as a Developer or as a Projekt Manager for the rest of my life

Knowledge is not just a vehicle for getting employed. It's its own pursuit. You only have so much time on this Earth. Make your choices carefully.
>>
>>51800694
I understand your point, in my case my pursuit of knowledge is Languages, any other kind of knowledge doesn't interest me to be quite honest.

I get to travel a lot thanks to knowing 9 languages, that's a pro, when I'm done with this job I'll probably travel a lot through the world as a Tourist this time, in order to have more chances to know local culture a lot better.

But as it stands for now, vidya.
>>
>>51800733

Bah. Flashy Skinner boxes that string you along and leave you with nothing.
>>
>>51800782
To each his own, I enjoy it this way.

I have a colleague that does drifting during his free time, even joins competitions, he even rices his car like a Turk in Germany.
I find his pursuit retarded as fuck, but he has the time of his life.
>>
>>51800806

>I find his pursuit retarded as fuck, but he has the time of his life.

He has a thing at the end of his pursuit. You have nothing as a frequent gamer. You're like a crack addict. All video games do is take, especially the trash that passes nowadays.

Video games are literally designed from the ground up to keep you playing, and nothing more. They're the most cynical kind of psychological exploitation.
>>
>>51800843
>you have nothing
>knowing more and more languages, meeting new people, getting to know countless cultures personaly
>you have nothing
>for playing vidya by side
Jesus, just look at you talk.
>>
Some people in this thread definitely need a girlfriend.
>>
>>51797713
how the fuck did all that come out to $50?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.