[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audiophilia is a sickness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: audiophile.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
audiophile.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Stop buying placebo products that are extremely promoted on /hpg/. There is no human ear on the world to distinguish between 320kbps mp3 and FLAC. Spending thousands of dollars to cable lifters, thick cables, cabins, headphones is just a placebo that audiophiles think they are born with a golden ear.

Pic related, look at that old turd. Why the hell would you pretend that much?
>>
>>51791878

If you would like to troll.

Go to /b/
>>
I love this webm

How come most audiophiles are old farts who have lost their supreme hearing (if they ever had one) decades ago?

I've heard painful trebles.
On earphones that are $20 a shipping palette of them.
>>
>>51791888
nice trips

I am not even trolling or anything. Okay I'm not saying that you should buy $3 chinese earphones but there is literally no point in spending thousands. It scientifically has no purpose.
>>
>>51791926

You don't know enough to have an opinion. And you are in the wrong board. Go shitpost on /b/ and buy your beats headphones
>>
It really does depend on codec used and music genre. Lossless is better than any lossy because you can do whatever the fuck you want with them and they have predictable and checkable quality. for example you can hardly check if a 320 mp3 really is 320 and was converted from lossless directly. Also they are often better tagged. in my opinion everything over 44.2kHz and 16bit is useless as you really cant hear it. I always use the best avaible codec that is supported by <target device>, like currently Opus on my phone. I have a script that finds all flacs, converts them with ffmpeg and desired options and put them in a folder with just md5s as names as they are properly tagged
>>
>>51791878
Obviously a troll thread. Im not an audiophile but I can notice significant differences between flac and any other format. Flac sounds exactly like the music was just mastered in the studio, it has so much better depth.
Im not sure about expensive audio gear, since I never owned any.
>>
I have k7xx and they sound like sex.
That said, you shouldn't go beyond $300 for a pair of headphones.
>>
Is this the right thread to ask if I should get a DAC?
>>
>>51791878
Quit being a facist pig dictating to others what they should and shouldn't do. If its not hurting you why the fuck do you care? To feel superior? Because you are poor?
>>
>>51791878
what is he listening to, /mu/?
>>
File: 1435094102583.jpg (21 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
1435094102583.jpg
21 KB, 600x357
>>51791878
I should have not made this webm
>>
>>51792102
Yes and yes
>>
>>51791878
Can I get a link to this vid?
>>
Your audio setup is comprised of bottlenecks. Your headphones is a bottleneck. Your onboard DAC is a bottleneck. MP3 is a bottleneck.
You must upgrade these bottlenecks for true fidelity.
>>
>>51791878
When you cum but she still sucking
>>
>>51791878
Audiophiles are like wine connoisseurs. Worst pieces of human garbage there is.
>>
>>51791878
Just let morons waste their money.
>>
>>51792130
Back to black Twitter
>>
Anyone not owning AT atm 50 headphones is either underage or faggot.
>>
>>51792069
You're a dumbass. You don't understand the use of flac. There is no audible difference between flac and high bit rate lossless format.
>>
>>51791878
What is going on in this webbum?
>>
>>51792230
*Lossy
>>
>>51792233
He's feeling overwhelming emotions from the music he's listening to
>>
>>51791878
Is he i-dosing?
>>
>>51791878
>nuttin but she still sucking
>>
kek, just look at his face. how can music possibly do that? literally faking like a bitch. idiot old fart, pretending to be an audiophile.
>>
I usually can't tell beyond CD quality or 320 kbps. When I listen to good quality sound I can usually hear the noise of my laptop sound card or chip. I can tell a shitty 320 kbps mp3 from a good one. Very often I wasn't satisfied with 192 kbps.

But the main problem is rendering. I'm not much of an audiophile but I can understand why people buy expensive audio equipment to get the sound they like. And most of the time it has nothing to do with the recording or encoding quality.
>>
>>51792247
He's listening at a very high volume which is why he is twitching in pain.
>>
>>51792247
He's listening to post-nu trudgestomp, and the trudge is too phat for his old ears.
>>
There's a lot of bullshit in the audiophile world but in the case of headphones themselves they all objectively make a difference. I don't think anyone here actually thinks their shitty snapheiser sounds the same as a electrostatic Stax, right?
>>
>>51792116
>this faggot again
Nobody cares that you used a YouTube to webm converter, fuck off back to Reddit
>>
>>51791878
I can, but usually depends on the type of music, ex electronic i can't tell the difference, metal i can ( usually can hear a difference on the high frequency range not the low. However, i would never spend 2000 on a pair of headphones, that's just dumb
>>
I don't care about that snake oil shit. I just care about studio quality.
>>
>>51792107
obviously he's not cringing but being BLASTED AWAY by the FUCKIN SICK BANGERS Justin Bieber has been releasing recently
>>
>>51791878
>advocating mp3
Fuck off proprietary shill. Choose something that respects your freedoms like opus instead.
>>
>>51791878
Holy kek, source please
>>
>>51791973
Kek, buttmad audiophile detected
>>
>Oh. My. Goodness! My senses feel assaulted … as would my wallet, if I had had to pay for these. With every smack of the snare and blare of a trumpet my eyes wince in pain. Fast transient edges are transformed into indiscriminate micro-bursts of tizz. Likewise, low notes are powerful, but have lost all definition as they are reduced to a bloated blur. The mid-range seems like it could be pretty good, but I hear it as so disconnected from all else that I could hardly keep track of what’s what in the confused aural picture. I’ve heard worse headphones before, but for $2749 these have got to be the worst price/performance headphones I’ve ever experienced.
>>
File: meme.jpg (135 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
135 KB, 803x688
>>51792130
>>
>>51791878
Why is it always old men who fall for audiophile bullshit? Every physician can tell you that they have already lost quite a but of their hearing, is it a midlife/latelife crisis thing where they don't want to admit that their body is deteriorating so they make up this bullshit about how they can tell the difference?
>>
>>51791878
He is playing around anon. He likes trolling his viewers some times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZY0qGrA9Y
>>
>>51792022
>I always use the best avaible codec that is supported by <target device>, like currently Opus on my phone. I have a script that finds all flacs, converts them with ffmpeg and desired options and put them in a folder with just md5s as names as they are properly tagged

now this is autism
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.