[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yo /g/ from /v/ here My windows 8 pc is starting to run slow,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: windows-store.png (52 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
windows-store.png
52 KB, 256x256
yo /g/

from /v/ here

My windows 8 pc is starting to run slow, so I'm thinking about just saying fuck it and going with windows 10. I was told to come here so you could talk me out of it, but is it really THAT horrible? I mean I'm pretty sure my android phone is spying on me all the time anyways.

Also any incompatibility with older games? I've heard conflicting reports.
>>
>>51794436
>from /v/ here
oh boy...

install win7 and be happy. win10 is absolute garbage. it's ugly as fuck, improves nothing, steals all your data, has fucking ads in the fucking start menu, forces you to do updates, deletes programs because they are deemed "incompatible" by microsoft etc.
>>
>>51794436
W10 botnet worse than Android botnet senpai
>WiFi Sense
>Basic Telemetry
>forced updates
>ads
>>
>>51794472
This, I completely agree with you anon he needs to just get windows 7 for his /v/ gaymen needs and be happy.
>>
I upgraded from win7 to win10 and actually like the new version.
>>
File: 2d.jpg (22 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
2d.jpg
22 KB, 280x280
>>51794436
>>
Thanks guys.

Shame there isn't a way to downgrade from a legitimate copy of 8.1 to a legitimate copy of windows 7.
>>
>>51794436
>>from /v/ here
oy vey.

don't do it, you'll get no benefits of any significance, since nothing really uses DX12, and won't for some years.
>>
>>51794436
Look here:
>>51794472
Listen to this guy, I would say the same thing. Android is probably spying on you as well, but it is less intrusive and you have more control over your android phone than with Windows 10.

Looks like Microsoft went like "hey, look at Apple. Consumers love to be forced to do shit, and the consumers love that corporations control the software and what people can use it for."

While completely forgetting that the reason why Apple users put up with paying tons of money to be controlled by a corporation is because they had the charming Steve Jobs and they could imagine him forcing their hand like the visionary he was. Bill gates don't have that, nobody have a romantic notion of Bill gates controlling everything you do so that you will be cool, but Microsoft still is doing the whole spiel. Stay away.
>>
>>51794636
>>51794472
Thanks. You nerds are alright.
>>
>>51794436
>My windows 8 pc is starting to run slow, so I'm thinking about just saying fuck it and going with windows 10.
>this logic

/v/tards everyone
>>
>>51794509
>from /v/
>zero experience in /g/
>senpai
You cant even into memes can you?
>>
>>51794768
Eehhhhhhh it's the filters
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.