[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ can you help me understand this, we have so much technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1449006997460.gif (3 MB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
1449006997460.gif
3 MB, 600x396
/g/ can you help me understand this, we have so much technology right now, to think that I can be on my balcony and look at pictures of other worlds from my tablet is pretty advance imo , but technology has yet to create a practical artificial heart or kidneys, my question is, why? What' s keeping us from being at the point where technology is so advance that you can have a new heart, a better one or a kidney. Where are humans lacking right now /g/, and what breakthrough do you think will change the world.
>>
File: damn imageboard.jpg (26 KB, 322x245) Image search: [Google]
damn imageboard.jpg
26 KB, 322x245
>>51795222
>I will never have digits like yours
>>
>>51795222
Religion
>>
>>51795222
foreign body rejection. causes parts to clog up (body tries to rid the device). anti-rejection meds used in transplants doesn't work with mechanical parts. they gotta get over that bump first. stem cell and cloning might have gotten us closer but you know what direction that took.
>>
Where are you going to get the energy to power a pump anon? Battery life is lacking big time, unless you wan't tubes and fucking wires hanging around your waist. You said practical, for that to happen there needs to be a massive breakthrough in battery life or a major breakthrough in bio medicine or something. Otherwise , you can wait a few hundred years because I don't think we are anywhere near solving any of these problems.
>>
>>51795222
Low demand
>>
>>51795222

Lack of funding, religion, idiotic beliefs, there are several reasons why. You have to follow the money, the only advance shit we are getting are cell phones and gaming systems/pc's because the world not only needs it but it's now a status symbol to get the latest and greatest of anything. So we all know where the funding went.
>>
checkem
>>
nanotechnology will solve everything you listed op
>>
That's the nicest pepe I have ever seen
>>
>>51795316
/thread.
>>
>>51795316
>>51795472
*tips fedora*
>>
>>51795890
I don't even own a Fedora.
>>
>>51795222
Consider underclocking your heart and turning off your AutismHD Integrated retard card
>>
>>51795222

Kidneys are pretty complex, unless it's entirely mechanical in function a machine can't usually replicate chemical reactions at cellular levels

>have a new heart
there are tons of artificial hearts out there that have been developed as far back as the 1940s but it's fairly unlikely we'll get one that doesn't require a shit ton of maintenance or close observation

bionics could get a lot better if people would just man the fuck up and allow invasive surgery to connect actual nerve endings to a computer, it's only happened in a rare few cases

a lot of what people present as bionics are really just tech integrated prosethetics with no actual biological data taken
>>
>>51795927
Then stop posting like someone who has one.
>>
>>51796169
Fine then, because certain people have beliefs which come into conflict with some scientific practices, and while the advent of science is important, so is respecting these peoples dignity.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.