[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
python c or java for noobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
python c or java for noobs
>>
>>51796013
python is about as noob as it gets
>>
>>51796027
yeah but is it really good for someone that wants to get into programming? does it equip you with the skills to learn other languages?
>>
python
shitty easy baby language
>>
Forget the "learn python the hard way" meme, the best place to learn any new language is to look at an official tutorial/manual:

https://docs.python.org/release/2.7.11/tutorial/index.html
>>
>>51796040
Since you said this, go with C for sure
>>
FORTRAN77
>>
Ignore every programmer

Just pick one and learn it to do actual shit with. Once you have one down, learning another is easy and you already have the hard part down. Asking which language to learn is like asking "should I learn how to use a hammer or screwdriver or wrench?"

A bunch of autists will yell shit like WRENCHES ARE BAD AT HAMMERING NAILS and LOL SCREWDRIVERS CAN'T TURN BOLTS but ignore them.
>>
>>51796113
Fortran is actually still pretty good if you do serious math on supercomputers.
>>
>>51796013
>>51796113
>>51796160
>FORTRAN
This but now better learn last standard Fortran 2008 (or soon 2015).
C fine too for noobs.
>>
Learn python, because it's popular, low barrier to entry, lots of resources out there to help you.

Don't lean python, because it will teach you bad habits and some lazy coding, and masks a lot of the intricacies of how computers work.

Lean C, because it teaches you how computers work, teaches you good habits, and will force you to learn some of the intricacies.

Don't learn C, because it is harder, has fewer fancy resources to help you, and you'll run into more frustration.

Lean java, because.. Well fuck it. I can't find anything positive about learning java.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.